Team-BHP - Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2016 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai) on 24th January (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/172286-charitable-sunday-drive-2016-blind-man-car-rally-mumbai-24th-january.html)

Team,

It's time to revv up our engines for a cause, and have a lot of fun while at it!

In a nutshell, you:

- Start from NSCI (Worli) and drive through empty Mumbai roads on a Sunday morning
- A visually impaired navigator will read out the route map to you
- Maintain the correct route, and pass through designated check points
- Reach NSCI for the award ceremony and lunch

To view FlyingSpur's awesome report + pictures on the earlier editions, click here and here.

How to register?

I'm sending in my forms right now. Believe the deadline is in a week, so please send in your registration ASAP.

2 forms attached to this post. Fill them up and email to vishal_crg@yahoo.co.in, with a scan of your driver's license and photograph.

Cost of participation is Rs. 2,500. You can transfer it to:

Bombay Round Table No. 2 Charitable Trust
HDFC Bank
A/c no. 00791000063227
IFSC Code: HDFC0000079

Related Link: About Round Table India

I am going out of town tomorrow, Should be back on saturday and can mostly join for this lovely cause on sunday! Will register as soon as possible, Would love to be a part of it really!

Can I be a part of the rally but not the lunch and award ceremony?
I am usually out driving on the empty streets of Mumbai on Sunday mornings and would love to tag along for the drive.
I guess I should not miss this opportunity to meet my fellow BHPians of Mumbai.

Do let me know.
Luv.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 3890089)
Should be back on saturday and can mostly join for this lovely cause on sunday!

:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal (Post 3890129)
Can I be a part of the rally but not the lunch and award ceremony?

Absolutely yes! The drive & participation is the most important part.

A few questions, if I may -
  1. Is it just for the driver and navigator, or can we bring some friends/family along?
  2. In the indemnity form, it states that normal car insurance isn't valid for this event. Do we need to purchase additional insurance? If so, is there some sort of group deal for this rally?
  3. Is this event open for corporates (i.e. can a company fund a few cars with it's employees in it?)

Apologies if these questions aren't appropriate for this thread.

Sadly, I am out of town for the weekend.
In case if there is a last minute cancellation, I will join the rally.

Its unfortunate, but on 23rd and 24th Jan'16 I would be out of town. Commitment made to a school family-friend who is visiting India after 6 years. But I would be eagerly waiting for the next one.

Can we get friends along ? I don't mind following a bhp'ians car as I am sure Ill be lost in no time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponkermania (Post 3890228)
A few questions, if I may -
  1. Is it just for the driver and navigator, or can we bring some friends/family along?
  2. In the indemnity form, it states that normal car insurance isn't valid for this event. Do we need to purchase additional insurance? If so, is there some sort of group deal for this rally?
  3. Is this event open for corporates (i.e. can a company fund a few cars with it's employees in it?)

Apologies if these questions aren't appropriate for this thread.

You may bring along your family or friends, but they will have to occupy the rear seats.
The insurance part is something new this year, it seems. Till last year I don't think this was mentioned. Normally the regular car insurance does not cover such events, so if the organizers can get some kind of a group insurance policy for this event, it would be just great. However, please check with the organizers for more details on the same.
If you want to just get the entry fee funded by your company, there should be no worries, but the participants would still be treated as individual participants. There is no 'team' here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by san_udyawar (Post 3890254)
Can we get friends along ? I don't mind following a bhp'ians car as I am sure Ill be lost in no time.

You can get friends along. Mind you, if you haven't attended it before, it's worth getting lost :D

I don't think I shall be able to make it this year. Too many pressures... :(

Unlike the tradition so far, this year there will be no pairing on the previous day. Instead the drivers will be paired with navigators in advance and will be notified of their navigators' mobile numbers a couple of days before the rally. The rally will be held directly on Sunday, and the first couple of hours will be used for practising the route with the navigator, where the navigator will be provided a tulip in braille and the driver will get the same tulip in English. The actual rally will be flagged off at 9am. (Got this info from the WhatsApp group for the rally)

This year they are also breaking away from the tradition of holding the rally on the first Sunday of February.

Thanks for the initiative and a chance to drive GTO. I will surely participate in the event and will submit the forms on this Friday

Hope that's fine. Looking forward to the cause as well as meet fellow bhpians.

Cheers

Dear GTO,

This is very interesting! I am tempted. Unfortunately, this is my weekend for going to Pune to be with my family!

Next time..

Girish Mahajan

Would love to participate! Unfortunately will not be in town as it's a long weekend and have a trip planned with family. Will definitely join if there's a change in plan. Else, next year :)

Cool. Do we have to register in advance only or can we register on the day of the rally also?

There's a payment option for cash. How do I pay cash? Is the payment done on the last day?

Quote:

Originally Posted by san_udyawar (Post 3890254)
I don't mind following a bhp'ians car as I am sure Ill be lost in no time.

A lot of cars follow each other through the drive. God help you if the lead car makes a wrong turn :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 3890399)
The insurance part is something new this year, it seems. Till last year I don't think this was mentioned.

Have asked Vishal for more clarity on the insurance part.

Quote:

This year they are also breaking away from the tradition of holding the rally on the first Sunday of February.
Hope they return to February next year. Worked better for all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsrahul (Post 3890452)
Thanks for the initiative and a chance to drive GTO. I will surely participate in the event and will submit the forms on this Friday

:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Q (Post 3890519)
Cool. Do we have to register in advance only or can we register on the day of the rally also?

You have to register in advance. Closing date for entries is the 21st.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Q (Post 3890525)
There's a payment option for cash. How do I pay cash?

I think you have to send the cash to Vishal Mirpuri's shop (address is provided on the form).

Registered ! Had participated last 2 years as well, its super fun !

How many tbhpians already registered ?