Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2004, 15:45   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]thats abt Kunal. and what abt the S2000 and Neville's Mustang???
The S2000 is not a patch on the SL55 AMG. One of the reasons is that it is a very very very difficult car in which to get the launch right. The S2000 forums www.s2ki.com insist on dropping the clutch at 7000 rpm!! Surprising not too many people know that...even Karun Chandok. Its an amazing car, but in addition to being a good driver, you have to understand the S2000's behavioral characteristics to kill in a 1/4 mile drag.

The Mustang...No ways, Its too darn slow (compared to the SL55 AMG unless Neville returns with a bigger shot of NOS. But then I doubt that the drivetrain will be able to sustain such a powerful thrust. Remember, its a 20 year old American car.

Rishabh, my votes on you for emerging champion of the Drag. Call autocar @ 022-24152727/8. If you cant get through here, call the Delhi office @ 011-26173206

GTO
Old 17th March 2004, 15:46   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

And Rehaan,

The picture that you have provided is worth its weight in gold (Sorry, kb in gold)

GTO
Old 17th March 2004, 16:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hey RG you could try going down to their office at Parel

Cheers
Old 17th March 2004, 16:10   #49
BHPian

Hey Guys just spoke to Zavareh and he told me tht the Insurance thing cost 900 Rs per 1000 CC's including the Personal Insurance of 200,000 ???? He was busy that time but he told me that to go to Oriental Insurance to find out more. Now this is really Strange but Many of the People wont really know how to go about this Race License thing. I think Autocar should write down some more details regarding this on their Forms to make theirs and the Racers Job Easier. I again informed my Mechanic to find out in Oriental Insurance Company what the hell is the Premium? I will get an anwser by tomm Mornin. Also the License which I said had to be sent to Chennai well theres an Office in Mumbai above Liberty Cinema sooo will do the Needfull there. Will keep you'll Updated.
Old 17th March 2004, 16:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hey the S2000 is no match for the SL55 unless it's been tuned. the Evo6 might get a bit competitive.

i don't think you should have any probs winning the drag re. Unless the Supra from blore omes, that thing can do early 12 sec runs and by now he might have got used to the car. the same guy did mention about getting a 8-9 sec Skyline. i don't think that'll happen.

Regards..
Shan2nu
Old 17th March 2004, 16:29   #51
Team-BHP Support

Hey RG,

Yes, Id say that you have an incredibly good chance of winning. The Evo-6 will be competition, but depending on just how insane the mods that Kunal Kapoor has up his sleeve are. Im trying to find out what tweaks he is upto...will let u guys know when i find out.

However, one car which will pose a threat, but thats if it shows up, it the viper!! King of the quarter mile. Though it will take some expertise to launch that car perfectly!!

In the end it will be a game of luck and driver skill.

RG, are u planning on keeping ESP on or off? I would probably keep it on as the lanes arent too wide and its quite an expensive toy you have there! plus ESP doesnt seem to harm the timings, and in this case is more likely to improve them.

GTO - im just glad that article came into use! ;-]

cya.
Rehaan.
Old 17th March 2004, 16:30   #52
BHPian

Hey that guy is on the market for selling his Supra Hes askin for 29 Lakhs with QUOTED 812 BHP. Most Powerful Engine in INDIA !!!!!!!!! And if hes selling I dont think he will ruin it more. Rather he must be preserving whatever's left of the Engine.
Old 17th March 2004, 16:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

812bhp??? the last i heard of that car, it had 750bhp. My neighbour is a good friend of Asif Ahmed and has been in that car. He claims, Asif touched 240kmph on the ring road within a few secs.

There's another Silver Supra here that claims having 600+bhp.

These guys not only have the money but also the time and the right people to get their cars tuned for optimum performace.

At 29 lakhs, it think the Supra would be a good deal, depending on the condition of the engine.

If he's selling the Supra, it can mean only one thing........"The Skyline is on it's way"

At 9-10 secs, even the Enzo won't be able to do much.

And yeah RG, you're car should touch around 174-177kmph for a time of 12.9secs.

This is how i calculate 3600 / drag time / 1.6 = terminal speed. I don't know how i came up with that formula but it works, damn well.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 17th March 2004, 17:11   #54
BHPian

Well the News is out that its 812 BUT maybe 750 mite be rite. And he hasnt yet ordered the Nissan as yet (thts the rumor)
Old 17th March 2004, 17:15   #55
BHPian

Rehaan I think Ill see which setting is the BEST. But 1st will be without Traction...... Then I will see whts the Difference between the Runs. Also will lay down a good amount of rubber first...
Old 17th March 2004, 21:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

man i am getting the feeling that this speedrun is going to be a little damp. unless they somehow manage to sort all the confusion out. otherwise all in all it would be great fun to get the exoticas burning some rubber. i just can't wait to catch a site of the skyline, though i think that car is worth more than 400m runs.
but then, again, i don't want to sound like im complaining.
Hey RG, your SL 55 will have a manual mode along with the automatic shift right? or is it a manual? if it does, are you going to be using the manual or let the computer do it's job? the mercedes auto trannies are pretty efficient at their going. but then im clueless here really.
also having the ESp on will probably help you get a better start right?
let me know dude.

hey guys you going to be at the speedrun? i really hope to have good company this time around.
Old 17th March 2004, 23:25   #57
BHPian

Hey Petrol Head,
How u doin? Well yea the SL has an Semi Auto Mode. But all it does is make it 35% more faster than normal Auto mode. So it Revs more changes Gears Late. And well I dont know how much difference it will make with the Traction off but I sure will find out on the Practice Runs
Old 18th March 2004, 01:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hey Phead most of us will be there at the Speed Run so hope to catch you there

Cheers
Old 18th March 2004, 02:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

That would be awesome man.
RG, 496 BHP should make it an absolute breeze, i reckon.
Old 18th March 2004, 02:54   #60
BHPian

Lets Hope So. Keeping my fingers Crossed. Hey guys Im meeting this lady from the Motorsports India Company tomorrow. She has everything needed for the Drag Race Requirements. All under 1 roof. Its going to make the JOB much easier to register. Thanks alot u guys for all the help. Hope to see every1 of ull there rooting for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks