Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2007, 13:12   #61
Team-BHP Support

Seems like Mcl knows more than anyone else. Lol.

But seriously, Mclaren, i would suggest you not to add in bits and pieces that are not finalised yet, as this would only cause confusion.

Wait a few days for the regulations to be finalised, after which they will be posted here.
Old 4th May 2007, 14:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so when will the few days be? like it has been pointed out, there will be significant amount of work and rework required for a fully open class race!
Old 4th May 2007, 14:54   #63
Team-BHP Support

Basic regulations are already given on the first thread. They essentially stay the same. A few additional classes are left to be decided, with the appropriate regulations for them. We are trying to blend the rally N+ and drag race regulations together so as to allow drivers to use the same car in various events (if they want to) with minimal changes, consequently reducing costs considerably.
Old 4th May 2007, 15:28   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Seems like Mcl knows more than anyone else. Lol.
But seriously, Mclaren, i would suggest you not to add in bits and pieces that are not finalised yet, as this would only cause confusion.
Well maybe then you ought to keep filling us in on more details frequently to update our knowledge then .. Atleast the TUNERS who were invited for the meet seem to be telling this story .. And I have heard this news from 3 of those that attended the meet .. So may we know when the rules will be out so that we can stop all this speculation ??
Old 4th May 2007, 15:48   #65
Team-BHP Support

Dude, the regs are not going to be some secret! Once the organiser has finalised them, they will be published. Just adding bits and pieces here will not help anything except maybe misguide someone. For example, you say a forced induction class upto 1600cc. Now person X goes ahead and takes that as a class. Begins to order parts etc. Next thing he see's that this class did not make it to the final regulations. He is not going to be a happy guy now is he.

The Meeting was held to get people's opinion on things. this now has to be studied and passed through various people for approval, to check the feasablity etc. Its not as simple as you make it out to be! You may be able to post any rumour or discussion you might have overheard as you are not responsible for anything at the end of it. Some of us cannot be so free with what we post, as the consequences are higher for posting information that may lead to a situation mentioned above.
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:05   #66
Team-BHP Support

The time has come. Official announcement of the Series will be on Monday, along with the publication of the final regulations. There have been changes and additions in classes since I first posted. Stay tuned. This is gonna ROCK!!
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

This is gonna be really interesting. Am actually contemplating on buying an used esteem and transforming it to track spec's. I figure the car alone would cost around 1.5L and another 1L in modifications. Lets see how this goes.
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:40   #68
Team-BHP Support

There will be a Group N class for cars upto 1450cc, so go for it!
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

this is awesome, finally MAI has woken up from its long sleep.
As this would be a circuit race there will be more spectators and which might bring in some sponsors.
Old 24th June 2007, 16:20   #70
BANNED

Waiting with fingers crossed!
Old 24th June 2007, 19:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

guess its time my lancer gets an upgrade!!!
Old 24th June 2007, 22:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to what people come up with for the Indian open class. Someone said any car body mated to an Indian engine. Can Rtech or someone else clarify the definition of "any car body": is it any "production" body or is that open? If its the latter then I foresee the halcyon days of Indian track racing coming back just like it was in the early days: Formula Indians battling it out with the saloons.
Old 24th June 2007, 22:30   #73
BANNED

Ananth, I am sorry for that bit of info about the Indian Open. I was made to believe so but I could be wrong (though news was from a very trusted source, and no it wasn't psycho). However, let us wait till monday until which date final regs will be put up to end all speculation.
Old 25th June 2007, 09:41   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Looking forward to what people come up with for the Indian open class. Someone said any car body mated to an Indian engine. Can Rtech or someone else clarify the definition of "any car body": is it any "production" body or is that open? If its the latter then I foresee the halcyon days of Indian track racing coming back just like it was in the early days: Formula Indians battling it out with the saloons.

Production body. Nope, no single seaters battling it out with Saloons.

Bad news though. Press conference canceled due to certain people not being bale to make it into town because of the heavy rains lashing the western coast.

However, I will post up the classes sometime today.
Old 25th June 2007, 17:49   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
However, I will post up the classes sometime today.
day nearing an end, updates!!

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks