Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2006, 21:25   #16
BHPian

Khaadu, I'm just a lil worried that I found the 64bhp esteem to be hairy enough so how will my poor baleno survive ? I'm going to have to be really hard on the brakes.

Can't use stock tyres as they're 14 inchers and I don't want to use my alloys - Will go down to BK Tyres (Lajpat) and pick up some second hand 185/60's for the 13" stock rims (I think I still have them stored somewhere in trhe house).

btw - should I buy some of those Ultima XR's ? how much of a dent in my wallet will they do ?

cheers

zaphod
Old 15th December 2006, 03:12   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

wow all you guys are really planning some heavy s**t to participate in the autocross.all i did the last time was land up with my car running on 13" alloys(am glad they didnt crack) and not to forget ganja tyres. which i borrowed from a friend.......woohoo was that a fun ride....

P.S.:all those who are participating ,do not forget to take your helmets along with you.
Old 15th December 2006, 11:06   #18
BANNED

[quote=hellspawn;338469]wow all you guys are really planning some heavy s**t to participate in the autocross.all i did the last time was land up with my car running on 13" alloys(am glad they didnt crack) and not to forget ganja tyres. which i borrowed from a friend.......woohoo was that a fun ride....
QUOTE]

Hey, Thats what I did last time as well .... got till the semi finals in both attempts but then lost out so this time hoping to get tyres so maybe I can try for the finals .... if not then Ill just go and have some fun on my stock tyres ....

Cheers
Old 15th December 2006, 16:17   #19

man didnt even qualify the last time....was so scared of wrecking my car because saw two esteems fall of the overhead bridge and land nose first.
the best i can do is get aZa and bring some pom poms and cheer khaadu
Old 15th December 2006, 18:33   #20
BANNED

Hey, NO CHEERLEADERS -- U mean Ill have to bring my own ??? Cumopn guys , im sure you can do better than that !!

Cheers
Old 16th December 2006, 00:38   #21

cmon you cant get better than aZa.all that meat!!!!
Old 16th December 2006, 10:14   #22
aZa
Senior - BHPian

OK now the convo is getting R-Rated !!!! lol
Old 18th December 2006, 13:20   #23
BHPian

I guess this time too it's going to be a mud/dirt track. Why can't they organize a tarmac auto-cross like in most other countries? I am sure there is some parking lot or similar avenue in Delhi/NCR which can be ulitized for same.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 18th December 2006, 13:35   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
I guess this time too it's going to be a mud/dirt track. Why can't they organize a tarmac auto-cross like in most other countries? I am sure there is some parking lot or similar avenue in Delhi/NCR which can be ulitized for same.

Gears,
Red-One.
Hey, For one .. tarmac aint half as much fun as dirt !
Old 19th December 2006, 19:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
wow all you guys are really planning some heavy s**t to participate in the autocross.all i did the last time was land up with my car running on 13" alloys(am glad they didnt crack) and not to forget ganja tyres. which i borrowed from a friend.......woohoo was that a fun ride....
This will be my fourth outing - last three were in my 96 esteem running on stock rims and Michelin Certis 175/70R13's...

I was contemplating getting different tyres and putting them on my rims as I'm a little worried about the rims giving way....

Though now I guess I'll stick with the car as is - 14" Auras with 195/60 Michelin MXF Sports...I hope the alloys will be upto the etst (i do have the stock 13" rims stored away but will have to buy tyres if I want to use them)

Now if only I could find a flux capacitor - that should help me a lot !

RedOne - I've never done an autocross on tarmac but as Khaadu says, it'll be a whole lotta more fun on dirt - racing in a parking lot with traffic cones seems a bit artificial - but with nice dirt which turns into an unholy slippery slidey mush is an experience I can't forget - my best result has been qualifying 14th but the fun I had was unparalleled - let's see if I can do better this time - I''m just worried that I've never really pushed my baleno so I'm not so sure as to how fast or how slow to drive...btw - perhaps a better term for the dirt autocross will be rallycross. It's a bit like a special stage of a rally.

Anyway, I went and gave my entries in at Motorcraft - for the Baleno class as well as the open class - there were 3-4 people around at the same time - looks like as usual the esteem will be the most popular vehicle.

So who all has/will be taking part ?

And who's gonna be there watching me make a fool outta myself (hope not)
Old 19th December 2006, 20:21   #26
BANNED

Hey, Im gonna be there running in the zen and the open category --- Ill watch u make a fool of urself and u watch me make a fool of myself !!! Are you doing both the categories in the same car ....

Im also running on stock tyres on both the cars .... just hope they give me enough grip to get till the semis , though I know its gonna be pretty tough this time with some serious guys runnig ... But what the heck , Im just gonna have some fun throwing the cars around and kicking up some dust ..

See you there .. btw have you gotten a competition number yet or not ???

Cheers
Old 19th December 2006, 21:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
See you there .. btw have you gotten a competition number yet or not ???
Well, will be there early morning to just have a look around and meet up with you guys - best of luck mate ! - ..... I haven't gotten a number yet - will be going tomorrow at 10 for the scrutiny. I once had number 69 which made my day and number 42 as the entrant number.... couldn't be happier.....

Yeah, doing both categories in the same car - The ol esteem's a bit underpowered - I managed to qualify once byt coming 18th and 17th the next two times just made me mad The carb ones don't have a hope when the big guns start driving.

If you're interested , we could meet up on the 21st and go have a look at the track ? whaddya say ?

zaphod
Old 19th December 2006, 22:02   #28
BANNED

Hey, Even Ill be going in tomorrow morning ... but to register !! Also isnt teh scrutiny day after ... Last year I got No 69 on my zen , infact I saw it vacant so I grabbed it ... got knocked out ion the semis . The year before that I had No 56 and again got knocked out in the semis -- lets see where I finish this time !!!

Wanna meet up tomorrow ... Ill be there about 12.30 noon !!!

Cheers
Old 21st December 2006, 20:42   #29
BHPian

What time areyou guys gonna be there at the track ? My car number is 33 - Blue Baleno.

see you there

zaphod
Old 21st December 2006, 20:48   #30
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Seen a lot of Maruti's with AUTOCROSS stickers zipping around in noida today... GUYS please update with event timing and all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks