Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 23:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad to soon get an NHRA-certified drag strip, thanks to Yash Motorsports

Hyderabad to soon get an NHRA-certified drag strip, thanks to Yash Motorsports-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443204952.124050.jpg

Just came across this event on facebook and I don't remember when I was last so excited!

Yash Motorsports is hosting an event on September 29 to announce some big news for the Indian motorsports scene. To add credibility to their event they have on board an executive from NHRA, Mr. Vicky Chandokh and the newly appointed president of FMSCI, Mr. Zayn Khan.

If all goes well, then Hyderabad should have an NHRA-certified drag racing strip AND a full race track up and ready within the next six months in the city limits. Going by the description, it also looks like they will have a motorsports incubator to help nurture racers.

Never heard of Yash Motorsports before but this is a wonderful way of making a debut!

Would this be the country's first and only NHRA-certified drag strip?
Check out the event page on facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1655850624694307/
Date- September 29 (Tuesday)
Time- 4:30-7:30PM
Venue- Raddison Hyderabad, Hitec City.
P.S: I have no affiliation with Yash Motorsports. Just sharing this here out of my own (over)enthusiasm.

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2015 at 15:12. Reason: As requested
shyn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 15:37   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to soon get an NHRA-certified drag strip, thanks to Yash Motorsports

The construction has started for this track. I went to see it last weekend. Any idea when it will be open?
Old 11th November 2016, 08:12   #3
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to soon get an NHRA-certified drag strip, thanks to Yash Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
The construction has started for this track. I went to see it last weekend. Any idea when it will be open?
In which part of the city is the construction going on? Can you please share pics if you have?
Old 11th November 2016, 18:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
In which part of the city is the construction going on? Can you please share pics if you have?
You have to take the Pedda Golconda exit on the Ring Road. I think it is Exit 15. Take a right after the toll booth and go straight to Mansanpally X roads. Then take a left toward Maheshwaram. Then take a right somewhere after about 1-2 km. I'm not sure exactly where but I believe this is the location on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/UpUAgdEU8py

I haven't taken any pics but they've dug out the rough shape of the circuit in the dirt. I don't think they've started on the drag strip yet. There are a bunch of sandalwood trees in the plot near the entrance. I hope they don't get chopped down. There's a Yash Motorsports board at the site. I'm pretty sure that Google location is correct. The shape of the plot in the map matches the shape of the site given on the website.

Last edited by bowser : 11th November 2016 at 18:28.
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 13:04   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Any update on this racetrack construction? Anyone visited it recently and any pics to share the progress of construction?

Most Viewed