Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2022, 13:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to get a Formula E race?

Formula E trial run to be held in Hyderabad on Nov 19

India will be hosting a Formula E race next year. It will be held at a street circuit alongside the Hussainsagar Lake in Hyderabad.

Hyderabad to get a Formula E race?-whatsapp-image-20221122-20.10.58.jpeg

As a build-up to the main event, an Indian Racing League (IRL) race has been organized on November 19-20, 2022. It will also serve as a trial run for Formula E.

The 2.83 km racetrack winds through NTR Gardens and consists of 17 turns. Initially, the organizers had planned for a 2.38 km track, which was later revised to the present layout.

The Formula E Season 9 kicks off on January 14 in Mexico City. Hyderabad will host Round 4 on February 11, 2023.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd November 2022 at 21:26.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 13:20   #17
BHPian

A street circuit in India? Seriously? When literally NONE of the roads in our country are pothole-free (or) undulation free, a race event to be held on a street circuit here is ridiculous and atrocious. I totally understand, agree, and support if the race was held on any of the race tracks. I don't see any reason why a race event should be conducted on an enclosed street circuit in India.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 13:52   #18

Last driving back home was such a nightmare due to this event. I do not understand who in a saneful state of mind decided to hold this in the middle of the city which is essential to connect east and west parts of Hyderabad. Some much waste of time and money of all the commuters.
Linuskm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 18:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
A street circuit in India? Seriously? When literally NONE of the roads in our country are pothole-free (or) undulation free, a race event to be held on a street circuit here is ridiculous and atrocious. I totally understand, agree, and support if the race was held on any of the race tracks. I don't see any reason why a race event should be conducted on an enclosed street circuit in India.
While i agree with you on the stupidity of closing a busy street for this event, they have patched up all the bumps and made the tarmac smooth for tomorrow's event. The repair work was done over the past 10 days.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 22:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
While i agree with you on the stupidity of closing a busy street for this event, they have patched up all the bumps and made the tarmac smooth for tomorrow's event. The repair work was done over the past 10 days.
That's exactly what I mean. Why spend lakhs and crores of money on this when NONE of the other roads are in good shape, especially during this monsoon time? There are dedicated roads (tracks) for such races and there is no dearth of such tracks in India.
Old 19th November 2022, 12:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
especially during this monsoon time? .
Winter has set in at Hyderabad, it hasn't been the monsoon for upwards of a month at least. 3 race tracks (only one of them being an FIA grade 1) is hardly an abundance. The event brings eyeballs and potential investment to the state and the city. Would this be my choice of a street circuit, maybe not but there is a very high cultural significance to this route they've selected to host the race and that is worth admiring.

Also worth mentioning is the ground-level interest in motorsports a street circuit has the potential to generate.
2legit2quit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 16:23   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Formula E trial run to be held in Hyderabad on Nov 19
Isn't it misleading to say this a Formula E test? From all that I have read online, this is an Indian Racing League event which is being held on a similar track layout as the one which could be used by Formula E in February next year.

No Formula E cars will be driven on the street circuit this weekend, so why call it a trial run?

Even the news headline on T-BHP should be tweaked, it had me all excited but also puzzled.
Old 21st November 2022, 10:50   #23
BHPian

I went to see the event on 19 and 20th. We witnessed at least 3 accidents and it was a mess. No one got hurt but cars were damaged.

Both Men and Women participated in the event. The barricades were so tall and think, it was not at all a friendly watch.

The event was cancelled yesterday without completing.

This was a trial run before the actual event scheduled to happen in Feb 2023.
VALLURIS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 19:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad E-Prix tickets on sale, Prices range between Rs 1,000-10,000.

The tickets can be booked online on BookMyShow, and AceNxtGen

Name:  20230104051005_Hyderabad_E_Prix_Tickets.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  63.7 KB

Hyderabad to get a Formula E race?-track_v1.png

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th January 2023 at 20:02.
Old 5th January 2023, 19:04   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALLURIS View Post
I went to see the event on 19 and 20th. We witnessed at least 3 accidents and it was a mess. No one got hurt but cars were damaged.
Any idea on which seats have a good view, I assume the grandstands will be the same for the Formula E race as well ? Street races tend to have the problem with barriers and safety nets obstructing the view, wanted to see if you have any tips based on your experience.

I assume FMSCI will be responsible for race marshals, does anyone know how that's happening? For the Indian F1 GP 10 years ago a call for volunteers went out and I got a chance to be a marshal, I am curious if that opportunity is coming up for this race as well?

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th January 2023 at 19:52. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Trimmed quoted post.
GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 11:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Formula E delivered $84m Boost To Hyderabad's Economy. The economic study was conducted by Nielsen Sports Analysis.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to get a Formula E race?-f2gh1u6wgaawcui.jpg  

Old 28th December 2023, 10:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

FIA Formula E says it is concerned the upcoming 2024 Hyderabad EPrix (scheduled for Feb 10) "will not be able to go ahead as planned".

Here's the full statement:

Hyderabad to get a Formula E race?-20231228_104423.jpg

Link

Most Viewed