Team-BHP - proposed salon car racing series
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   proposed salon car racing series (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/17476-proposed-salon-car-racing-series.html)

Hi All,

There are some plans being drawn up for starting a new saloon car racing series. this will be mostly unrestricted - as in you can do whatever you want to engines, suspension, brakes, tyres....etc.

This idea is still in its infancy. So would like to know what you guys thnk about it. And if anybody here will be looking at racing in this series.

It will most likely be 1300cc saloon cars (swift, getz, ikon, etc..) all makes in one race. weight will be prescribed. have to stick to normally aspirated. cannot up the engine cc. tyre size will be prescribed.

any of u guys have other ideas for this series? or maybe a totally new idea for another series?

SG

This sure sounds great Sg. By unrestricted would forced induction be permitted though. A determining factor very often would be the costs, atleast a major factor in my case. What guidelines are you'll at now?

manson.

A good idea to replace the Esteem cup, but the problem is that within 1 season everyone will figure out which is the best car that fits the rulebook (lets say Swift) and soon everybody will migrate to that car and it will end up being a one make (read boring) series.

How about we limit the modifications and instead have fun racing?

Sounds fun - what would be the minimum safety mods required?

Plans are already on to launch a upto 1600cc salon class. Regulations have almost been finalised and will be published within a week or two. Should provide some great racing action along with drivers from other asian countries as well.

Nice.
Finally i get to compete with my pushrod 1.3!!

well - nothing is finalised yet. but this is what we've got until now:

1. normally aspirated only - no forced induction (at least for the first year). maybe we can open that up from year 2 or 3. depends on competitor input.
2. upto 1300cc only.
3. minimum weight - 750kg including driver.
4. all modifications open (standalone engine management is being debated)
5. tyre size will be fixed - most probably 215/50/15. may be changed - depends on manufacturer input.

Safety requirements will be atleast - roll cage, racing seat, harness and fire extinguisher.

SG

I would suggest including 1600s in the same category, albeit with a weight penalty. Eg, upto 1400: min weight 750 kgs, 1400-1600 min weight 900 kgs. Something like that.

15" rims will be provided by the organisers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BikerSG
well - nothing is finalised yet. but this is what we've got until now:

1. normally aspirated only - no forced induction (at least for the first year). maybe we can open that up from year 2 or 3. depends on competitor input.
2. upto 1300cc only.
3. minimum weight - 750kg including driver.
4. all modifications open (standalone engine management is being debated)
5. tyre size will be fixed - most probably 215/50/15. may be changed - depends on manufacturer input.

Safety requirements will be atleast - roll cage, racing seat, harness and fire extinguisher.

SG

Love the specs except for point 5 leave that open to the compititors (dia and profile) except that they cannot use slicks / custom track tyres and will have to use only street legal tyres with no changes.

Also add another point: Only company provided suspensions to be used(more for the driver skill and driver strategy). Allow bolt on rollcages and you missed a master cutoff. Open the ECU restrictions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BikerSG
2. upto 1300cc only.

this rule will diminish all the good points of starting with the open series, as the obvious choice would be an esteem. How about have two classes, upto 1300 cc, and another could be 1300-1800 cc, favouring the use of corollas, cedias, 1.8 optras etc. alongwith the usual balenos, 1.5/vtec ohcs, but then there would be a much more powerful RS to reckon with too.
Btw, when would this series start?

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson
1300-1800 cc, favouring the use of corollas, cedias, 1.8 optras

Erm, Manson, isn't the Cedia a 2.0?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
Erm, Manson, isn't the Cedia a 2.0?

i always thought it was a 1.8. so now we can have a 1799 to 2000 cc class too. that could be full of corollas, skodas, cedias, optras etc

manson.

So manson, what would you enter with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
So manson, what would you enter with?

Good question. If i do, the ohc obviously.

manson.