Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2006, 23:31   #46
BHPian

pictures? videos anyone?
Old 16th August 2006, 09:47   #47
BHPian

One of the fastest and finest K-1000 I have seen till date.
Pics on my yahoo album at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bullfr...mbhp/my_photos

Copy and paste the above link in a separate browser window and view the only album under the profile. All photos shot by fellow Team-BHPian, Raghuram.

Happy viewing. Feedback welcome. PM me if you need high resolution pics for your desktop.

Cheers
Old 16th August 2006, 10:10   #48
BHPian

hi bullfrog, was this day 1 or day 2?? only 18 pictures anyway they are all good!!!
Old 16th August 2006, 10:44   #49
BHPian

Day 1 was the day of SSS at Jakkur where all the drama happened.
Day 2 was at the 3 stages near Maddur. These are snaps from Stage 1 & 3 on that day.
We weren't there on Day 3 when they ran the same stages in reverse direction.
Old 16th August 2006, 10:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

nice pics.

I never thought Baleno could look so good. And as I asked before.

Are these cars racing stock or modified?
Old 16th August 2006, 11:23   #51
Jay
BHPian

Hey Bullfrog, nice pics there, got anymore ???
Old 16th August 2006, 12:03   #52
BHPian

Actually these were shot on a very low end Nikon coolpix 3200. I shot the pictures on my film slr which I am yet to develop. Will scan and post the good ones as soon as it is done.

On a different note I think the rally was very spectator friendly with easy access to good viewing points in stages at a short distance from each other. Also timings were very good and having the first car flag off at 11 am from stage helps the late risers to have leisurely breakfast and a dirve to the stage
Old 16th August 2006, 16:02   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

NICE pictures...Thanks for sharing!!

Updated the first message with the picture link
Old 16th August 2006, 21:20   #54
BHPian

Also our very own member Sanket is leading comfortably in the Gypsy category .. seems he will win the title this year -- GUD GOING DUDE !!

Cheers[/quote]
khaadu75

thanks a lot buddy!!! i was leading suresh rana by over a minute & with two stages to go, i had a punture 1 km in to the second last stage & lost my lead
i missed 1st place by 2 seconds. what a bummer.
even in chikmagalur i lost the lead to sandeep sharma cos in one stage i had rains through out the stage whereas he did not.... i hope this is the end of my bad luck
sanket

Last edited by sanket12 : 16th August 2006 at 21:22.
Old 16th August 2006, 23:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sanket, that was some good going there. Too bad the Delhi round isnt happening otherwise would have met up with you again.
Old 17th August 2006, 00:35   #56
WRX
BHPian

Congratulations Sanket! I'm sure you will do one better in Chandigarh. Slightly off topic but can you share some details on the suspension set up that you are using on your Gypsy. I'm assuming its a twin shock set up... Also are either of the tyre manufacturers providing you with dirt tyres for the INRC?
Old 17th August 2006, 09:18   #57
BHPian

This is again slightly off topic. Is there someone who drove K1000 and willing to share the Competition number and corresponding driver details (The list). I need these to tag names to photos I have now.

Many Thanks
Old 17th August 2006, 11:47   #58
BHPian

Congrats Sanket, that was some good going there. Too bad the Delhi round isnt happening otherwise would have met up with you again.

buddy we can always meet up during the chandighar round or maybe during the raid if i manage to get a sponsorer by then

Congratulations Sanket! I'm sure you will do one better in Chandigarh. Slightly off topic but can you share some details on the suspension set up that you are using on your Gypsy. I'm assuming its a twin shock set up... Also are either of the tyre manufacturers providing you with dirt tyres for the INRC?

well im using 4 gas filled & 4 oil filled shocks on the gypsy. yup its a twin shock set up on normal leaf springs. and yes this year MRF is sponsoring me with tarmac \ dirt tyres for all the rounds of the INRC.
during the chikmagular rally it took me almost 2 stages to understand and come to grips with the change in handling & conering of the vehicle with the dirt tyres... but the grip generated by these tyres is simply phenomenal. its like driving on tarmac.
Old 17th August 2006, 22:26   #59
WRX
BHPian

Thanks for the response Sanket, I used to rally a gypsy in the North some time ago and tinkered a fair amount to find the best set up for the gypsy. I liked rancho's shocks but you need to have the diff strengthened real good else it would bend. Monroe gas shocks seem to work allright too, but i found them a little bit soft. Used the JK Tornado tyres, which were allright, but not a match for Competition tyres.

Its great to see a Gypsy post such competive times. Also amazing to have 3 different manufacturers on the podium. It's the first time i have seen it happen in the more than 15 years that I have been following rallying!
Old 18th August 2006, 09:17   #60
BANNED

WRX.. just FYI... the JK shod gypsy's still use the TORNADO tyres... and when I spoke to the driver's they were extremly envious of the MRF shod gypsy's.. go figure!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks