Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 19:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Superb news for all F1 lovers!

Wherever the Race track will be, hope it is easily reachable by Train & Air and has lotz of Hotels to accomodate the huge F1 fans in India!
Old 14th June 2007, 19:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yeah - its conditional - only if the infrastructure etc is ready and upto what F1 expects. So many a slip, yeah.
Venue - would prefer a non metro, non large city, ideally. Maybe a little off Lonavala, or Himalayan foothills. Racing genes wise - Coimbatore - decent climate for a lot of the year, decently connected, and a decently moneyed local crowd too.

Not Delhi. Too hot. Too dusty. Too crowded. Too big. Too Delhi
Old 14th June 2007, 19:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
No - Anything but clear!

why does the Indian Olympic Committee have to be involved with Formula 1? As far as i know F1 is still not an Olympic sport. <and I'm being sarcastic here>
Maybe there's no formal F1 committee in India yet?
Old 14th June 2007, 19:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how many people will actually go and see the race considering the ticket prices that are very high and the fact that serious motorsports fans are stilll very very low in numbers.
Old 14th June 2007, 20:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Finally it has happened and I'm sure a certtain Mr. Mallya has something to do with it. They havent mentioned the venue yet though. If there is an Indian GP from 2009, I know where a once a year trip will be that year onwards

I really like this man, Mr. Mallaya. He always does things, which other can't think off. If I am not wrong, he got a sword of Tipu Sultan in auction held in London. There are other people in India like Ambani, Tata but anyone has ever dare to do anything like this.
Old 14th June 2007, 20:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

I think the venue is going to be Delhi and its not going to be a street race. They are going to build a race track
pitpass - the latest, hottest F1 & A1GP news
Old 14th June 2007, 22:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

It better be a race track.. Street race in India will be a nightmare scenario.. crowd control will be really tough. Freeloaders will end up gate crashing instead of paying spectators.
Old 14th June 2007, 22:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
so after chennai and coimbatore, delhi will get a track too!!!!!

manson.
I dont know if delhi is getting a track or will delhi become the 2nd city after Monaco to have a city track which runs along parliament and all..
Old 14th June 2007, 22:22   #39
BHPian

Well a proper race circuit would be difficult and expensive to build here in Delhi. Moreover, the charm of a street circuit on the Rajpath and adjoining Lutyens would be unmatched. The machines and the the roads around the India Gate would a spectacle to watch out for...
Old 14th June 2007, 22:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Well a proper race circuit would be difficult and expensive to build here in Delhi. Moreover, the charm of a street circuit on the Rajpath and adjoining Lutyens would be unmatched. The machines and the the roads around the India Gate would a spectacle to watch out for...
it would be the perfect choice..
Old 14th June 2007, 22:55   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

This is cheerful news. But I guarantee they wont schedule it in summer - no F1 car or its driver was designed for that heat. Most likely during winter.
Old 14th June 2007, 23:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
This is cheerful news. But I guarantee they wont schedule it in summer - no F1 car or its driver was designed for that heat. Most likely during winter.
Well that could possibly mean either Delhi is the first race of the calender yr or the last!!
Old 15th June 2007, 00:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Well I seriously hope this happens. But in 2009 ? ? or was it a typo , should be closer to 2019 , the way everything functions here.

And in Delhi ? Forget getting passes - all will be picked by the politicians and their cronies. Well - we could watch it in a Delhi Pub though

IMAGINE THIS - The safety car will come out 20 laps into the race , because the PM has arrived and he has to be greeted with flowers and speeches on a specially constructed dias. . Another 10 laps and some one else turns up and the SC is back out again. The politicians get a special walk through the pits where the photographers go crazy clicking the PM with F1 cars. Yes the possibilities are endless I can see.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 15th June 2007 at 00:58.
Old 15th June 2007, 00:55   #44
BHPian

Guys it may be a night race also. But whatever it is the good news was long impending. But still I have big doubts of the finance as IOA seemed to rely heavily on private sector, so basically things are back to square one.
Old 15th June 2007, 01:34   #45
BANNED

Guys, Though this really is good news but as someone else pointed out .. a lot still needs to happen for us to start planning a mega national F1 meet in Delhi . Knowing our politicians , or then maybe its time I did get into politics -- any idea where the Congress HQs are !!

I promise to all BHPians .. banned or present or future that I shall get them free passes for the pit lane , and the BEST seats in the house plus a drive in the winners car before it goes in for the post race scrutiny . So pls support me , and in return I shall make your dreams come true ...

On a serious note ... a street race is the best option that Delhi has but the dates for the race have to be very carefully selected . Winters shud be gud but with fog creating havoc at the airports , some cars cud be coming landing after the event is over or then maybe not being able to get away in time to make it for the next race . In summers ... whoa -- I don't even want to imagine what it wud be like for the cars and the spectators unless we set up a sprinkler system around the track to make it the first official rain event like the one in Hungary '06( i think so ) , where a lot of action happened due to the rain .

Also maybe Mr.Kalmadi has a brain wave and decides that it will only happen if Bernie promises to let 2 Indians drive in the race ... though I seriously wonder how Kalmadis name popped up -- maybe they should do a dope test on him and see if he's clean enuff to even be part of the organising committee .

Anyways, on a serious note ..... lets just keep our fingers crossed that it does materialise -- the only reason why I feel it might happen is coz the man I support almost every night ' KINGFISHER MAN ' and the present CM of Delhi are keen for it to happen . Lets just hope the Congress stays in power till it happens , both at the Centre and in Delli !!!

BRING IT ON BERNIE .............
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks