Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 17:35   #1
BHPian

Now THIS is the type of driving school we need in India!

I came across this article today. A crash course on how NOT to crash in the event of crazy road related senarios.

I think India would really do good with one of these schools here, keeping in mind the perils we face everyday, be it the moon-style craters (commonly know as potholes) that pop-up from nowhere and in all the wrong places, to the all too famous insane cab drivers.

They might cost a bomb to enroll into if introduced in India, but hey, when it comes to your car and your life, there is no price too high right?!

Of course, the training needs to be tweaked to be suitable for our Indian conditions.

Here's the linky:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/liv.../crash_course/

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 25th September 2006, 17:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Before we can do this we need to first teach people in India what traffic signals mean as signal jumping seems to be the latest fad...sic
Old 26th September 2006, 11:46   #3
BHPian

Neat article...
The point about looking as far ahead as possible is the best driving lesson anyone can learn. My dad taught me this when I learnt to use a bicycle. He told me to just look ahead of the vehicle in front of me so that it can give me enough time to react if something is coming up... and believe me it helps a great deal!
Even in a country like India where traffic rules and road sense are non-existent, the above rule can bail you out of most situations which can be quite dangerous otherwise!

Most Viewed