Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2004, 18:06   #91
BHPian

What plans for the turbo man. please tell us more!
Old 10th May 2004, 19:05   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Domnic @ April 05 2004,00:59)]I have got admission in Both UTI, and from Auto Sport in Quebec, Canada.

Cheers
DOm
Hi Dom,

Do you mean Auto Sport Basi, the racing school? If so, you must be talking about the Mechanics programme right? Well, its great, amazing fun and tough work, but not really a formal education.

I did the same thing from them in '97, when they were called the Jim Russell Racing School. Basically, you work as a mechanic for them. Depending on your skill level, and seeing that you already have a lot of experience, you are given greater responsibility in the shop. Once you gain their trust, you get to work for their Pro team in the Canadian FF1600 series, going to dfifferent tracks in Canada. Terrific experience!!

However, what I'm trying to get at here is that you cannot compare this to a proper college like UTI or others which grant you a proper degree. The only thing you will take back from the racing school is experience and knowledge, and, if you can get the visa, a job too, but no certificates of any kind to show to prospective employers (if that is a priority for you).

Let me know if you need any info on my experiences there and I'll help you out as much as possible.

Good luck,
Rtech

P.s. if you do end up going to Auto-Sport, say hi to James for me... tell him the crazy Indian said so ..lol
Old 18th July 2004, 17:53   #93
Team-BHP Support

Just saw another purple blue Porsche 996. Was in a petrol bunk and I heard a loud noise, it was Ranjits Supra, following that was a this Porsche 996 - it had a fixed spoiler at the back as opposed to the retractable one - got only a glance!
Old 18th July 2004, 22:39   #94
Team-BHP Support

Did you see the number plate?
Old 18th July 2004, 22:59   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] it had a fixed spoiler at the back as opposed to the retractable one - got only a glance!
Then you've probably seen the GT3. Tell me if the spoiler was huge enough that the tip of the spoiler reached the roof height of the car. If it did, i am pretty darn confident it is the GT3....

... unless we have an Indian who knows Gemballas, RUFs etc inside out.

Revv
Old 19th July 2004, 10:42   #96
Team-BHP Support

I thought GT3's came in red, white and yellow
Old 19th July 2004, 15:34   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ July 18 2004,21:29)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] it had a fixed spoiler at the back as opposed to the retractable one - got only a glance!
Then you've probably seen the GT3. Tell me if the spoiler was huge enough that the tip of the spoiler reached the roof height of the car. If it did, i am pretty darn confident it is the GT3....

... unless we have an Indian who knows Gemballas, RUFs etc inside out.

Revv
It was near roof height but it was different from the GT3 which I saw in the pics. The GT3's have a huge hoop, this was a large T shape
Old 24th July 2004, 20:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

alright the only thing that comes to my mind is the GT2. and if it is, it's bloody darn awesome. unless it's a tuned Porsche, then well it could be just about anything. i've heard that there is a GT2 on order in Delhi too, landed price 2.2 crores. i can't wait to see one in flesh!

Old 24th July 2004, 21:58   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late replies was injured in an accident and was limited to access to my comp.

The blue porsche is belongs to the same person who recently acquired a Porsche Cayenne.

Cheers
Dom
Old 25th July 2004, 11:42   #100
Team-BHP Support

I thought he had an X5
Old 25th July 2004, 15:07   #101
BHPian

I dont think the GT2 is 2.2, until he got it on a premium since its a hard one to get...its 159k E so it comes to about 1.97Cr...man this is more expensive than the Gallardo..which comes to 1.7cr landed...crazi man..Gallardo would kick its butt if I am not wrong..anyhow its nice to know someone is getting a GT2 in delhi, I personally love the car...its so perfect in every respect...so soothing to the eye...
hey do u know who placed the order may be I can catch up to this guy or which dealer? was it satya?

Cheers
Old 25th July 2004, 17:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

well, thats what i was told 2.2 crores, maybe he did pay a premium, but it's worth it. No the Gallardo won't kick it's butt. It ain't the ultimate car in the 996 lineup for nothing, comes second just to the CGT. the dealer i believe was Exclusive Motors in Delhi. i'm sorry but thats all i know.
Old 6th April 2007, 10:59   #103
Senior - BHPian

man nice job, and awesome to hear about the stats on all the cars...

Most Viewed