Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2007, 11:49   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Adi , i guess you have misunderstood me .. I said there are plans of such an event also .. However we are in the process of conducting a track day at Kari just with the same format as the MMST ..

Also , regarding an organization selecting members is quite easy .. Just as an eg , If Sag Racing were to select candidates it would be memo45 , v1p3r , psycho and myself(hopefully if coll gives perm) .. We have amongst us about 8 drivers out of which psycho might be at sole discretion to pick the drivers to represent Sag .. Similarly with other groups .. Its not that hard to pick a handful of good drivers from a group and yes it would be solely on driver talent and shall be unbiased .. It may not make sense to most , but the only point of such an event would be all out racing , extreme track testing etc where we wouldnt want the PROS (includes rally champions , ex track drivers etc) not to be held up by the slow goers or make it dangerous for the new comers with cars flying all around the inside , outside , late braking etc .. The primary cause of this is concern and well being of all out there ..

Also , i dont think you are quite aware but bangalore boys have been frequently visiting the MMST off the radar .. We came during the last race of the single seators to test memo's baleno with the new suspension setup .. Two months later we once again were track bound when memo crashed his car and we had to return back to bangalore .. Prior to that too , i remember amitoj , tadu , ajmat , psycho , v1p3r , memo , myself a quite a few others came to the track .. Albeit most were unofficial without rental cars or marshalls or ambulances .. On count i have come to the MMST 8 times out of which there were only 3 Officially held track days ??

Also , if were to club both the events then we would club it in such a way that both the newcomers to Kari and the other group will either run alternatively in sessions or group them into two sessions with each occupying same number of hours .. But for this we need huge turnout to render it workable .. The only advantage of having a select panel of drivers would be that each would be able to shell out huge amounts of money basically from a particular group etc just to enhance their drivers skills ..

Like i said , the plan is still in its infancy .. There is a lot more thinking process that has to go into it .. Right now we are chalking out deals for mechanics , spare parts and someone who could sponsor us tyres at a fair price ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho
If anyone wants to practise advanced driving / race practice I would reccomend that we can have a seperate advanced drivers track meet but not a trackday with everybody on track, this would also mean that the cars & drivers participating will need to be way more safety oriented.
Yes saaar .. This is exactly what is being planned .. Though we are working on clubbing the two events in order to make it workable , offordable , safe for all .. If you read my first post i said two separate events would be held .. One being a track day where any one and everyone can drive .. Secondly a race practice of sorts where drivers would be invited .. By clubbing the two events it would make viewing all the more interesting .. Now whether it has to be session vice alternatively or branch it out to morning and afternoon session equally spaced is the question .. Now keeping safety in mind a decision on whether the event should be clubbed or held as two separate events shall be taken shortly ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th March 2007 at 11:56.
Old 30th March 2007, 13:37   #17
sAP
BHPian

Pass up the names please

Who exactly are the people accountable for this upcoming *event*? As the question implies, I am looking for names.

sAP
Old 30th March 2007, 14:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sap,Its clear that Mclaren is the Man!
Old 30th March 2007, 14:32   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
Who exactly are the people accountable for this upcoming *event*? As the question implies, I am looking for names.

sAP
Well i have been given the task of just talking to the track authorities to hire the track .. The whole show is being managed by someone else .. And i dont think he would appreciate his name being put here .. Sorry fellas .. And guys i dont think anyones depriving you guys of anything .. Once a concrete plan is made i shall let you guys know the details for the general participation ..
Old 30th March 2007, 14:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

What I understand is that Stumpy and Mystery man are trying to organize an unofficial circuit race at Kari. Simple.

Last edited by nitrous : 30th March 2007 at 15:02.
Old 30th March 2007, 16:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

What does it take to organise an unofficial one at MMSC - interms of cost ? I do not mind driving down to CBE and money is also not really an issue, but time is what one is always short of. Plus having to explain this to family (esp. for the married ones). On the other hand, MMSC is like 30kms away - go there, drive and be back in the evening.

God surely is one great leveller - B'lore gets the nice weather, but then we get the race track.
Old 30th March 2007, 16:11   #22
Team-BHP Support

None of the circuits will allow you to organise an unofficial race. It has far greater consequences for them then you think.
Rtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2007, 16:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

No one is talking about a race, Rtech.

SB, MMST charges 1k for half a day of driving. You can do whatever you want, and it's on your head. If you damage their property, you pay. Dunno about Kari.
Old 30th March 2007, 16:27   #24
Team-BHP Support

I was referring to Nitrous's post above.

There's nothing official or unofficial about a track day! It's not a competition. Not sure where this term has come up from! Heck, if someone or a group of people want to hire out a circuit to drive on, anyone can. So what's official and unofficial? Unless you are talking about a simple arrive-pay-drive a few laps-leave system as unofficial (which still doesn't make sense though!)?
Rtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2007, 18:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Official or unofficial, lets just get there and drive. BTW, what happens to guys like me who don't have a team to represent? Is it mandatory for the teams to be associated with automobile tuning?

I don't mind being one of the drivers', representing "TEAM-BHP", hehe.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 30th March 2007 at 18:42.
Old 30th March 2007, 18:57   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Shan2nu
shantanu you could represent the privateers .. However question being what car will you be driving ??

And RT , official track day is one where you have marshalls , ambulances etc and an unofficial one doesnt (where anything counts).. Thats how we classify it ..
Old 30th March 2007, 20:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I represent young enthusiasts;=)

Sideways,..got any info for me??
Old 30th March 2007, 20:12   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
I represent young enthusiasts;=)
You bet , with a clutch that doesnt work , tyres that read 165/80/13 you certainly qualify for the new generation of enthu's .. I love this spirit ..
Old 30th March 2007, 21:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You bet , with a clutch that doesnt work , tyres that read 165/80/13 you certainly qualify for the new generation of enthu's .. I love this spirit ..
Obviously you love this spirit. Two months ago that description would have fitted you!
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2007, 19:11   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Ideally, the Vtec would make perfect sense but i've already done that last time. So, this time i'm planning on getting the Innova. It ain't gonna set the track on fire, but anyone who's driven an Innova on the limit, will agree that it's not as bad as it looks.

Shan2nu
Not quite sure the organizers would quite appreciate seeing an innova on track (no offense i love the innova too) .. Im really sorry but i suggest you get the VTEC .. Like i mentioned earlier rules are being set and are pretty strict on WHAT , WHO is driving ..

Most Viewed