Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 13:29   #1
BHPian

Unfair classification at Speed Run 2007

welll.this is how it goes..
there are 2 classifications as far as the foreign class under 2000 cc is concerned. pro stock under 2000 cc . or forced induction/ nitrous under 2000 cc.
now this was specified on the forms as every contestant knows..
so we tuners who want to enter into pro stock under 2000 cc tune our cars accordingly. (obviously no turbo / nitrous)
at the time of filling up forms we are informed by some guy by the name starting with an alphabet "v" that they are two different classes.
at the time of briefing we clarify the matter again, at the track 3 organisers tell us that they are two differnt classes and 3 others tell us that pro stock under 2000 and forced induction classes have been joined together.
i go to the track and line up for practice and ask again that if therare the same class or different and the answer is ...' they are different' . and when the results come ... guess what ?????? they have clubbed my tiny crx with giants like subaru's and evo's.
q 1.. why dont they specify that these cars are gonna run together when they bring out the forms???
q2... do these guys have any idea how much time it takes to tune a turbo car???
q3...do they know how much time it takes to import the forged internals , build the engine, tune the ecu, do run ins , etc???

any comments??
Old 19th February 2007, 13:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

They are only interested to sell their magazines. It's a shame that these guys using the name of an international publication doesn't even know what they're doing. ACI how about getting some tips from your European counterparts? First it was starting the event 5 hours late and then this.

One question: Who is organising the event, is it ACI themselves or is there any event management companies involved?
Old 19th February 2007, 14:17   #3
BHPian

a company called hungama. /// worst drag ever... i didnt even bother to go there the second day... dont even regret it one bit!!!
Old 19th February 2007, 14:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

I Totally Agree!!
the classifications were all Wrong and UNFAIR.
stock/prostock has to be seperate from modified.
cant put a 300SL with a M5 or a twin turbo Supra!!!??
or a stock WRX-STI[275bhp] with a Blown/modified WRX-STI[650bhp]/EVO6[450bhp]
Old 21st February 2007, 17:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well we were also told that Indian Pro-stock cannot run in Indian Open, but we saw a lot of Game Over cars doing just that.
Old 21st February 2007, 18:07   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Well we were also told that Indian Pro-stock cannot run in Indian Open, but we saw a lot of Game Over cars doing just that.
Exactly the reason why i couldnt run in the indian open .. But i was shocked to wits corner when i saw most of the pro-stock cars running in the indian open ..
Old 21st February 2007, 21:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team dragstar View Post
welll.this is how it goes..
there are 2 classifications as far as the foreign class under 2000 cc is concerned. pro stock under 2000 cc . or forced induction/ nitrous under 2000 cc.
now this was specified on the forms as every contestant knows..
so we tuners who want to enter into pro stock under 2000 cc tune our cars accordingly. (obviously no turbo / nitrous)
at the time of filling up forms we are informed by some guy by the name starting with an alphabet "v" that they are two different classes.
at the time of briefing we clarify the matter again, at the track 3 organisers tell us that they are two differnt classes and 3 others tell us that pro stock under 2000 and forced induction classes have been joined together.
i go to the track and line up for practice and ask again that if therare the same class or different and the answer is ...' they are different' . and when the results come ... guess what ?????? they have clubbed my tiny crx with giants like subaru's and evo's.
q 1.. why dont they specify that these cars are gonna run together when they bring out the forms???
q2... do these guys have any idea how much time it takes to tune a turbo car???
q3...do they know how much time it takes to import the forged internals , build the engine, tune the ecu, do run ins , etc???

any comments??
Well Team Dragstar...

Please take time to read the SR (Supplemetary Regulation) properly before complaining and filling the entrance forms..
I know the classes should not have been joined together.. There should have been prostock and another class for NOS/FORCED INDUCTION..
But from day one the SR was out these classes were in one class. It was the same for the Indian Class as well but that was changed at a later date.. I guess there werent too many pro-stock cars participating and thats the reason why they didnt want to have 2 separate classes..

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2007, 16:58   #8
BHPian

hi evo
well why dont you see the SR from last year as well... they are exactly the same... i have kept a copy from last year as well. i ran the pro stock class last year.... that too with 2 cars in the class...
_
the funny thing is there was mr. singhania last year and no mr.singhania this year... something to think about???
this year 4 cars entered the class..

the question is why were we kept guessing as every official and organiser were giving different answers.
and by the way no one's complaining. cheers

Last edited by team dragstar : 22nd February 2007 at 17:03. Reason: additions
Old 22nd February 2007, 17:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well, you have to specify which SR. ACI handed out 4 or something.
Old 22nd February 2007, 22:43   #10
BHPian

thats what we call confusion!!!!!!!!!
Old 23rd February 2007, 21:10   #11
BHPian

TD,
I know there was a problem but these things should be sorted out and fought out with AUTOCAR before the event which we did in the Indian Class.. Initially the option was FI and NOS allowed which made no sense to the Indian open class then.. So later after much deliberation they changed it to FI or NOS( only one allowed )... I agree it should be the same with the foreign class as well... All I can advise it fight with them buddy.. Get your way..

V1p3r..
Remember the fight with Vinith at the Briefing meeting

Cheers
Old 26th February 2007, 13:21   #12
BHPian

evo,
what do you do when they tell you that its a pro stock class you are running at the staging area and change it when the results are out????
man they are confused themselves and asking for 30000 for protest fees....
and the price money ?????? let not even get there
Old 26th February 2007, 14:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
V1p3r..
Remember the fight with Vinith at the Briefing meeting
Yeah, what an experience.
Old 27th February 2007, 17:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team dragstar View Post
man they are confused themselves and asking for 30000 for protest fees....

WHAT!!! DID they really?
Old 14th March 2007, 18:23   #15
BHPian

I completely agree with Dragstar. There was complete confusion and chaos. Not only in the foriegn FI and pro stock categoris, but also Indian pro stock category as well. My Corsa 1.4 was in pro stock 1150 to 1450. At the time of registreration, I confirmed with them and they too confirmed that it will be completely 1150 to 1450 pro stock cause I was a little worried about Zen 1400s (like yours). And they said that that zen 1400 is a different category altogether. Guess what? I got a zen 1400 from Banglore on my first run. Now that's unfair man!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks