No, will rather sit at home and drink petrol 8 21.62%
Oh yeah! I'll be there but have made my own arrangements 18 48.65%
Yep ! I want to burn rubber and also need accomodation 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2007, 13:58   #46
BHPian

no official timing is being provided for this track day, keeping in mind the safety aspect.

The road tyres are proving to be difficult! I have been given prices from 700 to 1500 per tyre for high performance road tyres. The pricing depends on the amount of tread left in them. What do you guys think about these prices?

Pricing of the track sessions & hire cars would be released tomorrow.
Old 7th March 2007, 15:57   #47
BHPian

I'm definitely in...
Old 7th March 2007, 19:48   #48
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

Lets not make this a "count me in, me too" thread - please confirm by voting on the poll as appropriate. Use this thread to post queries and receive updates
Old 7th March 2007, 19:53   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Note from Mod

Lets not make this a "count me in, me too" thread - please confirm by voting on the poll as appropriate. Use this thread to post queries and receive updates
Ajit , could you make this a public poll so that we all know who all are coming to the track and who needs arrangements ??
Old 7th March 2007, 19:57   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
no official timing is being provided for this track day, keeping in mind the safety aspect.
Come on sawan , we all know that track is anyday far safer than our public roads filled with nuts driving on one ways , crossing roads trying to beat a sub 10 sec SBK , or trying to show whose the daddy out here .. That besides timing will only tell us on how we are doing and also lets us improve our lines and tell where we are loosing time .. Pls lend out the transponders will ya boys ??
Old 8th March 2007, 07:28   #51
Team-BHP Support

March Track Day - Chennai (Public Poll Added)

Public poll added...

Please vote again if you had voted earlier.

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th March 2007 at 07:31.
Old 8th March 2007, 08:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
That besides timing will only tell us on how we are doing and also lets us improve our lines and tell where we are loosing time .. Pls lend out the transponders will ya boys ??
That is a sad decision, and like Mclaren said, are you guys sure that no timings make it a lot more safer? A little bit maybe, but enough to warrant no timings?

And does the no timings apply to the rentals as well?
Old 8th March 2007, 09:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

The management feels that there will be unnecessary risks involved when people driving on the track are racing against the clock as they are clocked.

People can always time themselves with stop watches at the main straight. U might have an error of +/- 0.5 seconds only.
Old 8th March 2007, 16:17   #54
Senior - BHPian

Well, IMHO, you won't race against the clock, because the timing is not shown inside the car. You only know your timing once you pull into the pits. From personal experience, I was concentrating on getting the best corner speeds possible. I think you guys could reconsider the timing thing.

700 bucks for a high-speed tyre is a good deal, assuming it's for keeps. 1500 bucks would make sense if it was a 15 or 16 incher. I would guess the regular Balenos, OHCs, Palios etc could do with 13s and 14s. Also, you should advise if we have to bring our own rims. Investing in a couple of used Swift rims isn't a bad idea. Ask Ajmat.

Nitrous, when it comes to cars, 0.5 seconds is an eternity.

Any idea about the rates, guys? I hope giving up Maiden is going to be worth it!
Old 8th March 2007, 16:41   #55
Senior - BHPian

Pls dont take me wrong.
But although, the timings u have earlier done sound good.
They're quite far from professional racers' timings. So, timers will make sense only after u're very close to their timings.Till then,approximate timings is good enough.
Old 8th March 2007, 16:51   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Pls dont take me wrong.
They're quite far from professional racers' timings. So, timers will make sense only after u're very close to their timings.Till then,approximate timings is good enough.
And to know how far behind we are from the professionals we will need timing too .. And this time a few of us are carrying out mods keeping in mind the 1600 saloon serious nitrous .. So it will help us a lot in knowing which set of tyres what mods give better timings etc ..

Also like akhay said no one is racing the clock as one cant see their timings until they retire into the pits .. However after the session one could try out a few different lines and see if it did make a difference .. Thats what we need timing for .. Even otherwise most of them will be driving pedal to metal (some on racing lines and the others on drift lines) so timing or no timing it wont stop them ..
Old 8th March 2007, 16:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Pls dont take me wrong.
That makes no sense. How do we improve if we only have approximate timings? And just out of curiosity, what is the current record for the short loop?
Old 8th March 2007, 16:59   #58
BHPian

All right guys, lets cut this short before things go outta hand. Keeping in mind safety issues, we have made a descsion not to have transponders on any of the cars or bikes. If there is a possibility of a change we will keep everyone informed. The final pricing will be done by this evening and I will post the details when I have them.

We will also have some FLGB Hyundai's out for rent. A 2 seater is also being organised and should be a lotta fun. Will keep you all informed.
Old 8th March 2007, 17:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
A 2 seater is also being organised and should be a lotta fun. Will keep you all informed.
Sounds like fun! Will this be for a drive, or only as a track taxi?
Old 8th March 2007, 18:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways
All right guys, lets cut this short before things go outta hand.
It never goes out of hand with me and the bangy boys. It was a healthy discussion.
@koli(aka clutchmeister) and stumpy:U guys always haggle till u get what u want and i guess its gonna be no different with the timers either. Enjoy!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks