Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2007, 09:57   #1
BHPian

Any Dealers for Second hand Rally cars.

Hello ..
I was wondering what happens to the cras that are rallied by our indian National Championshiop drivers(Baleno's, Fiesta, and now Cedia, by JK Tyre and MRF)...Surely they are not scrapped. Does anyone know how a dealers or if they are auctioned or what happens to them....?
thanks
Old 11th January 2007, 15:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

A couple of them are for sale here Rally India :: View Forum - The Strut Bar
Old 11th January 2007, 16:07   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Also look in the back of Autocarindias. Off and on, you will see some on sale.
Old 11th January 2007, 19:20   #4
BHPian

hello - comment

hello Moderators & technical know how guys..........Pls suggest.........Is there any problem in buying the rally used vehicles,I mean to ask that these vehicles would burn ur pocket maintaining it or any big techincal problem or something like that.R they allowes to use on normal roads as engine are alterered,milegage,serviceing,suspensions etc

Pls comment on the same experts as I am planning to buy a rally vehicle 2 years old done 50000 kms.
Old 11th January 2007, 23:07   #5
BHPian

do you want to buy a rally vehicle and use it for the road?
Old 12th January 2007, 00:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello Moderators & technical know how guys..........Pls suggest.........Is there any problem in buying the rally used vehicles,I mean to ask that these vehicles would burn ur pocket maintaining it or any big techincal problem or something like that.R they allows to use on normal roads as engine are alterered,milegage,serviceing,suspensions etc

Pls comment on the same experts as I am planning to buy a rally vehicle 2 years old done 50000 kms.
i think it wont burn that much...get the entire car checked once before buying especially the engine and gear box ,suspension it depends on you u have to set it to tarmac conditions if you drive in city condition or you can also switch to normal shocks...yes you can drive the car as it is on normal roads...the car which you want to buy has it been used only for rallying for two years

Last edited by chetan : 12th January 2007 at 00:33.
Old 12th January 2007, 02:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

What exactly are you planning to do with the vehicle?
Rally it once in a while?

INRC cars are more or less stock and so running it on the road is not a problem, but keep in mind everything is going to be squeaking and rattling away.
Old 12th January 2007, 10:31   #8
BHPian

Hello- again

Thanx for the quick suggestions..........I dont want to use the vehicle for rally,I want to buy for just for weekend drives or some long drives once a month kind off.The vehicle has been used in two to three races in the rally and it is 2 years old.I would like to drive it on tarmac or sometimes off road which would be once in 6 months kind off.The vehicle is in complete rally fitouts & conditions.My main concern is that I am buying for my passion & to njoy on holidays but if the machine is given expenses agagin & again and keeping me involve into it then it is a big problem my friends.I hope you understand
Old 12th January 2007, 13:50   #9
BHPian

Hey NOOB,
good to see you join in the discussion, but for me I dont even want to ever take a Rally car which is full spec on the roads, forget the milage and comfort, its a Rally machine built for a purpose of Rallying and not anything else. (but nobody said you cant take a dozer for shopping!!)
Anyway this enquiry is for my second car as I already have a nice Rally Vehicle Skoda RS. but never going to take that out in the Himalayas!!
Anyway thanks for the response guy.
And does any one know a Black lancer with a GT spoiler and blue neon from Pune...just iquisitive...?
later...
Old 13th January 2007, 11:19   #10
BHPian

And does any one know a Black lancer with a GT spoiler and blue neon from Pune...just iquisitive...?
later...

i think you are talking about the evo7 which belonged to JD im not sure though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks