Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2007, 03:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!! Keep the pictures coming for people like us who could not attend the event.
Old 26th March 2007, 08:43   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
U r welcome guys. If I were in your place, I'd love to see the pics myself. I recall how refreshing it was after the 2006 event when ajmat put up that album online that he received from BikerSG. Loved them.

sAP

Will be pleased to do it again. Let bikersg or someone from MMSC collect the pics then I will sort and post. I was having too much fun to carry a camera - as I was jumping between cars
Old 26th March 2007, 08:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Aah,Maybe it was the 4G93T.
The valve cover was definitely not in red.
Old 26th March 2007, 10:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

what a ride. I had a possitivly great time. the first session was jam packed, with everyone trying to overtake everyone else, and essentially throwing up a lot of dust. my palio was the only one of its kind on that day yippie! anyways, i was doing a leisure 60 in the frist session. later the cars thinned out drastically,with just a handful of cars coming back for the rest of the sesisons. that was when the fun began. I really pushed my car (to a point) in session 3/ 4 and went back home a content man. with new tires and a newly resurfaced track, the traction was good, and throughly enjoyable. i guess i missed out the 2nd day, but was fun nonetheless!
Old 26th March 2007, 10:56   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
what a ride. I had a possitivly great time. the first session was jam packed, with everyone trying to overtake everyone else, and essentially throwing up a lot of dust. my palio was the only one of its kind on that day yippie! anyways, i was doing a leisure 60 in the frist session. later the cars thinned out drastically,with just a handful of cars coming back for the rest of the sesisons. !
Agreed, I only bothered with the 1st session in order to go through the briefing and the track orientation. After the "pace" car dropped off - everybody thought it was a race - found people like the MR2 and an AP reg Honda overtaking me on curves on the left, so I decided to go for lunch.

When I returned, a lot of the cars had gone - I think the sight of a Swift stuffing itself into a barrier on the last curve scared people. I had a lot of fun after that - I reckon that I did about close to 40 laps! My car just kept going, it had the torque to hold up well although I could do with an even tighter suspension.

Headers had a hair raising time, I think he gota bit high on grass!!!!
Old 26th March 2007, 11:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Man, that was one awesome track day. Thanks to the organisers.
Loved it. If only we also had Bangy weather in Chennai - but then that is asking for too much.

A pity I could not attend Sunday's session due to other planned stuff.

The snaps follow.

1. The much photographed Porsche

2. The skyline and Evo

3. Farhan, Psycho and headers.

4. Me in the Formula Swift (awesome fun). Still can't stop grinning.

5. Madan and Trooper

6. nitrous and headers ready to roll.

7. tbhp-ians having lunch

8. Polaris ATV

9. An exotic bike (or so nitrous tells me).

10. This is for Sam. ICE-d Lancer.

11. Same lancer, side view.

12. This girl tried her hand at the Formula cars.

13. Bikes (lots of them)

Had lots more pics. But had to delete them because my stupid camera does not work with any memory card other than the 16MB card that came with it.
Old 26th March 2007, 11:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
found people like the MR2 and an AP reg Honda overtaking me on curves on the left, so I decided to go for lunch.
MR2 was driven by a "responsible" car dude called Sandy(v1p3r and psycho knows). AP regd Honda almost banged me and N_aditya also had the same complaint. I checked out to findthat this guy's called 'Anand Akkineni' who is a professional kart racer-school kid and drives a Nissan 350Z. There was no need for him to show his skills off to us. Anyways, he got a good thrashing from Sideways on Sunday after he decided to race with another pro-racer called 'Ajay Kini'.I was told about the race even before they started and I swore to murder them if they even scraped an mm of my paint.
Quote:
I think the sight of a Swift stuffing itself into a barrier on the last curve scared people.
Ha ha...This guy was driving his swift on those stock 165 JKs and for some reason tried to overtake me in the corner (the one that approaches the bridge)and took the wrong line. I saw the action LIVE on my RVM.I've never seen crashes live and it was very entertaining.
Quote:
Headers had a hair raising time, I think he gota bit high on grass!!!!
U guys literally bit the dust. Get ur car vacuumed!

Last edited by nitrous : 26th March 2007 at 11:26.
Old 26th March 2007, 11:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

The AP reg Honda over took me as well, in a rather tight corner, near the back straight! man, i was like "whaaaat?" any need? anywyas, im sure he pissed off a lot of people!
Old 26th March 2007, 11:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

yeah..Had a GREAT time..over the weekend..

Ajmat's VTEC rocks..revved till 7000 RPM and wanted to do more until the rev limiter had to cut off..awesome experience for me..who has not been on this track much..

Anyway..the ride with Nitrous was also Awesome..i never expected a Stock 1.3 Ikon to handle so well around the corners..we made around 2.45s which was good..

Also took my CRDI on track on Sunday to get a feel of the track having driven with Nitrous and Ajmat the previous day..

will come back soon..with more..
Old 26th March 2007, 13:04   #40
BHPian

nice pics guys which is that car in the background of the picture of tbhp-ians having lunch.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

It seems you guys had a lot of fun whilst i had to run around hospitals & clinics to have my head sorted out. My sincere apologies to Sideways for not keeping my word & cancelling the booking. Just being there would have been a lot of fun. I am sure there is a next time & a next time after that. So i'll be there then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
7. tbhp-ians having lunch

WHAT !!!!! Team-BHPians had to eat helmets & chips for lunch ?? how sad !!

SB & sAP, thanks for the wonderful pics. Keep them coming if you have more.
cheers
Old 26th March 2007, 13:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
WHAT !!!!! Team-BHPians had to eat helmets & chips for lunch ?? how sad !!
Oops, wrong captioning. Actually this was during a short break - chips and peanuts. The lunch provided was veg / mutton biryani.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
nice pics guys which is that car in the background of the picture of tbhp-ians having lunch.
Thats an accord and a baleno. Just kiddin man, its the Honda Integra.

BTW i have LOADS of pics and videos. Videos of the SBK's in action AND AN INCAR video shot by my wife.

I thought my wife wouldn't be able to sit in the car (as my passenger) for more than 1 session considering the heat and the stress but i was wrong. She sat thru all 3 sessions and was actually urging me to push the car harder.

Lil busy till 6pm today so i shall post the pics later on. Videos will be put up tomorrow.

P.S. The ICE setup on the white lancer apparently costs INR 200,000.00

Another car behind it (lancer or honda) had an equally nice setup. The bass was so loud that the entire car was wobbling. LOL.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th March 2007 at 13:37.
Old 26th March 2007, 14:31   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just got back home , boy this track day was indeed fun .. Just wish the earlier schedule had been put into place on saturday also .. Due to back to back sessions and fears of overheating radiators most cars dropped out on sunday too .. The track was still very dusty and off the racing line it was very difficult to not run wide ..

The swift lgb's are the things to drive .. So much power , what handling , if i could only afford a couple of more sessions to get hold of the handling to my liking .. They are much more demanding to drive than the hyundai's .. But the fun factor is like nothing else that can be compared too .. Couldnt try them out after i had a long enough chat with JD trying to refine my lines and get the times down from 1:15:30 ..

Also i did follow the mr2 quite closely .. Sandy was driving its pants off until he had some reliability issues .. Against someone who said here , it was being driven well infact .. Even the Gold City AP registered was being driven quite hard , but the guy knew his lines .. Some rumours that he was running NOS .. As usual KD was at his best in the blue porsche .. The blue EVO was going about its business when JD was driving it otherwise it was quite slow (i mean the driver) .. The 700 bhp skyline was the biggest disappointment of the day seeing it run though its a stunner to look at .. The red boxter also was being driven well on sunday ..

Got a couple of in cabin videos of my car and also the blue carrera in action .. Shall post them up by moro ..

All in all would like to thank farhan , sawan , JD , kripi and the rest of the staff that made this event a success .. We just cant wait to get back to the track ..
Old 26th March 2007, 14:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Nice report and pics.Dont we have any on track pics? Love to see the Skyline ones
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks