Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 09:51   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!

Team,

It's time to revv up our engines for a cause, and have a lot of fun while at it!

In a nutshell, you:

- Start from NSCI (Worli) and drive through empty Mumbai roads on a Sunday morning
- A visually impaired navigator will read out the route map to you
- Maintain the correct route, and pass through designated check points
- Reach NSCI for the award ceremony and lunch

To view FlyingSpur's awesome report + pictures on the earlier editions, click here and here. Pics from last year are at this link.

How to register?

It's simpler this year - BookMyShow Link. In the licence field, enter the last 7 characters of your DL. Keep the navigator's field blank.

Registration per car is Rs. 2,500/- (exempted under Income Tax 80G). Round Table India is a “Zero Overhead Organisation” i.e. all the money that is received as donation is used toward the projects. No donation money is used for administrative or any other expenses. The long term project of RTI is “Freedom through Education” wherein they build schools for underprivileged children. Till now, RTI has built approximately 2172 schools & 5377 classrooms, benefiting more than 6 million children.

How will your participation help? Projects.pdf

More information - BMR 2017.pdf

Drivers: Please add your names & continue the list. Let's gather at Worli Seaface (outside Mafco) at 0730 hours and drive together to NSCI.

1. GTO

Last edited by GTO : 25th January 2017 at 09:55.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 15:17   #2
bhp
BHPian

re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!

Already registered with them last week. Looking forward to this fantastic event.

1. GTO
2. BHP
bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 13:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!

Feels sad to say this, But i won't be in town on 12-13-14th Feb, I was really looking forward for this and unfortunately it comes on a date which i can't postpone, People who haven't been to this event yet, Trust me its an experience to be felt, My last years navigator was amazing to say the least, I learnt a lot from her, Along with this experience you get to meet our fellow Bhpian's too and in the end its all for an amazing cause too! Its worth getting up early for an event like this, I had immense fun in finding checkpoints and roads, Never my Navigator got lost but i did

Ill miss the fun, Ill miss meeting fellow bhpian's this time around, People who haven't been to this event yet, Go for it!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 00:51   #4
BHPian

Sent my forms across to Vishal's office a week back..

1. GTO
2. BHP
3. Yatrik
yatrik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 11:22   #5

Ouch GTO. Really happy to get the invite, but have already made plans with family to go out of town. Should there be a be any change in my itinerary, will be there. Else, am sure will read all about in one of your fantastic 5 star reports.

Have fun & be safe. Cheers
Horn-OK-Pls is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 12:32   #6
BHPian

Have registered. Am looking forward to it.

1. GTO
2. BHP
3. Yatrik
4. reverse_gear
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 14:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Team,

How to register?

It's simpler this year - BookMyShow Link. In the licence field, enter the last 7 characters of your DL. Keep the navigator's field blank.

I registered through this link but it didn't ask for license details. Now I am confused whether I registered as driver or bought ticket as spectator?
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 15:15   #8

Thanks GTO for posting this. Normal Sunday activities include trying to wake up by noon, thinking of what to eat, getting tired from the stress of deciding what to eat and falling asleep again. This rally should be a great way to break that pattern and be a change to meet some fellow enthusiasts. Cheers.
Chevy_Noir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 18:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
I registered through this link but it didn't ask for license details. Now I am confused whether I registered as driver or bought ticket as spectator?
There's no spectator tickets, so should be registered as a driver only.
yatrik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 18:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
They tend to be a little disorganised. I would not be surprised if you are contacted shortly to fill up the registration form. I have attached the form for those who want to contact the organisers directly and send over the form. The contact numbers of Lokanathan and Vishal who are coordinating are in the form.
Attached Files
File Type: doc BMR - Registration Form 12 Feb 2017.doc (326.5 KB, 404 views)
reverse_gear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 01:00   #11
BHPian

Sequence of events:
  1. Saw GTO's PM
  2. Super excited to read about this awesome event and meet fellow BHPians for the first time
  3. Instantly decided to participate
  4. Read the date
  5. Facepalm moment
Unfortunately, I would be out of town from 12th early morning to 15th but looking forward to an awesome report of the event. All the best guys.

Safe revvin'!
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 02:11   #12
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Registered quite a while back. See you all there.

1. GTO
2. BHP
3. Yatrik
4. reverse_gear
5. ACM
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 09:40   #13
BHPian

Ouch! This is the second weekend of Feb - so I am not available.
I have a medical checkup scheduled too. So... sad to miss this. Maybe next time.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 14:15   #14
BHPian

Open roads to drive in Mumbai. What a dream! Would have loved to take my new Rapid out for this one, but sadly I'm out of town :(
zebanaff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 15:47   #15
SRM
BHPian

Interesting event, but unfortunately will not be able to attend this time. Look forward to being a part of this next time for sure!
SRM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks