Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2006, 07:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hey what class is the CEDIA running. Cant be in 1600 cc class can it?
Rtech, 2L8uloose.....anybody?
Old 13th August 2006, 10:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

This is what I heard from a reliable source :

G. Gill of team JK is in the lead.... While Naren Kumar suffered some gear box issues and ended up missing the top 3.... Also the fiesta developed some minor problem and lost time.

Wish I could have witnessed part of this rally but unfortunately have been tied up with other things... maybe we will be lucky enough to see some vids or pics posted by members
Old 13th August 2006, 10:56   #33
BHPian

The flag off apparently sucked...there was a big mix up resulting in the holding up of the cars!!
Old 13th August 2006, 16:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

This is the finishing order : Gaurav Gill, Karandeep Singh, Arjun Balu.

Finally mitsubishi
Old 13th August 2006, 17:17   #35
Team-BHP Support

Hey Mpower, the Cedia is running in the 1601 - 2000cc class. And its awesome to see it win its first rally. Most people thought it would get slaughtered as its heavier and less powerful than the competition, but I guess that in-build Evo handling makes up for all that. Also, that Gaurav Gill is some driver!!!
Old 13th August 2006, 17:32   #36
BHPian

Day one was amazing espically gill and his cedia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a regular visitor to k-1000 since 2002 and for me this is the best of them all...the organisers have done a really good job... with that beign said i will give my views on the rally saw the rally on saturday the best part was the stages and the service park were all located close to each other lets say about 3kms there were a total of 3 stages each run twice making it a total of 6 stages and on day two the stages will run reversed..by the time we made it to madhur we had missed the first stage of the rally which caught out many drivers due to some very wet patches on the stage but gill was fastest by 20 seconds but the cedia holds an edge over all the cars in straight line speed it is one very very fast car stage 2 was also good the spot in which we were standing had caution written all over it let me describe the place it had flowing water where the sides of the road were badly damaged and that particular place fitted only a cars space and a bridge where all the spectators were standing...too much speed or a mistake will send the cars diving into the water... we saw only the 1600's for this stage... im not sure who went on this stage...let me tell the pace notes for this particular place i think it was a fast 5L and immediate 4R caution....by the time we came we saw arjun rao of team MRF taking the corners sliding with spectacular style the boleno was just thrown into the corner i thought he would slow down near the flowing water but na he went flat all the MRF drivers were very faster than team JK TYRES may be because the MRF were using APRC tyres out next was narain he took a very straight line and was faster than arjun next was gill he took the first corner with amazing speed and came in a little too fast on the "immediate 4R caution" all of us thought he would crash into the water but he immediately down shifts and just flicks the car taking the whole corner sideways the crowd went roaring and all the other cars were not bad either but the best here was narain kuamar...after the stage and some beer we went to stage 3 the whole stage was flatout from the start with some great water splaches also known as (ford)...ok the spot where we were standing had two fords each some 25 meters adrift we had missed narain when asked about how he went the guys there said he was very fast...when the drivers start the stage they can enjoy a good 1km of streatch with very fast corners execpt for karandeep all other drivers were very fast...some drivers never slowed down on the fords but gill again was very very fast with his 2ltr cedia he is one amazingly quick driver one thing i noticed about him is he does lotsa flicking
i think he gained more than 5sec in that series of corners...the funny part here was when gill came screaming down two guys were walking down the stage when they heard the roar of the car they pushed each other exactly onto the sides of the water splash when the car hit the ford both of them were drenched in slush all of us started laughing and they too were laughing their hearts out it was so good a rally...so it will be one exiting finish on day two unfortunately i wont be going because of all the guys are really tired i've some photos and videos but the problem in the videos is there are lotsa slang used we could not control our exitement..overall it was an excellent rally all of us had a blast i think our bhpians abhilash, killjoy and the wolf will have a detailed report of the rally

a total of 11 drivers failed to finish the course so there are 35 cars left for day two

Last edited by chetan : 13th August 2006 at 17:41.
Old 13th August 2006, 17:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
This is the finishing order : Gaurav Gill, Karandeep Singh, Arjun Balu.

Finally mitsubishi
congrats to the winners, there was a evo7 parked near the service area i think it belonged to narain kumar

who won the 1400, rsc and the gypsy cup

and our bhpians abhilash and killjoy also did the event i dont know what happened

Last edited by chetan : 13th August 2006 at 17:48.
Old 13th August 2006, 17:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Hey Mpower, the Cedia is running in the 1601 - 2000cc class. And its awesome to see it win its first rally. Most people thought it would get slaughtered as its heavier and less powerful than the competition, but I guess that in-build Evo handling makes up for all that. Also, that Gaurav Gill is some driver!!!
Hmm its nice to see Gaurav progress well. He used to be a year senior to me at school & we were together on the tennis team! He was always an outstanding sportsman.
Old 13th August 2006, 18:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan
there was a evo7 parked near the service area
I think some guys have finalised the deal to buy the car of naren... atleast thats what I was told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Most people thought it would get slaughtered as its heavier and less powerful than the competition, but I guess that in-build Evo handling makes up for all that. Also, that Gaurav Gill is some driver!!!
hehehe mitsubishi rocks.. finally some credit... i have been a long time evo fan! and definately for the cars debut I think Gill must have driven bloody brilliantly..pushing the machine to its limits

Last edited by s0uljah : 13th August 2006 at 18:27.
Old 13th August 2006, 18:48   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Hmm its nice to see Gaurav progress well. He used to be a year senior to me at school & we were together on the tennis team! He was always an outstanding sportsman.
Hey, He is an excellent driver and there is no diubt about that ... he has to be coz he just got into the Cedia and made it fly !! Some mite say it has more power thus faster but then its not that easy ...

You played tennis with him in school ... I did a few rally's with his uncle ..

Cheers
Old 13th August 2006, 19:37   #41
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Pictures Please
Cheers
Old 13th August 2006, 22:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Is it modified category or stock category?
Old 14th August 2006, 00:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, He is an excellent driver and there is no diubt about that ... he has to be coz he just got into the Cedia and made it fly !! Some mite say it has more power thus faster but then its not that easy ...

You played tennis with him in school ... I did a few rally's with his uncle ..

Cheers
LOL That's a freaky coincidence!!! Maybe we should get together & start a Gaurav Gill team-mate's club
Old 14th August 2006, 16:28   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I must admit, I was never interested in local motorsports but have followed the K1000 keenly. The entry of Cedias and Fiestas is of particular interest (against the regular sea of Balenos / Esteems and Gypsies).

Awesome report Chetan....
Old 14th August 2006, 21:45   #45
BHPian

K-1000

Gang,
Was there on Saturday - I must say that this has been byfar one of the best K-1000's I have seen.(from 2000 onwards)
Though it began with a damp start on Friday - I was witness to the whole drama at the Super Special Stage at Jakkur Flying Club and was wondering how the next couple of days would be but action on Saturday proved me wrong.

The Cedia was extremely fast so were the Baleno's and the Fiesta's.I must also mention that the Gypsies were doing good timing.I watched stage 1 and Stage 3..overall a day well spent.

Raghu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks