Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:12   #46
BHPian

I am not driving the K1000 IronWolf. I have a job at all INRC events and that is to manage Team MRF.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:08   #47
BHPian

I am posting the comments of the students who attended the course.
This guy has never rallied before but is heading for the raid this year.
He came in from Kerala driving and attended the novice course.

"About by experience at the rally school was indeed superb, infact no words to appreciate your

professionalism and above all your tolerance and patience which I definetly would like to

appreciate, driving back home your tips were very handy as i handling the steering the way u told me"

Thanking You

Rajesh C
Kannur
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:14   #48
BHPian

This is what Hari Nambiar from Pune had to say.

"I was useless to the world at large for a period of two weeks. Reason was pretty simple. I had enrolled for the rally school conducted by Jagat Nanjappa at Bangalore and the thought of doing what I had drooled over for many years had made me as excitable as a puppy on a hot tin roof. At last the day arrived and I walked in and met the man himself. A naturally friendly and accessible person, Jagat instantly put you at ease. By then a few more folks had poured in and we were a bunch of wide eyed boys wanting to be the next bunch of Loeb’s and Nanjappa’s. But nothing prepared me for what was to unfold on that day. We started towards an empty dirt track near ITPL in a convoy of cars after finishing the formalities at the FRK racing.

The school began by Jagat giving us an insider’s view of a rally car and the engineering and preparations that went into the making of one. This was followed by acclimatizing ourselves with the dirt track by walking on it. Once the basics were out of the way, we were told to get ready for timed practice laps. Yours truly got the chance to go first with Jagat as the navigator. This was my first ever drive in a rally car and it felt absolutely weird and the feeling was aggravated by having a personality like Jagat sitting beside. I completed my round and waited for Jagat to give me feedback. I guess there is certain helplessness when an Issac Newton had to interact with mere mortals and converse calculus. I felt the same emotions going through Jagat’s face as he tried to convey corrections to me. Things like racing line, grip, smooth shifts, lift off’s etc were alien to me as far as Jagat was concerned and he drove home the point in no uncertain terms.
I got more and more practice laps and corrections. As the day progressed, I was slowly but surely improving. My times became better and better and the wild driving that I had started off with was settling down into a more rhythmic style. The fear of going sideways had started vanishing slowly. The Nanjappa racing Foundation had made sure lunch and snacks were provided on time, which made sure that our sugar levels stayed intact for a hard days work.

Meanwhile, all this nice practice was interrupted by a few busted drive shafts because of some hard driving. But the service crew was at hand and took care of repair jobs in quick time. This made sure that we never wasted time and were constantly doing something or the other. At the end of the day, Jagat had left an indelible mark on me and I only wished that I could follow his advice and practice diligently to become a better rally driver."

Note From Mod - Please avoid posting posts with HTML tags. See how to do that at this link.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd July 2007 at 12:23. Reason: Please see the note i have added in your post.
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:54   #49
BHPian

btw, Hari Nambiar (from the previous post) is Megazoid on the forum

Great going !
Old 15th December 2007, 14:59   #50
BHPian

hi..well.. can someone enlighten me on when the next rally school will be held in bangalore?
Old 24th December 2007, 08:05   #51
BHPian

Jagat Nanjappa . Awesome !! Welcome Sir , great to have u here! when will ur next batch start?
Old 31st January 2008, 09:11   #52
BHPian

Rally School

The next session for novice drivers is on the 16th of Feb.
Interested people can contact me on jagatonwheels@gmail or call me on 9448479703. Cheers.
Old 4th February 2008, 23:57   #53
BHPian

hello SIR Jagat

hi Jagat
You are my hero since my infant days since i started to speak about cars (5yrs)since then i know good to hear you on this site I used to boast to my friends that i have seen you and also repaired your tatamobile (blue in colour) and now one more reason to boast. thanking you please reply

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th February 2008 at 09:01. Reason: Please avoid SMS language as per TBHP rules. U = You, ur = your from now on please.
Old 12th February 2008, 07:48   #54
BHPian

Good to here from you Mr. Fastcar.
I used to drive a red Tatamobile.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:10   #55
BHPian

The next course for novice drivers is on the 3rd of May. Interested people can get in touch.
Old 25th April 2008, 02:52   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagat nanjappa View Post
The next course for novice drivers is on the 3rd of May. Interested people can get in touch.
Hi Jagat,

Could you post some pictures / videos from the last session(s), those will be great to see and will help generate more interest as well.

cya
R
Old 25th April 2008, 06:16   #57
PVS
BHPian

Hi Jagat

Great to see you on the forum and a warm welcome, albeit a bit too late!!

As many others on this forum had already pointed out, both of you (Jagat & Anita Nanjappa) were a source of inspiration for many a biker! It was really exciting watching the both of you zip around on the powerful RD 350 at amazing speeds, in the late 80s and early 90s.

I recollect having read an article about Anita in a magazine -
apparently she's now moved on from the world of rallying and is managing a homestay in the vicinity of Mercara?? Correct me if I am wrong.

Here's wishing the both of you all the very best in your future endeavours!!!
Old 25th April 2008, 09:29   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagat nanjappa View Post
Good to here from you Mr. Fastcar.
I used to drive a red Tatamobile.
Yes, i've seen your Red Tatamobile with the bike tied up at the back.....and i still see you often in Kammanahalli when i come for service.

Old 28th April 2008, 13:11   #59
Team-BHP Support

I'm in, although I'm a grumpy old man, I'm willing to learn, again and again and again

any other BHP'ians coming ?
Old 29th April 2008, 07:32   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Jagat,

Could you post some pictures / videos from the last session(s), those will be great to see and will help generate more interest as well.

cya
R
Will do Rehaan.
cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks