Team-BHP - Racing on track with SUVs, Minivans and Tallboys
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Racing on track with SUVs, Minivans and Tallboys (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/22925-racing-track-suvs-minivans-tallboys.html)

Quote:

shantanu you could represent the privateers .. However question being what car will you be driving ??
Ideally, the Vtec would make perfect sense but i've already done that last time. So, this time i'm planning on getting the Innova. It ain't gonna set the track on fire, but anyone who's driven an Innova on the limit, will agree that it's not as bad as it looks.

Shan2nu

Stumpy, Shan2nu just told that he is not planning the Innova for the mystery circuit race.
He's planning for a fun-filled joy ride ,track day at either MMST or Kari Speedway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 403095)
Stumpy, Shan2nu just told that he is not planning the Innova for the mystery circuit race.
He's planning for a fun-filled joy ride ,track day at either MMST or Kari Speedway.

Nitrous i kindly request you to read once before posting .. In reply to the mystery race (as u mentioned) shan asked if he could represent tbhp .. Thats when i asked depends on what car you would be driving .. Im guess this reply is to that question .. Cant understand why you guys are getting so cheezed off with this entire thing .. I really think we are going way off topic here , unless you want the mods to intervene and lock this thread .. I suggest you start a new topic on this or wait until there is some concrete info on such an event ..

No prob, i can always get the Innova for our regular track day meets. In any case, the Vtec would be by far, the easier car to talk my dad into taking it on track.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 403255)
No prob, i can always get the Innova for our regular track day meets. In any case, the Vtec would be by far, the easier car to talk my dad into taking it on track.

Shan2nu

:Shockked: Innova... Which one is it.. The petrol or Diesel.. Will it be able to handle the curves??..

Godfather

Quote:

Innova... Which one is it.. The petrol or Diesel.. Will it be able to handle the curves??..
It's the 2ltr 136bhp petrol version. The handling is pretty good that way. It's only when the tarmac is wet that you need to remember it's a RWD. Revv matching needs to be perfect or else the rear tends to slide out.

Shan2nu

SHAN2NU behind the wheels of an Innova...hmm...very interesting...he will definitely be quicker than some of the most highly acclaimed tongue rockets among us here!!!LOLzzzzzzz...

Sliding is preferable to body roll. Of course, that's just me.

V1P3R - dude, you really need to sleep more!

Hows the prep for the pay and practice day going? have we fixed the venue for Chennai or Kari?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 404610)
SHAN2NU behind the wheels of an Innova...hmm...very interesting...he will definitely be quicker than some of the most highly acclaimed tongue rockets among us here!!!LOLzzzzzzz...

And most likely to roll over too lol: .. Just kidding .. Unless he has competition from sumit .. Or maybe themag sitting in vidyut's lancer ..
Madan - No use .. He is nocturnal ..

Stumpy and Mystery Man must come up with the dates for the Mystery circuit race.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 404952)
And most likely to roll over too lol: ..

I donno if you have driven an innova before..coz in my opinion it aint that easy to topple an innova coz it slides fairly easily to do the topple stunt. A couple of size upgrades on tyres and it should be much more easier!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 405444)
I donno if you have driven an innova before..coz in my opinion it aint that easy to topple an innova coz it slides fairly easily to do the topple stunt. A couple of size upgrades on tyres and it should be much more easier!

Yes i have driven an innova and even managed to get it up on 3 wheels (yes it was running upgraded rubber and the situation was unintentional due to moronic drunk tractor driver).. Just visit Ravindu once and check out the number of toppled innovas ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 405444)

The problem comes with upgraded rubber. The suspension is soft, and better gripping rubber will actually root the wheels to the ground. At the same time roll will increase to tipping point. I've seen this on Qualises. Stock Qualis around a turn can easily be made to hang its tail out. But a Qualis with 215 R15s is unnerving because the wheels stay planted while the body rolls like crazy.

you just cant topple a car..easily..it will first skid and it has to hit an obstacle while on the skid..for any side/ wheel to lift off and then topple over..

Also..lifting a wheel is much easier than toppling a car..

Most of the topple comes because of the vehicle coming in CONTACT with some object/vehicle/person and hence the wheel lift / side lift etcc..

Hope the point is clear..