Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2020, 15:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Driving Force - India's first docu-series on motorsports @ HotStar

A new series titled The Driving Force is now available for streaming on Hotstar. The behind the scenes footage gives the viewers a glimpse of the happenings of the Indian motorsports scene and the making of a championship. The footage has been shot over a period of almost one year.

The series covers the 2019 FMSCI Indian National Championship, including the Volkswagen Ameo Cup, MRF F1600 and F1300 at the Madras Motor Race Track. It also showcases the finer details of motorsport in India, including the different categories of racing, managerial & administration aspects as well as the human side of motorsports.

The six-episode documentary is produced by GoQuest Digital Studios and Volkswagen Motorsport India with support of the Federation of Motorsports Club of India, Volkswagen Motorsport and MRF amongst others.

Name:  Screenshot 20200614 at 3.48.18 PM.png
Views: 867
Size:  403.6 KB

The Driving Force - India's first docu-series on motorsports @ HotStar-screenshot-20200614-3.48.11-pm.png

The Driving Force - India's first docu-series on motorsports @ HotStar-screenshot-20200614-3.47.10-pm.png

Link to the Team-BHP News
blackwasp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 20:31   #2

re: The Driving Force - India's first docu-series on motorsports @ HotStar

Posted regarding this a few months back in another thread.
Quoting myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap2329 View Post
Here is an Indian version "THE DRIVING FORCE" that would be a good watch IMO. Its based on Volkswagen Ameo Cup - 2019 but also has some interesting bits regarding Indian motorsports in general.

https://www.mxplayer.in/list/d5269ea...Style=pic_left

6 episode season hosted on MXPLAYER.
First out on MXPlayer, its good to see that it's being picked up by other platforms as well.

Now, the whole motorsport scene has shifted online with many prominent racers from India taking part. Do have a look at UltimateE and Indian Sim Racing League for interesting content.
snap2329 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 12:19   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Driving Force - India's first docu-series on motorsports @ HotStar

Mod Note: Thread moved to the MotorSport forum!

Thanks for sharing, Kanad. Have added it to my watchlist. Am a bit skeptical as I find Indian motorsport b-o-r-i-n-g, but will still watch 1 or 2 episodes in appreciation of the effort, and continue if its good. Making a docu-series on motorsport isn't easy. Big Daddy Netflix tried on F1 (Drive to Survive) and its first season was lame. However, season no.2 was phenomenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap2329 View Post
First out on MXPlayer, its good to see that it's being picked up by other platforms as well.
Great post, thanks! HotStar will probably give it 100 times the visibility (which may still not account for much in totality).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 13:59   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

So I watched the first episode.

Good camera work & some really talented personalities (Karivardhan, Chandok etc.). The direction is also fantastic, the production quality is far better than I expected. There is some yummy historical footage of Dolphins & Padminis racing.

But overall, they are dealing with a very boring topic (Indian motorsport makes me yawn) and other than the 3000 individuals following Indian racing, no one is going to bother. Also, loads of hero worship and mutual back scratching in here.

Because the topic is boring, I'm not going to watch episode 2.

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2020 at 19:04.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 17:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Driving Force will be telecasted this Weekend on StarSports Select2 & StarSports Select2 HD just before F1 sessions.
Attached Thumbnails
The Driving Force - India's first docu-series on motorsports @ HotStar-vw.jpg  

The Driving Force - India's first docu-series on motorsports @ HotStar-vw1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks