Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2007, 15:58   #46
Team-BHP Support

Only problem I felt in this event was lack of co-operation from the people in the general stands as well as the crowd outside. Heck even people in the VIP stand weren't well behaved. I did see some organizers making extra efforts to make people use the chairs but everyone had a spring up their backsides which made them jump out of their chairs everytime a race started. I can understand the excitement but then we need to realize that there were many others who were getting troubled and missed some action.

If you guys did care to see how people were getting roasted trackside for 2x13 hour sessions then you would have realized how much effort went into getting things in order.

We did try and make our own effort to make people in the VIP stands sit down and have fun but then there were some bovine animals who came moved out of their herds to watch their husbands, boyfriends, friends, etc. race and also ensured that others didn't get to catch a glimpse of the action.

In my opinion it would take some sense of understanding and co-operation from the 'junta' to ensure smooth transition of such events. Ofcourse I do not disagree that tickets should be charged at a premium for such events and some better infrastructure is provided for the charge taken. I wouldn't mind paying Rs. 500/- minimum for a combined 2 day event only if entries on invitation are limited to people who deserve to hold on to their seats during the event.
Old 20th February 2007, 16:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

All of the team bhpians--Please
Lets resolve--we will meet in december2007 and make out a detailed memorandam/suggestions, after full deliberations and submit to Autocar and MAI, to be incorporated for the next Speed Run 2008. we should also be prepared to support them in all respects then!!![that way the event will run better/smooth, and all of us will be in the pits-hehe]
make out a seperate list of points and keep till then!!
Old 20th February 2007, 16:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Lets resolve--we will meet in december2007 and make out a detailed memorandam/suggestions, after full deliberations and submit to Autocar and MAI, to be incorporated for the next Speed Run 2008. we should also be prepared to support them in all respects then!!![that way the event will run better/smooth, and all of us will be in the pits-hehe]
nice and wise suggestion scooby.
this will cool down the tempers as well as it will benefit everyone and the chances that those suggestions presented by us as forum will be more importance because, the organisers dont have enough time to forget about the memorandum.

all those people who have mailed or called bpcl or autocar now, the chances are more that their suggestions or feedback might be lost with the time after the things have cooled down.

my 2 cents.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 20th February 2007 at 17:01.
Old 20th February 2007, 17:55   #49
BHPian

this was the reason i was there only for 15minz trust me..!! i wanted to be there but how the hell do i watch the race? it was friggin packed...didnt made any sense..and those locals were bloody c***s man they were just pushing around and what not...!!

junta in india means the locals..!! and for them it was a circus on sunday as they dont get anything like this for free..!!

what i got to say is u cant deny the management was too bad..!! only 1 food stall ? you charge us we are ready to pay but what the heck ? u think we are nerds? i dont know there was a shortage of food or drinks and how it can be? i saw many people returning back home cause they didnt even get to see a glimpse...!!

i dont know how much autocar spends for the drags but eyeing to the prof and people who really come to watch drags is increasing and they should consider something about them rather than doing such a big event in such a disaster way..!!

MAI should take some inciative and come out with india's first drag strip...and yes u can charge the junta for entry too !!

Learn from this pic MAI and AUTOCAR just aim for this one day..!!

Old 20th February 2007, 17:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
all those people who have mailed or called bpcl or autocar now, the chances are more that their suggestions or feedback might be lost with the time after the things have cooled down.
What's wrong in passing the feedback to Autocar as long as you are giving a healthy feedback rather than wasting server space discussing on this forum for nothing. If you read my mail, it is in neutral tone.

When i sent my suggestions, i never expected anybody from Autocar to reply to me leave alone Hormazd. I picked a general mail id from www.autocarindia.com and mailed to it. Atleast now you know people at Autocar are thinking about the good and bad of the event.
Old 20th February 2007, 18:08   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Learn from this pic MAI and AUTOCAR just aim for this one day..!!
lol! indiandawg, do you really feel that nobody here knows what a proper drag strip looks like? If only it were so easy to take a pic off the web and make it into a reality.

We are all looking for the same thing here. It will happen, but it needs the support of some large companies OR the Govt. OR some wealthy individuals who love their cars to get together and make something happen. ***wink wink***
Old 20th February 2007, 18:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
What's wrong in passing the feedback to Autocar ......
nothing wrong satish,
I am sure that even autocar too might have felt bad about the event.

I said so, because this wasnt the first time such a mismanagement happened at the speedrun. I havent been to any of the speedruns but that was said by few senior-bhpians here. I am sure, feedback was sent previous years as well if not by bhpians but someone might have.

What I meant was autocar magazine is not fulltime into organising drag races, and hence they might think about around 3 or 4 months prior to the race. And as said by scooby, if we send our suggestions in a collective way, there are 'greater chances' that those suggestions would be looked into.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 20th February 2007 at 19:06.
Old 20th February 2007, 19:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
lol! indiandawg, do you really feel that nobody here knows what a proper drag strip looks like? If only it were so easy to take a pic off the web and make it into a reality.

We are all looking for the same thing here. It will happen, but it needs the support of some large companies OR the Govt. OR some wealthy individuals who love their cars to get together and make something happen. ***wink wink***
hey Rtech, just out of curiosity, how much land(interms of area) is required to make a dragstrip with minimum facilities if not elaborate facilities as indiandawg has mentioned, and what could be the costs of building such a facility. (keep aside the maintanance part, to be discussed later)
Old 20th February 2007, 19:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Maybe passing some feedback to Hindustan Petroleum will also help.. After all, its also their brand "Speed" thats getting destroyed instead of getting built by sponsoring such events !!
Old 20th February 2007, 20:48   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Maybe passing some feedback to Hindustan Petroleum will also help.. After all, its also their brand "Speed" thats getting destroyed instead of getting built by sponsoring such events !!
'Speed' is BP's brand........

All this disappointment is regards basic seating facilities for the die-hard enthusiasts like us who waited patiently for the event months in advance & returned feeling as if we were uninvited.
Also, some safety issues which rose from morons performing stunts on the roads leading to the venue could have been controlled by the cops or the security personel.

My group of friends & me appreciate the sweat & blood put in by the officials, participants & all those associated with Mumbai Speedrun 2007.... but for the reasons mentioned above.
Its overwhelming to know that we as a team shall help the organisers improvise the future events.

Kudos Team-bhp!!!

az
Old 20th February 2007, 21:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot View Post
'Speed' is BP's brand........

aaz
So much for their brand building !!
Old 20th February 2007, 23:53   #57
BHPian

[quote=kkr2k2;377674]hey Rtech, just out of curiosity, how much land(interms of area) is required to make a dragstrip

more than hundered acres will be good enough i guess that is if you want the best of facilities like the one in the picture it will be of international standards...it can be done if supported by the govt
or some big shot like vijay mallya

Last edited by chetan : 21st February 2007 at 00:01.
Old 21st February 2007, 09:18   #58
BHPian

rtech-when i called up autocar,i didnt hide the fact that i didnt come there for the speedrun,i mentioned lot of my friends who were there found the event badly managed,asked them too improve it,i dont know whats wrong in calling up a reputed firm like autocar[which i am a subscriber to the magazine]& telling my views.
Old 21st February 2007, 09:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Well that's a very good suggestion Scooby I think this can prove to be a useful exercise with so much first-hand experience from Team-BHPians. Some very good suggestions are bound to result.

P.S. Waise just thinking about it, do you suggest we do this exchange of ideas at a meet?? Won't be much use then methinks
Old 21st February 2007, 12:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well that's a very good suggestion Scooby I think this can prove to be a useful exercise with so much first-hand experience from Team-BHPians. Some very good suggestions are bound to result.

P.S. Waise just thinking about it, do you suggest we do this exchange of ideas at a meet?? Won't be much use then methinks
Boss, we will need to meet up in the day for a brain storming. Do all the deliberations, and then put it on paper and submit.
the normal fun meet and drinking can follow in the evening after the session, where we can invite the Hormazds,Vineets,Robins et all to submit to and make merry with them!!

Most Viewed