Team-BHP - Date of Bangalore Speed Run ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Date of Bangalore Speed Run ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/21241-date-bangalore-speed-run-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 376957)
p.s: This car would definitely get stripped under protest if it lands in blore coz 15.1secs out of a NA D15 block sounds unreal but I wouldnt say impossible for diplomacy sake!!!LOL!!!
No offence to whoever owns this car however I have SERIOUS doubts coz that timing is conspicuous even by international NA 1.5L SOHC vtec

Are you sure its a D15 block??Would be very controversial...ill ask someone to throw something on the track when he runs...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 376957)
15.1secs out of a NA D15 block sounds unreal but I wouldnt say impossible for diplomacy sake!!!LOL!!!
No offence to whoever owns this car however I have SERIOUS doubts coz that timing is conspicuous even by international NA 1.5L SOHC vtec
D-series timings:)

Hi Riteish,

Guess you have not heard of the 15.xxx second 1.0l prostock zen from mumbai then.

Viper

@Wolf: Did you guys have your cars ready for the Bangalore event already?... And how much time do you typically take to make the changes needed to run in the kind of categories you have been talking about.. I work on engines 6 times the size but probably 1/6th the rated speeds of the engines you guys have been discussing :( .. I will definitely take this offline with you as well

just found this. guess this is the reason bangalore speed run may not be....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...tml#post360548

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper (Post 376984)
Hi Riteish,

Guess you have not heard of the 15.xxx second 1.0l prostock zen from mumbai then.

Viper

I heard that yesterday... I have absolutely no comments Viper but one request, I want the scrutiny done...then may be few a spirits will be dampened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 377007)
I heard that yesterday... I have absolutely no comments Viper but one request, I want the scrutiny done...then may be few a spirits will be dampened.

Hi,

FYI the scrutiny was done as each and every tuner present there was shocked and complained.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Mayank (Post 376985)
@Wolf: Did you guys have your cars ready for the Bangalore event already?... And how much time do you typically take to make the changes needed to run in the kind of categories you have been talking about.. I work on engines 6 times the size but probably 1/6th the rated speeds of the engines you guys have been discussing :( .. I will definitely take this offline with you as well

No my car isnt ready yet but I would require under 1 week time to transform from street to strip spec...I like it simple, smart and effective;-)

Would be glad to have a chat with you offline sometime...6times the engine size, hmmm...you work on truck/bus engines or wat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper (Post 377010)
Hi,

FYI the scrutiny was done as each and every tuner present there was shocked and complained.

Viper

Im afraid I heard something else of this scrutiny part frm Psycho!!!

Were you there at the scrutiny??I wonder if any one of us was there during the scrutiny...

15sec NA run with a 1L IC engine either defys physics or the tuner is outsourced from NASA!!!LOL!!! Just kidding, no offence!!! Im just too surprised, period.

Woah, as if a 15.1 sec run on a Pro Stock Vtec wasn't bad enuf, we now have a 15.xx sec run from a Pro Stock Zen?

Lets take a Vtec for example. For a car to cover a 1/4 mile in 15.1 secs, he'd need to hit a trap speed (at the 400m mark) of around 150kmph (thats 0-150 in 15.1 secs).

A bone stock Vtec can do the 0-150 sprint in about 25 secs. Do you guys actually believe that a pro stock tuneup can shave 10 secs off a Vtec's 0-150 run?

When Autocar tested Poonawala's TC City a few years ago, it did the 0-150 run in 17 odd secs.

PS: If the dif on a Vtec is 10 secs, one can ony imagine what the diff would be between the 15 sec (pro stock) Zen and it's stock siblings.

Shan2nu

Nice reasoning Shan2nu...very rational and scientific!!!

I guess few tuners out there dont have an idea of whats a prostock class for example I was told that one of the mumbai esteem was running with a baleno bottom half in prostock class, hillariously this car didnt even win but I wonder if this is ignorance or malpractise!!! Ignorance is bliss but I doubt if it does in this case...

To top it all we have amazing scrutineers too...who wouldnt even bother to preserve the integrity of the sport until some participant bothers to put forward 10,000 bucks and calls for a protest!!!

Viper: Pls find out what happened to that scutiny you were speaking about... I just got to hear the real scrutiny story and it was worth a laugh!!!

sorry: for taking this thread off track, just couldnt help it!!!

Wolf , kindly do realise that a lot of money has gone into that VTEC .. Parts that people can only imagine off but cant think of putting .. The only thing missing on that car is a NOS kit or TC .. Im not saying its impossible with the indian motor but you are allowed to change the internals completely and there are no limits on it ... Run high compression , overbore upto 1650cc , high lift cams , chipped ECU the works on a NA engine .. That said , knowing the owner personally i wouldnt think he would get down to cheating this way .. His cars are QUICK but most of the time he makes up is on his LAUNCH .. Be it at the bangy speedrun with his esteem or at bombay with his VTEC .. Its still comes down to man and the machine ..

The car passed in scrutiny , infact at yet another bizzare incident the game overs zen that clocked 15.72 on a 1Ltr engine was put up for checks and the protest was filed by the big man at FRK itself and it passed the test in front of all other tuners .. Either that or our tuners cant recognize their faces from their a$$es ..

Also one should keep in mind that both the runs on the VTEC were done when the temperatures were the least and there was availability of dense and cold air .. If you notice the timings of the prostock 1650 class are all really good ..

Mclaren, ok do me a favor, just find out the basics of the limitations of our Indian D15c2 engine with respect to how big a piston can be accomodated, max compression, bestest launch without slicks, max cam profile etc first and then go to this forum called D-series.org and do some studies, you will know what I mean:)

We can also take this offline if you wish to fella...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 377171)
The car passed in scrutiny , infact at yet another bizzare incident the game overs zen that clocked 15.72 on a 1Ltr engine was put up for checks and the protest was filed by the big man at FRK itself and it passed the test in front of all other tuners .. Either that or our tuners cant recognize their faces from their a$$es ..

Just to clarify, I was there and there was no protest filed because the protest fee is somewhere in the range of 10k to 20k. However, a few basic checks are allowed without any fee and the Zen passed these. As much as everyone knew this timing is almost impossible to achieve with a pro-stock 1 litre Zen and wanted to protest, nobody was willing to pay the protest fee probably because it did not affect their standings in any way.

Hey Guys heard few people saying today that there might be a Bangalore Speedrun and it might be during march. Lets just hope the rumour is true. I might just take part for the heck of it though my car's just half ready even for the Pro Stock category.

Some rumours of November doing rounds too.