Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2016, 13:37   #46
BHPian

Guys if you haven't done so already, please call up your navigators and coordinate for tomorrow. A lot of folk (including me) are having trouble connecting with the navigator or are in a situation where navigators are not turning up. Better to confirm with the navigator at the earliest and inform the organisers on Whatsapp if you are having trouble connecting with the navigator.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 15:12   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
Thanks, reverse_gear, unfortunately my name doesn't appear on that list. I called Vishal a couple of times but he's not taking calls, he just disconnects.
That just sucks. The rally runs because of drivers like you & me. I reiterate, this year's edition is the most poorly organised one I've seen in my many years of participation.

Quote:
Took your advice and spoke directly to Sportscraft. I think they connected me to the owner, who's a really gracious chap. He apologised on behalf of Round Table India (RTI) and Vishal (even though this whole mess wasn't even his or Sportscraft's fault!), and let me know that he too was frustrated that they haven't been responding to anybody's emails or phone calls
Quote:
Even on the WhatsApp group, many people have doubts, Vishal & Co. have simply asked all participants to contact Sportscraft. Which I think they could have handled better.
Typical - both organisations are blaming each other for the mess.

Now you know why Indian motorsports is in the doldrums. And this is a simple low-speed drive through Mumbai!

Quote:
hopefully will get a chance to participate as well!
Vishal said he'll try his best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatrik View Post
but many people complaining either navigator number is wrong or some navigator cant make it, there is also a case where the person has no idea about what the rally is and that he even is a participant !

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Guys if you haven't done so already, please call up your navigators and coordinate for tomorrow.
Good tip! Just spoke to mine. He's all set.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 15:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to my navigator, She was really insisting me to reach the venue by 0700 sharp, I told her ill be there as soon as possible, Thankfully she has participated in all the blind rallys before so she knows how everything would go.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 18:33   #49
BHPian

Re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Vishal said he'll try his best.
Thanks, GTO, Vishal called me a little while back to confirm whether I'm still interested in participating. I told him I'd be there in the morning with you guys, so there's a good chance I might still be able to participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Typical - both organisations are blaming each other for the mess.

Now you know why Indian motorsports is in the doldrums. And this is a simple low-speed drive through Mumbai!
Not just Indian motor sports, I think we are like this only as a nation... Kindly adjust!!

Last edited by Hawkeye269 : 23rd January 2016 at 18:37.
Old 23rd January 2016, 23:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

I guess this time the format had to be adjusted for some external reasons and the Round Table India team probably wasn't ready fully to tackle the new challenges this change would throw up.

Give them time, I would say.
Old 24th January 2016, 19:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Monday to Sunday, I am not a morning person, I do not like getting up early in the morning no matter what! But today i can easily say i had a great time! Thanks to all the bhpians who came and a special thanks to GTO for sharing the details for this amazing event.

The Event was,

1. Epic
2. Hilarious
3. Emotional
4. Fun

Are the few ways i can describe the event, Meeting fellow bhpians was a huge added bonus. From driving at 17kph or 26kph, To going round and round in the same place, To the cops and building watchmen's trying to show the correct direction, It was seriously Epic.

Have a Look at this picture,
Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-screen-shot-20160124-7.50.51-pm.png

I never thought i would engage the cruise control at this speed, (We were following the exact details given to the navigator).

Also, Have to mention how amazing my Navigator was, A lovely person i am glad i met, She was really intelligent and was better at doing math calculations than me

It was great meeting all the bhpians, Thank you all for making the time even better! Also fellas who had clicked pictures please do upload at your convenience.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 10:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
It was great meeting all the bhpians, Thank you all for making the time even better! Also fellas who had clicked pictures please do upload at your convenience.
It really was great to meet fellow Team BHP-ians, thanks GTO for spreading the word and bringing us together for a good cause. And now, waiting for the pics...
Hawkeye269 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 15:24   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Was fantastic meeting with the team. Surprisingly, everyone made it on time at Worli Seaface. I thought, being Sunday morning and all, some dudes will surely be late . There wasn't a moment to relax since we started and it was a fun drive through Mumbai. Just wish they'd included more open roads to stretch our legs (rather, those of our cars!). New friends made, lots of interesting conversations & 22 lakh rupees raised for charity...all in all, a Sunday morning well spent.

BHPian Mukund finished 3rd in his maiden outing . Talk about perfect & precise driving. Congratulations!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 18:36   #54
BHPian

Fantastic meeting all of you'll. Crazy route and an enjoyable drive. Waiting for the photos !

Messed up pretty bad right at the beginning where I missed the turn to RTO, took a U-turn from Race Course and have been off-ODO since then. Then again got lost after the 1st TC, went back to Phoenix and restarted from there...

And congratulations once again Mukund ! We know whom to call next year if we're lost !

And cheers to Almeida CL Bar
yatrik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 18:44   #55
BHPian

Awesome experience, great fun and good to hang out with BHPians. I thought the organisers got their act together on the day of the event, after all the chaos in registration and navigator allocation. All's well that ends well.

My navigator was very good; he was participating in the event for the 4th time. He came with his 2 sons, who were also quite excited. All of them were smart, educated, soft spoken and never once complained. Was amazing to see them getting along with life so happily despite their obvious handicap.

3rd place was an unexpected bonus, but the real satisfaction was the feeling of helping out for a great cause and bringing some joy into the lives of the blind men and their families.

Will be back next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I never thought i would engage the cruise control at this speed, (We were following the exact details given to the navigator).
Curious to know on what stretch you even managed to engage cruise control. Can't remember any reasonable stretch where we were on a straight road without signals. You must have tried really hard to match the speed specifications on the braille chart. Lol

Thanks also to rohansachar for supplying the Fevicol. Managed to wash the Fevicol off the car in a few min after going home.
reverse_gear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 18:56   #56
bhp
BHPian

The blind man rally has always excited me, ever since i knew about it and this was the 3rd year i participated and stood a respectable 13th out of almost 100 cars in the 10th edition of the rally.

A well spend sunday morning for a noble cause.

Here are some pictures of all bhpian participants along with their ride.

Picture courtesy :- harishv
Attached Thumbnails
Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-9.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-10.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-11.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-8.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-7.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-6.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-5.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-4.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-3.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-2.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed-1.jpg  

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-unnamed.jpg  

bhp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 19:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please don't remind me about that, We were asking people about Almeida bar and we were getting strange reactions, As if "This guy wants to get drunk in the day or what" ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Curious to know on what stretch you even managed to engage cruise control. Can't remember any reasonable stretch where we were on a straight road without signals. You must have tried really hard to match the speed specifications on the braille chart. Lol
After taking right from Mahalaxmi And then again right towards Phoenix mills route, It was all empty!! And it was next to impossible to maintain the speeds that were mentioned.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 21:12   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha. Almeida CL Bar, Ajay Villa, Sadanand Cold Drink,...some of the landmarks were collectors items.

The funniest moment I had was at Century Bazar signal going towards Siddhivinayak. While I am waiting at the red light, I see one rally car going towards Worli village, a second car coming in the opposite direction on the one-way stretch and a third one parked outside century bazar wondering what to do next.
All possible directions covered!
reverse_gear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 23:10   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a fun outing. Please keep the reports, fun narration and pics coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
...Picture courtesy :- harishv
It would be lovely to have the names / handles for the faces! I could manage to recognize just GTO & Aditya I guess!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th January 2016 at 23:12.
Old 26th January 2016, 07:48   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
Here are some pictures of all bhpian participants along with their ride.

Picture courtesy :- harishv
Thanks, harishv and bhp!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It would be lovely to have the names / handles for the faces!
Great idea, swiftnfurious, this is me:

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January-image.jpeg
Hawkeye269 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks