Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 00:03   #1
BHPian

Horrible Event management at speed run 07

....cant think of where to start from.

Was this event ment for common public?
I mean no one was allowed to go near area where the cars were parkey (phantom/BMW.... etc).

Could barely see the race tack... as people who were there might have noticed, a small section of the track was visible. Just the VIP guys could enjoy the race.

I say.. A awesome event, managed in a awfull way.

I dont think that people here would mind paying to see the race. So, if we have influential people in the forum....it my humble request that can you please put forward our complains to the event management guys??

I have many more things in mind which i cant frame into words.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th February 2007 at 01:45. Reason: text format tags
Old 19th February 2007, 00:26   #2
BHPian

guys
right the management was terrible,facilities too
i missed most the races coz the crowds over there,couldnt get close to the car inside
if u wanted to see the races u should have stood for 7,8 hours while 10 people were over your head.terrible man
we should do something for next year
Old 19th February 2007, 00:34   #3
BHPian

I was there with friends.......amit I guess horrible is putting it very politely.

Its not the first time. Each year its the same. Why dont they charge a large sum, but provide seating facilities. There is ample space in Kharghar.

Is the event meant only for the ones sitting to the left of the race track?

az
Old 19th February 2007, 00:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

this happens every year...!! a thread pops up regarding the ssame and dies down within a few day.ive said it before and im saying it again the crows should definitly be filtered in some way.mosey is not the only way as many will still be willing to pay and enter and over crowding the VIP stands and pits would be just as bad.today was a good example of the same.

Rev
Old 19th February 2007, 01:22   #5

poor management by AUTOCAR and whoever was part of the management

The event was horribly managed.... to make things worse the scrutiny team was full of all old people who had no clue of what was required of them.......they allowed an esteem engine Zen to run with the pro stock 1100-1400 cc cars. A Zen even ran with the Forced induction 1100-1400cc.

Security was all a show and too rude with participants and ineffective in managing the event…..all access pass holders were not permitted too !! hahahaha

…..VVVVVVVIPs inside were smoking on track……do MAI regulation permit smoking on track ????

when they knew there were so many entries (cars) why wasn’t the pit area created big enough to accommodate participants in order of their classes. There was a lot of space available at the public entry area, which could have been used.

Pathetic organization by AUTOCAR. IF they cant manage this over 2 days they should re-think and have three days to ease off the loads/runs per day !!

This has been happening since 2 years now....an AUTOCAR don’t seem to be learning from their mistakes.. I hope regulations are more consistent in other cities (wherever they organize drags)
shame on autocar for the poor show

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2007 at 01:34. Reason: formatting removed
Old 19th February 2007, 04:51   #6
BHPian

I'm sunburnt and my whole body's aching cos of wrestling continously with the locals in the sun. Why can't we have a paid event charging us like 300-500 bucks for two days? The stands can stretch all the way upto the end of the strip and there'd be plenty of place for everyone. It wouldn't only make life easier for the enthusiasts but actually make Autocar some extra money.

The VIP passes lay with people who'd be better off at some Derby or something, while the people who REALLY wanted to watch the cars/bikes were left feeling like they're not invited.

It was a nice event if you were lucky enough to land up with passes..

*Goes to apply some cream to the sun burns*
Old 19th February 2007, 06:58   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
I dont think that people here would mind paying to see the race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
many will still be willing to pay and enter and over crowding the VIP stands and pits would be just as bad.today was a good example of the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave12r View Post
Why can't we have a paid event charging us like 300-500 bucks for two days?
Heres a thread that i had started two years ago, hoping that some people at ACI will see the poll and maybe put it into effect - Would you pay to watch speedrun?

cya
R
Old 19th February 2007, 07:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is sad - seems to happen every year, suggesting that perhaps this is an event meant for an exclusive few.

Is it wrong to expect progress and for things to change based on prior experience? Or do we as a people refuse to learn from experience? The excitement here on the buildup to the SpeedRun was palpable - what a waste of expectations!

On the other hand, SOMEBODY must be thinking that they're doing something right because they run this event in the same style year after year. Must be interesting to hear their side of the story too!

Last edited by Steeroid : 19th February 2007 at 07:29.
Old 19th February 2007, 07:22   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Unrelated- I dont know, but I heard Bangalore Speedrun 07 is cancelled.
Old 19th February 2007, 10:15   #10
BHPian

Lot of actions was happening just on the roads outside where the event was held. lots of wannabe racers and show off were trying to do stunts and a maddening crowd was watching and photographing.

I saw people doing wheelies (without helmets) , some really rash car drivers ( no seatbelts), racing in full speed midst of a full crowd.

I saw a kid being banged by a motorcyclist, dont know if he was attempting some stunts.

There was total chaos in the streets near the event place. everybody who had a car or a bike was trying to show off.

did anybody take notice of it??
Old 19th February 2007, 10:21   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
did anybody take notice of it??
I had my car parked there and I couldn't go to watch the races because of those idiots trying to race. Some track participants were also attempting their trial runs on public roads while the cops stood there watching. Finally managed a good parking spot and felt relaxed.
Old 19th February 2007, 11:45   #12
BHPian

See....so thats why i said, if we have any influential people here in the forum, i humbly request you to do something about it.
Old 19th February 2007, 11:46   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot View Post
I was there with friends.......amit I guess horrible is putting it very politely.

Its not the first time. Each year its the same. Why dont they charge a large sum, but provide seating facilities. There is ample space in Kharghar.

Is the event meant only for the ones sitting to the left of the race track?

az
i support this too. it was useless for general public and also this thread will do no good, so dont start over there even...
Old 19th February 2007, 11:58   #14
BHPian

The worst part is that the cops were pushing and hammering the competitors.. Infact they didnt even allow Hormadad Sohrabjee to come into the VIP Park Ferme area.. Cops said go around and come... They pushed even Narain Kartikayen while in the midst of an interview.. First they pushed the interviewer and then pushed him aside and said "who are you.. go behind.. go out".. Man it sucked so badly.. Our service cars were parked in the VIP parking area and even we couldnt access it.. coz they said this was only the vehicle exit gate and not for poeple..
It was so much better on day one when the cops werent around..
Cheers
Old 19th February 2007, 12:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I had my car parked there and I couldn't go to watch the races because of those idiots trying to race.

Thats right. My car was parked there too. Took it to a rough patch some distance away & parked it. There was no policing or orderly conduction of the event.

The famous Sardarji guy doing a free show of wheelies/stunts. No doubt doing it in a quite better & controlled way than other Narain Ks over there but he should have chosen a better place.

The fat guy wid a Ajay Devgan fan 'standing' pillion, was for the amusement of the masses...

Guys in the black accent wanted to do a 180 degree turn but each time ended up with 90..... endangering lives of the hundreds present there. So was the golden OHC, amongst others.

The 'sunday' yamaha riders without brakes & no. plates (those of you who stay between Nariman point & Bandra will know)

I guess this would not be allowed in Bandra because the number of cops in here were not even 1/4th.

Next time I am coming only if the organisers have something better to offer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks