Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2004, 02:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Trust me dude dont try to turbo charge a Zen diesel... It just aint happening.. Like GTO said its already cramped .. There aint space for nothing in there..

Cheers
Old 3rd April 2004, 07:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

tyhx for answering my queries, will check it out, as far as know(having experienece with 3 safaris till now, all pre 2000 0r 2000 models) tata started putting intercoolers from mid 2000, when it lauched the ex model, (not the twin ac one) just before the earlier le with single lcd screen one
will check it out
Old 3rd April 2004, 07:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

hey bud, u get 500cc elim engine where???, how much? u get it in the bang gujri??? will it be a perfect fit?? i checked the chor baazaar ,here abt 40 days back, no bike engines at all, but loads and loads of imported diesel engines,seats , dashboard consoles, momo steering wheels, etc and body parts of diff vehicles, will go after muh exams to check for the intercooler
Old 3rd April 2004, 11:39   #64
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey aadix, TCed Elim?? Me too wud love to have that. But its not possible. Even if it is it'll be of no use. The exhaust flow from the Elim isnt enough to spin the turbine. So the TC on the Elim will be just like an added weight.

Elims were produced in 600/900/1000 cc. I dont know if u can get Elim 600/900/1000 cc engines here in India.
Old 3rd April 2004, 11:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

You will have to import it from either singapore or thailand. You could also get in other places like europe and china. The european models had the big displacement and power.

Cheers
Dom
Old 3rd April 2004, 11:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hey Moderators,
Why dont you moove a part of this discussion to the technical or other group. As the discussion has changed from cars in bangalore to a technical one.

Thanks
Dom
Old 3rd April 2004, 16:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thanks
Dom
Old 3rd April 2004, 21:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

hey dom, many car mags say normal engines shouldnt be tced, coz thier engines arent buitl to take excess pressure, but dont the engines come with factor of safe: 2, ie can take twice the pressure? another thing, u have done mods on high profile cars like mondeo, c etc, wont the warranty get void??
what are the risks when one puts on a turbo?
what would happen if u installed another turbo to an alreay tced engine?
Old 3rd April 2004, 23:00   #69
BHPian

hey dom
i hv a indica diesel & a optra 1.8, well i drive indica , can u tell me any mod that i can do to my indica diesel???? well im planning to buy a used car for drags and all. can u suggest me one from which i can get max power???

thanx
Old 4th April 2004, 03:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
first to answer aadix,
Yes engines are able to withstand extrapressures. The safest amount a stock engine can be turbocharged is about 4psi. You can experiment using a few gauges and try going one psi up. But fuel is the main concern. Good fuel is required to prevent pinging which damages the engine.
Yes the warranty does get void. But i have understandings with a few dealers and company's here. Where other than the engine everything else they will replace if required. You can install headers and exhausts to your C or Mondeo or other cars. Just remove and put the stock one before going to the dealer. so it will be no prob for you. Most people do it here.
Risks of putting a turbo... hmm... there would be no risk if you know what you are doing. If the correct procedures are followed and you know the exact tolerances of the engine turboing will be no problem.
You could add another turbo to an already tced engine but a few things... it would be better to put two correct sized turbos instead of using two big ones on small displacement engines. The effects would be, spooling would be faster or you could also use it as a sualstage turbo (two different housings) where one turbo will provide enough boost till a certain rpm then the other turbo will kick in to provide further boost.
hope this answers your question.

Hey power freak,
There are a few things for the indica diesel... you could do a port matching and polishing job for the engine. This gives quite good torque. You could face your head by about .7 to 1mm to add a bit more to the compression. i think for a diesel .5mm should be good. Dont try this if the person doesnt know what he is doing. You dont want to open things too big etc. If you are really interested in porting let me know... i will mail you what exactly should be done.
At now the honda city is a very good car to modify, you could a non vtec one for cheap and we could get the same engine in the US blueprinted and about 170hp. As you are using the same spec engine you would be in the Indian class...

Happy Motoring
Dom
Old 4th April 2004, 03:45   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
* *Check out the turbo i picked up at the bangalore guj for a steal

Garrett A/r .45 G25 turbo (off a CDI)

Cheers
Dom

Old 4th April 2004, 03:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Guys the img thing isnt working.... anyway... cut the following links and paste it into the browser.

Try this link

http://community.webshots.com/album/130889982rySgvW

Cheers
Dom
Old 4th April 2004, 10:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

hey dom, unable to see the pics , not even from the links,
at what pressure generally the engine is set at?
thx for the info dude, all this i will study nxt year in my coll!
Old 4th April 2004, 12:30   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hey try the new link i put above in my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]at what pressure generally the engine is set at?
Now, im not sure what you meant by the question but i will give it a shot.
Normal engines dont have turbo chargers. But do have a boost due to Atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure is rated around 14.7psi. Turbo boost comes in addition to this whn you have a turbo. For example if you have a 9psi of boost from a turbo the actual pressure the engine is seeing is 14.7+9= 23.7psi of boost.

Now if your question meant compression pressures. This figure can vary from engin to engine. Now a normal NA esteem engine should be around 190psi when the compression stroke takes place and just before the ignition process. Diesel engines have bigger compression ratios as they rely on compression ignition.

Hope this answers your question.
Which university are you going to and what is the course?

Cheers
Dom
Old 4th April 2004, 13:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hope you guys can see these pics.

Cheers
Dom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks