Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2006, 12:20   #1
BHPian

Motor sports in kerala

I always think about this..Why motor sports in kerala is very less compared to other states?We have lot of motor sports enthusiasts in kerala especially in Kochi,Trichur and Palakkad.In Kochi they have Motor sports Association of kerala(MAK).They conducted Monsoon rally 06 on 30th june 2006 to 2nd july 2006.I think that was the only event done here in kerala.We had Popular rally.These days there is no more Popular rally.Why it is happening here in Kerala?Is it because MAK is not interested in rally's or races in kerala or problems getting sponsers?
Old 25th November 2006, 17:32   #2
BANNED

Nice thinking Jerish!

There was a time in Kerala when every person who had a 4 wheeler under him used to think about rallying. And Popular rally almost enabled everybody to do that too.

Now, the scene is very much different. MAK is working a bit different from how it used to before. Popular Rally is gone.

But we, who are called motoring enthusiasts are guilty for the situation. Whenever there is a motoring event, we don't even care to cut short some of our work nor we don't even care to spread the word around.

The end result is what we see now.
Old 25th November 2006, 17:46   #3
BHPian

You are right Zak,even entering into bike rally also it was too expensive.And like you said we don't even care to cut short some of our work or dont spread the word around.I hope MAK will work for it.
Old 15th December 2006, 23:28   #4

hey jerish,gud 2 people interested in motorsports dude......me from mumbai(basically from kerala).....the prime cause of lack of sportin activities is the sponsors,its a damn tough job for the organisers to search for sponsors......
here in bombay we guyz too r eagerly waitin for an event,last event was in march.....
an experiance i wanted to share is,guyz out here who regularly practise dirt trackin had organised an event themselves and it was grt fun too.......u too must search for similar likes and practise n if poss organised small events.......
R u guyz familiar wit ne racers from kerala?
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

the rally scene in Kerala is not much organized,when compared to the older times(popular rally..where all the enthusiasts can have a try)

About bike rallies it was all about local bike rallies which the local clubs used to organize,till one year back there were at least one rally in every month either in trichur or in ernakulam,but even its getting expensive.The main veteran (c. d. Jinan)in kerala bike rally scene is not in the country now,even though he managed to establish a rally school for the beginners in Trichur ,it never found its path...i think

The car rally scene is different it happens once in a blue moon....in Kerala, that to when the clubs like MAK or TMSC dares to conduct one.

Fella i have got some snaps of 4 wheeler rallies which TMSC (thrissur motor sports club) had conducted in the last year, i will be posting it soon.

i really appreciate your motive to start this thread, so all motor sports enthusiasts from Kerala lets join our hands

rock on.....
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:00   #6
BHPian

guys count me in the list of motorsports enthusiasts....
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:11   #7
BHPian

Good thread Jerish. Popular Rally is still a Nostalgia.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys our karting guy-Ajay and his team is thinking of some event next month.And more over we are having the JK karting competition leg at kochi.Why not gear up for them?
ram
Old 24th May 2008, 22:52   #9
BHPian

somebody start some epics of the kerala dirt races tht we had some time back ot is it still conducted??
I have tons of the same but all back in India, maybe i shall contribute once i am back home next week.
Three popular cars that we had in out time was:
1 winning car, the KA regd black esteem
2. the green baleno
3 KA regd white esteem.
4. silver OHC VTEC

almost all cars listed above are sold now, except for the baleno.

Last edited by CaliforniaKnight : 24th May 2008 at 22:54.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

the green baleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
somebody start some epics of the kerala dirt races tht we had some time back ot is it still conducted??
I have tons of the same but all back in India, maybe i shall contribute once i am back home next week.
Three popular cars that we had in out time was:
1 winning car, the KA regd black esteem
2. the green baleno
3 KA regd white esteem.
4. silver OHC VTEC

almost all cars listed above are sold now, except for the baleno.

the green baleno with white stickers(Pondicheri registration)is of a young racer from trichur

there is also an old racer from trichur who won third place in raid the himalaya,currently he is with chettinad sporting.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

that will be a gtear idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Hey guys our karting guy-Ajay and his team is thinking of some event next month.And more over we are having the JK karting competition leg at kochi.Why not gear up for them?
ram
that will be a gtear idea, what would you say ram...eh?
Old 25th May 2008, 00:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
the green baleno with white stickers(Pondicheri registration)is of a young racer from trichur

there is also an old racer from trichur who won third place in raid the himalaya,currently he is with chettinad sporting.
the silver OHC VTEC i mentioned is also his
the black esteem or rather the winning car was his cousins which has been sold now.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:21   #13
BHPian

[quote=there is also an old racer from trichur who won third place in raid the himalaya,currently he is with chettinad sporting.[/QUOTE]

he has totalled an esteem once and his race car was used by friend for a brief period in trichur in unity road.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

josef...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
the silver OHC VTEC i mentioned is also his
the black esteem or rather the winning car was his cousins which has been sold now.
josef u mean...or his brother

but nowa days he is not that much active..i think
any way the whole family including the younger nonny are the real rokin rally brothers
Old 25th May 2008, 01:22   #15
BHPian

Considering the backwaters, kerala can host a lot of motored water spot events. We have such a great places like Astamudi Back waters where in can host world class watersport events... If we commercialize it properly it can be bigger than IPL matches. What u guys say ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks