Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 14:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
This race has happened for the last two years - contact Pete (Turboindia on teh forum) for more details as he is involved in organizing the event.

The airport is not shut down as the race is NOT inside the airport. The race happens in the parking lot of the airport (before you laugh there's about 7 km of parking space tarmac at the airport in total, with some sharp corners, fast curves and great straights).

Its good fun!

I was wondering about that... Do u gotta race with a 747 landing or taking off too...????
Old 22nd December 2006, 18:07   #17
BHPian

guys who all are going to participate .I think all are busy preparing their cars.
Old 9th January 2007, 16:47   #18
BANNED

Guys!! The race will be flagged off within a few days!
The MAK is being a bit different on rules this time.

For starters, the participation is counted according to the drivers and not cars. Different drivers can drive a single car.
And there seems to be 3 different classes.
1. Novice, That's completely stock.
2. Street prepaired, That's with slight modifications.
3. Expert, That's fully blown.

Drivers, if any driver has participated in any of the MAI race before, He will go into expert category.

Rest of the details will be posted soon.
Old 9th January 2007, 17:42   #19
BHPian

Guys, more information and entry for @ Maruti Suzuki Cochin Autocross
Old 12th January 2007, 07:30   #20
BANNED

Today is 12th. Registrations for the participation will be closed by 5pm.
One can still register later, will have to pay the late fee though.

Tomorrow the cars will be taken for Scrutiny.

I had a glance at the track yesterday, it looks fabulous. Just great for racing.

All the Mallus! if you have a car, come with it and join the race. It'll be too dumb to miss something like this happening in your own backyard.
Old 12th January 2007, 07:57   #21
BHPian

What Zak says is right..come and join the race.
Old 14th January 2007, 01:20   #22
BHPian

any updates on the race guys!! did the white mondeo, the green zenD and the Black baleno participate??
Old 14th January 2007, 17:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
any updates on the race guys!! did the white mondeo, the green zenD and the Black baleno participate??
Zen D, Yes ! and what a smooth perfomance . The guy drove devoid of any drama in a Zen Diesel to 1.52 min . Indeed an awesome perfomance . Pics are going to pour i very soon . And our own Zakkie made us proud by driving in his Alto .

stay tuned ..more to come soon
Old 14th January 2007, 18:58   #24
BANNED

hey the race was coool ...saw zaks car and many other modded cars..i never thought in kerala ther had been lots of modded cars...the whole bunch of cars looked realy cool.... and ther was also our team bhp banner ...i think a doctor (i donno his exact name) won the race..he infact is a rally car driver.....
Old 14th January 2007, 18:58   #25
BANNED

and once i am proud of being a zen owner..he he ..there were a lot of zens
Old 14th January 2007, 21:11   #26
BHPian

Ooh man! i missed it. Do you guys have any snaps or videos?
Old 14th January 2007, 22:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
hey the race was coool ...saw zaks car and many other modded cars..i never thought in kerala ther had been lots of modded cars...the whole bunch of cars looked realy cool.... and ther was also our team bhp banner ...i think a doctor (i donno his exact name) won the race..he infact is a rally car driver.....

DR??? dr.pullockaran???? or wildcard???
are zakko anna please put up photos.....
Old 14th January 2007, 23:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
Dr.Bikku Babu , right ?...by the way our own Zakkie came second in his class - Modified Group A Class . So I would like to personally Jump up and down saying " Hip Hp Hurray " three times .
Old 15th January 2007, 00:23   #29
BHPian

Oh he participated in the zed D is it!! ah yes the race winning esteem is sold!
Old 15th January 2007, 00:55   #30
BANNED

Guys! What a day it was!! Spectacular, action filled, thrilling, exciting, hmmm.. I'm lost with words! Yes, very little but glamorous too.

The race track was curvy, lengthy & very confusing. We had a lot of DNFs due to this. But this turned out to be very eyecandy too. Cars taking corners like there's no tomorrow. Rubber burnt more than the fuel, plenty of screeches, spins, scandinavian flicks, handbrake turns, locked wheels, knocked cans & cones, smoke in various colors, to keep it short, it was motoring Nirvana to the core.
There were veterans, doctors, engineers, students, rally drivers, housewives, and even an ex worldbank director amongst the participants.
There wasn't any trouble big enough to be noticeable through out the event. Yes, some rough noises from the organisers to stop the non-participants from showing off outside the track and practise areas.

There were about 3classes of cars and 3groups.
3 classes; Stock, Street prepared & Open.
3 groups; small cars (1000cc), mid (1300cc) & open.
Then, there was different class for women & seniors. And also some other categories.
Same car could be used by different drivers. This was a real boon for some that we could share a nice vehicle amongst some nice drivers. But there was a maximum driver limit of 4 per car.

Gaurav Gill, Hari Singh and some more celebrities were present too.

V1p3r, Artofzen, Jerish666, Nikkibike, MaxBhp, AHA, Nevertouchme, Kphillip etc... were present at the venue. Turboindia and Streetcrazy were amongst the officials. Abu was amongst the marshals.
Some other Team-Bhpians were around too, but decided to stay away from us!

Well.... V1p3r, Jerish666 and myself participated in Group1-SP (street prepared) with a very puny, small 796cc engined Alto. We expected no wins for sure. The car has some street Mods and it was counted as a street prepared car. There were some very fancily modded Zens (swoopy skirts, ear piecing exhausts etc..) in our category.
I went with the car first. It was good. Not much of the brakes were needed due to Mr. C3PO's tire pressure adjustments. I got enough oversteer in tight corners and the rear used to slide perfectly in. But I got confused in the track and took a turn at the wrong place and WOAH, D N F ! !
Same thing happened with Jerish too and another DNF!!
Then V1P3R came out and finished with 2mins10sec on clock. That was the first finish from a Team-Bhpian. He was also announced at the venue as THE WIPER??? of Team-BHP. (the announcer was bad in pronouncing V).

Report to be continued with pics tomorrow.

One of the Bhpians won the 2nd place and another one took 3rd. Who it was? Wait for the pics!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks