Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:53   #16
BHPian

I am interested need more details regarding this
Old 23rd January 2007, 12:19   #17
BHPian

hey

hey this is great news even i am very intersted in joining...can you give more details specifically the dates cuz i got my board exams till end of march...any time in april or may would be ideal!...thanks
Old 23rd January 2007, 12:30   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

15 days may be a bit too long (specially for people from outstation , college and office goers) .. A crash course like the ones at track day would be helpful initially (say over a weekend) .. Once people get the hang of it (on racing lines, way to treat ur car etc etc ) maybe the next choice could be to have an intensive training (to fine tune the skills) as mentioned by shan once the basics are instilled.. Looking at the turnout i guess we could have a track day really soon with good numbers .. Its been ages since we bangy boys have been planning on having a track day either at chennai or coimby .. Now how many takers ?? Also track days tend to work out cheaper and from past experience we have enough proffesionals to help us on the track atleast so be it in chennai .. Farhan , sawan where art thou ??

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 23rd January 2007 at 12:31.
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Is there any minimum qualification sort of thing is required or even a newbie to driving could even join?
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:35   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is there any minimum qualification sort of thing is required or even a newbie to driving could even join?
Are you referring to the racing course or the track day ?? Whichever way , anyone can take part in them as long as u have the moolah ..
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

If 15 days is too long for everyone, we could request him for a short 3-5 day course to begin with. But, i'm not sure if that'l work out at the Coimbatore track.

Even if it happens at Chennai, it shouldn't be a prob as that track is pretty technical as well.

Let us know about the track day, i'm sure many would be interested in getting a taste of driving on track, before they consider a racing course.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd January 2007, 15:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Interested ? Hell yes !

Very much interested but 15 days seems like an over kill to me , 2 to 3 days would be more ideal , I am all game for such an event , let me knwo of the rates and the venue when this materialises
Old 23rd January 2007, 16:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
racing course or the track day
Its on racing course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Whichever way , anyone can take part in them as long as u have the moolah ..
My questions:

Let us assume, I dont ever took my car even at reasonable speeds on corners.

What do the instructor do with such a attendant? Also the attendant will only realize at later part that he had taken more than he can actually chew. Also will it not be a waste of money as well as time from his part.
Old 23rd January 2007, 16:56   #24
BHPian

me interested. more details please. timings and price a great concern as I cant take leave from office.
Old 23rd January 2007, 17:12   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
What do the instructor do with such a attendant? Also the attendant will only realize at later part that he had taken more than he can actually chew. Also will it not be a waste of money as well as time from his part.

Well in that case I guess the 'attendant' should pack his bag, put his tail between his legs and go back home
Old 23rd January 2007, 18:42   #26
BHPian

I am interested .. but yes I'll echo everyone else's concerns: The dates/venue/the green.
Old 23rd January 2007, 19:06   #27

Not as simple as its said bhpians, racing aint no game.get some slow or low power kart experience before thinking of going for the 15 day training session from akbar. coz its on the rotax karts which can be very damaging if not in an experienced drivers hands.no offence to the people here but if u have no racing experience its like never ever karting ever and then going and enrolling yourself in skip barber racing school.
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:03   #28
BHPian

My friend, no one is a born expert.. and the guy who is gonna train I hope is sure aware of all those points..
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

You don't need prior experience (even though it would help a great deal).

The instructor will coach you based on your skill level. I wont be surprised if they don't let us touch the cars for the first day or so.

The idea is to understand the theory behind track racing and then do it practically.

If you're really interested, but feel a racing course might prove to be a bit too much, you can always attend a track day and see how you fare.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:48   #30
BANNED

Interested parties kindly check out this thread too for a coarse on a shorter duration .. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...track-day.html

Most Viewed