Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 12:14   #1
Team-BHP Support

Narain to race stock cars!

Yup. Just confirmed. Our NK will be racing in the new Speed Car Series set to begin in November this year. These are basically like NASCAR's, but racing on circuits in Asia and the middle east.

NK will be up against ex-F1 drivers like Jean Alesi and Johnny Herbert.

Link to Report: itv.com/f1

Link to Speed Car website (really sad looking I might add!): .: www.speedcarseries.com :.
Old 24th March 2007, 19:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Another expensive experiment out of the Middle East? Why do the car looks like NASCARs...are they involved? Why would anyone in Asia be interested in rumbling 600 bhp Chevy lookalike?
Old 24th March 2007, 20:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why would anyone in Asia be interested in rumbling 600 bhp Chevy lookalike?
I certainly would.

Drifter
Old 25th March 2007, 07:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

if you actually go to a nascar race all you see in the grandstands is beer-guzzling idiots who know little about racing and race cars. I would classify nascar or any of its clones as another american idiosyncrasy (no offence). Its really sad that Narain has to come down to this level in order to keep himself on the track. One giant backward leap for racing in India.
Old 25th March 2007, 13:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
if you actually go to a nascar race all you see in the grandstands is beer-guzzling idiots who know little about racing and race cars. I would classify nascar or any of its clones as another american idiosyncrasy (no offence). Its really sad that Narain has to come down to this level in order to keep himself on the track. One giant backward leap for racing in India.
why is that because they dont have turns and straights but the oval is more tough and grueling than you think it is these guys race inches away from the wall one touch not one is dead but many are its just a matter of personal choice and not your choice you may not like it so there is no need to abuse it.

i like it and many more around the world may like and those same idiots and chicken farmers red neck all bought some of the cars like carrol shelby steve saleen henry ford john lingenfelter and many more.

the same redneck went to le mans and took on the euro cars in their own track and still do now also in le mans.(no offense meant).
Old 26th March 2007, 05:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
why is that because they dont have turns and straights but the oval is more tough and grueling than you think it is these guys race inches away from the wall one touch not one is dead but many are its just a matter of personal choice and not your choice you may not like it so there is no need to abuse it.

how many nascar races have you been to? I have been to a few. And I am telling it like it is. It is a matter of personal choice, therefore I am entitled to mine and I am entitled to my opinion so dont tell me what and what not to do.

Who went to Le Mans? Shelby or Ford? Man you need to get your facts right before mouthing off. It was Ford who commissioned the GT40 and it was Ford who won the Le Mans. Carrol Shelby had very little, if anything, to do with it. And for your information, the GT40 chassis was built entirely by Lola. Which is NOT an american company, but rather a British company.

Quote:
i like it and many more around the world may like and those same idiots and chicken farmers red neck all bought some of the cars like carrol shelby steve saleen henry ford john lingenfelter and many more.
Some notable names there. Wanna learn who exists in the rest of the world? Colin Chapman (Lotus), Eric Broadley (Lola), John Cooper (Cooper Engineering), Bruce McLaren (McLaren), Jack Brabham (Brabham Racing), Brian Lister (Lister Cars) are all people who have each won more races as constructors than all the people you mentioned put together did.

Although I dont see a connection between Nascar and all those cars you mentioned; An average American couldnt even afford them. Those are bought by the well-heeled who have good taste and the money to support their tastes.

Chicken farmers buying something like an original Shelby Cobra? That retails for $500,000 if you can find one? Grow up, kid. You have some skewed perceptions of America and its cars. You live in India and are biased towards American cars. I live in America and I am not. Wonder why? Because I've already seen them and know what they are worth. I wish I could switch places with you so that you can see firsthand what they are. And not be so fanatical about them.
Old 26th March 2007, 08:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
these guys race inches away from the wall one touch not one is dead but many are
thats because americans like those big accidents, cars flying around and all that, even if lives are in danger

rest of the world is not like that, thats why we had a 6 cars F1 race there and thats why we are not going to have F1 races there from this season
Old 7th April 2007, 23:49   #8
BHPian

Well, in the national championships, I found the Esteem class more fun to watch than the FISSME's. The racing was much closer ,far safer and so the drivers take more risks, i guess. And the speed car series does look like fun :-) Go Narain!
Old 8th April 2007, 00:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
sad but true. i actually like NASCAR though. don't think of it as an action packed race but as a strategy game. the pit crews have to alter their plans and make emergency pitstops and they have to figure out a way to take advantage of their opponents' crashes. i was also against NASCAR until recently but watching a few races has changed my mind.

Most Viewed