Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: Would you like an alternative to the SpeedRun?
Yes. It's about time we came up with our own event. 58 68.24%
No. The event is fine as it is - minor screw ups keep happening but overall it's great. 2 2.35%
Not interested. 1 1.18%
Yes. It's about time we did something to improve it - lets send our ideas to the organizers. 24 28.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2007, 16:21   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
  1. We're in the process of evaluating whether a club or an association should be formed. This will enable us to move forward. : How does this help?
  2. Depending upon the class you enter, the entry fee for the participant shall vary. : Excellent idea.
  3. I like the idea of having it on two separate weekends.. Logistics nightmare.
  4. Free parking, with the option of paid parking as well, again with varying rates. Make all parking paid. Anyone who can afford a set of wheels to come all the way can afford 10-50 bucks to pay for parking. Make sure parking isn't too close to the spectator areas, because it will be hard to control showboaters anyway.
SRK, there will probably be a TBHP concession of some sort, so don't worry.

Nitrous, try finding a decent F1 ticket, let alone an all-access pass, for 110 USD. At 1k for an all access pass, you will see more janta in the pits than tuners or mechs. 3-5k will discourage timepass people, or so we hope. Of course, I speak from the other side, since my friend the gardenfairy has promised me a pass

From the perspective of the participants, there are a lot of issues wrt the scrutineering. Maybe Robeeeeen could throw some light on the procedures, because I'd hate to see a repeat of a 15.7 second 1l pro-stock, where everyone claims he's cheating but no one can prove it.

Also, I'd like it if people who showed a valid student ID or are below 22 or something, can get a discount on participation costs. Either that, or people who are applying for the MAI licence for the first time. It would go a fair way in encouraging fresh faces.
hey thats a nice plan but we need to have a club with a presiding head or else we will be lost in each other's idea's.

we should have the separate fee plan.

we should have it in a weekend would be real good no waste of time especially for people who come from other places.

no free parking at all free parking includes=racing in the lot i bet none of us would want.

we should have a place where racers from other states could camp for the night so they will be more participation as no cost of staying(hotel) and regarding the scrutinies we should have a crew which they go around the day before the drag and put some type of seal like nail polish so that the parts are not messed with (this is what they do in Bonneville they put nail polish over the fuel cap and engine parts so nothing is messed with) they should not be allowed to take their cars out of the pits so no foul play.
make it a speed week thing.

if all of this works out we will soon say goodbye speed run and hello BHP RUN.

hope my contribution is alright and for all this can i get say unlimited pass kind of thing.

edit: sorry forgot to add how about free fuel idea will get more people to participate and will be given only during the runs and not during practice or every one will be lining up for practice tell them its free but how about rs 50 extra in the participation fee.

how about a parallel practice track so the main track remains undamaged.

Last edited by pawan : 24th February 2007 at 16:33.
Old 24th February 2007, 16:43   #32
BHPian

sorry for double posting

we should get some sponsors so it doesn't dampen our pockets say car companies and magazines would mind doing that to boost their sales, money+our enthusiasm towards the sport=one hell of a BHP RUN.
Old 24th February 2007, 17:28   #33
elf
BANNED

Please Note:

>> THIS IS NOT A TEAM-BHP RUN. <<

Under no circumstances has any official interest been shown by T-BHP, although I have been getting feedback & inputs from D-BHPians, Moderators & members since the past week or so.

Note that responses from other people not connected with T-BHP have also been coming in. Basically, automobile enthusiasts from all over have loved the idea & want in, just as most of you do.

Also, please do not take note of any freebies, gossip or other junk that you may hear. As should be obvious, at this stage I cannot promise anything, although some way of thanking you shall be worked out if your idea is implemented. And no, not obvious ideas like "have it on a straight 400m track".

This whole concept is in the very, very early stages of formation, & I'm still in consultation with my lawyers to figure out whether we should form a club, a co-operative, a company or an association. And yes, one of them shall be formed. Also, nothing has yet gone beyond the concepts / ideas / feelers stage yet. That includes the chat with the event management agency.

In short, do keep them ideas coming if you like, as this is being done in an attempt to better the lot of motorsport in India.

Thanks.
Old 24th February 2007, 22:17   #34
Awaiting Email Confirmation

ELF I'm really impressed with what youre doin here,by the way make sure you have free RED BULL,and a 3 cylinder lancer category...lol! just playing with you, on a serious note though, I think forming an association with the help of a few people from MAI would help..most importantly making sure that all participants do get a testing period on the same track before the actual event if possible..only coz that way we'll avoid having any incidents with the first timers,plus if possible think of the race waRS concept from F&F that would save tons of people hotel money and give them extra track time too for a decent cost that is

Last edited by nitroxx : 24th February 2007 at 22:20.
Old 24th February 2007, 22:50   #35
BHPian

All of the things can be sorted out .. but the main thing is the Venue .. where will you host it .. ?
Old 25th February 2007, 04:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
we should have a place where racers from other states could camp for the night so they will be more participation as no cost of staying(hotel) and regarding the scrutinies we should have a crew which they go around the day before the drag and put some type of seal like nail polish so that the parts are not messed with (this is what they do in Bonneville they put nail polish over the fuel cap and engine parts so nothing is messed with) they should not be allowed to take their cars out of the pits so no foul play.
make it a speed week thing.
What foul play?! At the salt flats, there are restrictions on what you can run etc, and officials scrutinise and approve vehicles for land speed records. Here you are allowed to run anything in unrestricted classes, and you can still change things to the last minute. What happens if you blow a gasket? Since, going by your rules, you can't open the hood, I would guess you don't run. This won't work.

Quote:
if all of this works out we will soon say goodbye speed run and hello BHP RUN.

hope my contribution is alright and for all this can i get say unlimited pass kind of thing.
This is not a TBHP run. TBHP is a forum to discuss ideas and thoughts related to automobiles and motorsport. We (or the mods) are not an event-management team. And for crying out loud, I was kidding about the free pass thing. Can't you see the in my post?

No free fuel. Winners get a trophy and/or some sort of prize. You build your car on your money for your pride. And there is no practice area. You tune and practice on your own time. Come to the run, you get a couple of practice runs on the main strip, and it's go baby go.

Guys, please keep in mind the Speedrun format is brilliant. The letdown is in the execution and the time management.

Also, fairy, can we have timeslips handed to each competitor at the end of his/her run? I know a lot of people would LOVE to get their ETs and RTs to frame on their walls (I would!). It's doable na, Robeeeeen?
Old 25th February 2007, 11:47   #37
BHPian

firstly i would like to say sorry elf didn't know there was no official interest from t-bhp and vip3r was just kidding about the free pass also i would pay for a ticket so to support the management.i was speaking about the runs other than unrestricted class i had one more doubt after the scrutinies take place are they allowed to tamper with their cars forgive me ignorance don't know much about speed run haven't been in the pit area's for the speed runs and would like to say sorry if i have offended any one.

Last edited by pawan : 25th February 2007 at 11:49.
Old 25th February 2007, 15:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i was speaking about the runs other than unrestricted class i had one more doubt after the scrutinies take place are they allowed to tamper with their cars.
Basic scrutiny occurs before the run. This is only for safety purposes. They check if you have a seatbelt, approved seat, helmet, etc. The top 5 cars in each class are then scrutinised to some extent after the timings are out. If anyone lodges a protest, the scrutineering is taken further, depending on the allegations etc.

Quote:
forgive me ignorance don't know much about speed run haven't been in the pit area's for the speed runs and would like to say sorry if i have offended any one.
Chill, brother. You haven't offended anyone and no one can say they know everything. Every contribution here is vaild and useful in some way. Please keep them coming.

Where's Robeeeen?
Old 25th February 2007, 15:29   #39
Team-BHP Support

I'm here. On my way out of town for a few days. Will chip in with my thoughts when I get back.
Old 25th February 2007, 15:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Basic scrutiny occurs before the run. This is only for safety purposes. They check if you have a seatbelt, approved seat, helmet, etc. The top 5 cars in each class are then scrutinised to some extent after the timings are out. If anyone lodges a protest, the scrutineering is taken further, depending on the allegations etc.

Chill, brother. You haven't offended anyone and no one can say they know everything. Every contribution here is vaild and useful in some way. Please keep them coming.

Where's Robeeeen?
thnx man i have one more doubt say dont they check the fuel used what if nitrous is directly mixed with fuel or if ethanol is used wont that shave lot of sec of the clock.
Old 25th February 2007, 15:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Fuel, as of now, is free. You can run whatever you want in the fuel tank.
Old 26th February 2007, 01:24   #42
elf
BANNED

I like the way trigger-happy self appointed spokespersons are going around clarifying doubts when we don't even have an event to talk about yet! And while you're at it, how about telling me when this is going to happen?

Are you guys talking about the SpeedRun just concluded or the event that MAY happen IF we do manage to get everything right?

This thread is for the latter & if everything falls into place, somebody will be answering your queries & finding solutions to your issues.

Just now, it's all talk only - nothing apart from brainstorming & basic idea exchange has happened with anybody.

Until something concrete comes about, guys, please do not answer questions. I don't want to run the risk of anything being misconstrued as official communication, guidelines or rules.

Let's just keep this thread for people & their suggestions. Thanks.
Old 26th February 2007, 11:18   #43

It should be completely organized such that there is sale of passes that way we can accumulate the money we spend on the event and plus we will have only enthusiasts instead of just everyone who doesn't appreciate and behave well. from the view of participants I wouldn't say much because I haven't participated myself but would be nice if it doesn't become a very commercial thing ... its very boring that way
Old 26th February 2007, 11:49   #44
elf
BANNED

The basic premise of this will be to promote motorsports in India. So far, all agree that commercialization of the sport shall be avoided as much as possible.

However, money will play an important part here: to ensure security, proper event management, organization, publicity, prizes, certificates, etc.

Also, if it gets boring, the crowds won't come. QED.
Old 26th February 2007, 14:31   #45
BHPian

rightly put there elf.....Management will be a very imp factor here...which was the one of teh things lacking at the speedrun....
most of the better points have already been mentioned by other members...hope this transforms into something concrete...*fingers crossed*

Most Viewed