Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2004, 15:58   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This Blue Lancer (awesome paintjob) turned out to be such a DUD!. A lot was expected of it, seeing the owner talking to everyone and his dog about the mods he had under the hood. He had also lowered the car from the rear end (its beyond me to understand why). Nice alloys buttttttttttttttt not much else.

Blue Lancer - Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 15:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Hey, (again..)

i just noticed that if u click on the cayenne gallery some more galleries apper (lancer and indica rally) which dont show up on other pages!...

cya
Old 31st March 2004, 16:00   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Another non-performer. The Tata guys around this car claimed 95 horses for these Indicas, but they were just soooooooooo slow...even a jogger could do a quicker 1/4 mile. There were also no sound effects, despite sports exhausts.

Indica Rally Sports - Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 16:04   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

One word for these Esteems - WEIRD

Esteems - Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 16:08   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

These cars were absolute lookers, its just amazing what a couple of exterior add-ons can do to the personality of a Lancer. The silver/blue one is from Shivaji Park...and on Sunday was eating Honda City's for breakfast! Very well-modded car. by that dude, Karan Shah. He has made quite a name for himself, and with good reason too.

Modded Lancers - Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 16:13   #21
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Mar. 31 2004,13:42)]The 350Z sure looked the absolute stunner that it is...I had seen it in Boston, but somehow it looked much better on Bombay roads . Dont recollect seeing it racing, did any of you?

Nissan 350Z - Photolink
no...it didn't race..i think he'd just come for showing it off..btw i think its Farhan Azmi's...sure it'll look good in India...there r very less cars to compete with it..

M3
Old 31st March 2004, 16:14   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whatta car!! I have always loved the E220, but after the drags...my respect for this car has gone up ten-fold. This middle-aged gentleman had modded his E220 with "only" a NOS kit and a perfect wheel/tyre combo. He won all the drags he took part in, including against an Optra and a City. In 1st gear, the other cars would take him...but a shift to 2nd and he would fly past them as if they were standing still. One of my favorites from the drag...and very very well-driven too!!

Mercedes E220 - NOS
Old 31st March 2004, 16:17   #23
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Mar. 31 2004,14:28)]This Blue Lancer (awesome paintjob) turned out to be such a DUD!. A lot was expected of it, seeing the owner talking to everyone and his dog about the mods he had under the hood. He had also lowered the car from the rear end (its beyond me to understand why). Nice alloys buttttttttttttttt not much else.

Blue Lancer - Photolink
absolutely..the blue lancer was crap....btw it didnt have door handles either...it opened with a remote..
It was murdered by a stock honda city!! true to most of the lancers...all show & no go..
Old 31st March 2004, 16:18   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Poonawala's Immaculately maintained mid-80s Mustang. "Muscled" with the Camaro and both were pretty much equally matched for the two days. Buttttttttttttttttt he did make mincemeat of a bunch of other cars on that weekend.

Poonawala's Mustang - Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 16:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

3rd gear hahaha thats funny

Cheers
Old 31st March 2004, 16:22   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Its really hard to believe that this car was bought by the owner for 5 lacs, and then he has spent only 2.5 lacs rebuilding it. Including the ones I have seen in the US, this has got to be the best 944 of them all. It sounded just like a well-tuned Porsche should...and what better colour than RED to make the heads turn.

Blood Red Porsche 944 - Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 16:30   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Oh boy, is this album going to be a favorite with the Zen owners on-board team-bhp. More than 50% of the Zens that showed up had 1.3 liter Esteem engines and did they fly! It was getting hard to shout out "Esteem engined Zen" when we heard the tone, so we came up with an acronym for this breed - "E-ZEN". Pay special attention to the grey zen with air-filters popping threw the hood, whatever he did sure as hell worked. His Zen won most of the drags that afternoon and sounded like a dream come true. I liked some styling cues of the white zen, while the Red one was a little bit of a disappointment (If I remember right). Its too bad we did not get to take pictures of Revvmasters' friends Zen - This one was a sure fire winner for the quickest Zen of the 1 liters.

GTO

Zens - Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 16:34   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you want to know what ATTITUDE is all about, you should check out this mighty Supra in person. It arrived at 3 p.m. and went straight to the drag-strip. It didnt seem to be that well-tuned on Saturday with the Mustang leaving it for dead...but it sure as hell did make up on Sunday by posting the fastest 1/4 mile (cars) of the entire weekend.

600BHP Supra!!! Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 16:42   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Heres the meat of the matter - The dragstrip! It was a little difficult getting the cars within the frame, since they zoomed by so fast. Result? I ended up with a couple of empty pictures!!

Here are some of the best ones from my collection

Straight from the Dragstrip - Photolink
Old 31st March 2004, 17:57   #30
BHPian

GTO
You did t again man ultimate pics what can I say far out budy well tell who are the guys ext to the camaro and the blue lancer well I need to know this we guys are thinking of installing a Nos tank in one of a cars need your views and we would like to know who does the installaion in Mumbai and how much will it cost us tank and all (other members views allways welcome come on guys help us out )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks