Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2007, 15:31   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
No Khaadu, it was still on a CS. We were comng down some mountain - cant remeber the nmae right now. NK, do you remeber where Bijoy went off ?

Oh yeah, the drops, I didnt look outta my window even once - Brrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!

One more thing I forgot to mention - BLACK ICE. It's a thin sheet of transparent ice which forms on top of the road. You hit this at high speed and you are a gonner. Keep your eyes peeled for black ice.
Sideways , I dunnop but I remember TT coming to dads farm which is near Luhri ( where u cross over into Kullu ) and told him that an accident had happened and he needed to get the vehicle towed to our place for safe keeping . And from what dad said .. it went down near a place called Badrash , right by the Sutluj !! I cud be wrong though ... and the CS before that was the Baggi - BAdrash section .

NK@ do you have a better idea where the first one went of ???

Cheers
Old 4th May 2007, 15:52   #47
BHPian

Last years Stats

Entries

Extreme 4 wheelers (includes SUV's And Cars) - 30
Extreme Bikers (All bikes run only in this format) - 36
Relaibility 4 wheelers (includes SUV's and Cars) - 34

TOTAL - 100

Finishers

Extreme 4 wheelers (includes SUV's And Cars) - 17
Extreme Bikers (All bikes run only in this format) - 12
Relaibility 4 wheelers (includes SUV's and Cars) - 21

TOTAL - 50

Survival Rate

Extreme 4 wheelers (includes SUV's And Cars) - 57%
Extreme Bikers (All bikes run only in this format) - 33%
Relaibility 4 wheelers (includes SUV's and Cars) - 62%

Overall Survival Rate

50%

Last edited by Sideways : 4th May 2007 at 15:54.
Old 4th May 2007, 16:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Goes without asking .... , the rear seat wud be empty -- so hop on , and then hold tight !!!!
Actually as a second thought - No Thank you. I'd rather walk
Old 4th May 2007, 16:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Sideways , I dunnop but I remember TT coming to dads farm which is near Luhri ( where u cross over into Kullu ) and told him that an accident had happened and he needed to get the vehicle towed to our place for safe keeping . And from what dad said .. it went down near a place called Badrash , right by the Sutluj !! I cud be wrong though ... and the CS before that was the Baggi - BAdrash section .

NK@ do you have a better idea where the first one went of ???

Cheers
I can't seem to remember exactly but it was somewhere near Badrash. I remember that we had just hit a patch of extremely curvy but pure tarmac after the rough and tough climb and descent at the Jalori Pass. A lot of people got real excited with the sight of the tarmac after a frustratingly long and hard time at Jalori. Here is Bijoy's version of the events:

[COLOR=#333333]Bag that! - Bijoy Kumar Y - Business Standard Motoring Blogs[/COLOR]
Old 4th May 2007, 16:42   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Actually as a second thought - No Thank you. I'd rather walk
And ud make me feel guilty for the rest of my life .... !!! Promise Id get you back to base without a change in your physical appearance ......
Old 5th May 2007, 09:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
nk!
and what mods are needed?is it madness to take a new car out there?
There was an article on BSmotoring which featured a modded lancer for this rally. They spent over close to 35 lakhs on modification plus original car price.
Old 7th May 2007, 06:24   #52

khaadu, nk & sideways....thanks for the super post on tips and experiences on the Raid...
I am a novice when it comes to rallying and hopefully Raid 2007 will be my first ever Rally of any sort..(keeping fingers crossed so that my office schedule does'nt play spoilsport)...
I do have the credit of watching the Raid 2006 as a hitch ride spectator...thanks to many friends from the media/organisers who helped me...yes i just flw in from Blore at the last moment and decided to follow the Raid...while doing so I doubled up as a photographer for my friend Manoj Vaidya's Fiat Palio which came 3rd among cars in the reliability category...

Here are some pics I clicked which portray both the imposing beauty and the trecherous terrain that one encounters in the Raid...this is my first pic upload and hope it works...

Cheers!

Last edited by Samurai : 7th May 2007 at 09:20. Reason: expanding images
Old 7th May 2007, 11:11   #53
BANNED

NICE PICS ..... and wish you all the luck in getting yourself to being a competitor in this years event .

How about some more pics ...
Old 8th May 2007, 17:39   #54
BHPian

Nice pics WhiteAttraction. Go ahead and do the Raid this year. Let nothing stop you from getting a scintillating experience. Trust me, it made us learn a lot about ourselves (i.e. me & my wife). When everything in life is rosy, everything seems perfect. But its only when things get real tough, you come to know how you react to adversities. Whether you stand up and get counted, or run away at the first hint of adversity.
you don't get to see a side to yourself
Old 8th May 2007, 17:59   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
There was an article on BSmotoring which featured a modded lancer for this rally. They spent over close to 35 lakhs on modification plus original car price.
Hey Mayavi, don't scare the s*** out of him man.

Doctorkats: It would really depend on your budget. I have seen people do the Raid on bone-stock road cars (me included). But after the experience I have gained, I would never advise anyone to do it on a stock road car. At the bare minimum, you need to get good off-road tyres, raised suspension (if you are not on an SUV), underbody protection (a must). Rest is up to you, you can get a roll cage, racing seats, seat belt with racing harnesses, etc. etc.

PS: I am referring to the Adventure Trial (formerly Reliability) category, and not the Extreme. If you are doing Extreme, there is a list of mandatory mods available on the Raid website.
Old 10th May 2007, 13:46   #56

@ Madan, NK

This is the 800 (1997, carb.) that I drove at the 2005 Raid.
We finished 10th in the Reliability Trial.

Shuchi Thakur.

Last edited by Samurai : 10th May 2007 at 14:35. Reason: Fixing image link
Old 11th May 2007, 00:22   #57
BHPian

I have sent my office colleagues the link to this thread and they're absolutely blown away by the discussion as well as the pics...and I actually feel like small celebrity , the guy whose friends go on beautiful + treacherous raids with their small/big cars! This is one the best posts i've ever read...keep it up all y'all!
Old 11th May 2007, 10:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
I have sent my office colleagues the link to this thread and they're absolutely blown away by the discussion as well as the pics...and I actually feel like small celebrity , the guy whose friends go on beautiful + treacherous raids with their small/big cars! This is one the best posts i've ever read...keep it up all y'all!
Highwayblaze: If you thought this made you a celebrity, then hit the big time with these:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-pictures.html

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/24627/...ng-skills.html

H* I* M* A* L* A* Y* A* N*** M* O* T* O* R* S* P* O* R* T

Enjoy.
Old 20th May 2007, 11:34   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Nice pics WhiteAttraction. Go ahead and do the Raid this year. Let nothing stop you from getting a scintillating experience. Trust me, it made us learn a lot about ourselves (i.e. me & my wife). When everything in life is rosy, everything seems perfect. But its only when things get real tough, you come to know how you react to adversities. Whether you stand up and get counted, or run away at the first hint of adversity.
you don't get to see a side to yourself
Thanks Khaadu, NK..am really looking forward to the RDH 07 this year....hope it works out...
NK, it will be great to hear some of your experiences, challenges you faced & at the position you finished.
Old 21st May 2007, 10:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seismic View Post
@ Madan, NK

This is the 800 (1997, carb.) that I drove at the 2005 Raid.
We finished 10th in the Reliability Trial.

Shuchi Thakur.

Man, hats off to you. Looks like a lot of fun as well...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks