Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

If I remember correct,his budget for last year was 45 lakhs.
For the european championship,the budget is 250,000 pounds.But,he's been given a scholarship and he has to pay ONLY 100,000 pounds.
80+ lakhs INR!
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Great thread Rtech!
Good to get him some more recognition, and at the very least make his name more recognizable for the TBHP family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Saw him on one of the track days.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...tml#post175024

cya
R
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

If he's in the country,one can catch him at any of the track days or speedruns.
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:16   #19
Team-BHP Support

To be frank,
never knew of this. Will keep track now on.

Good luck!
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
If I remember correct,his budget for last year was 45 lakhs.
For the european championship,the budget is 250,000 pounds.But,he's been given a scholarship and he has to pay ONLY 100,000 pounds.
80+ lakhs INR!
What a shame. If only 2 big Indian companies get behind him, that figure could be easily raised. Come to think of it, an Indian cricketer makes that much for a single endorsement.
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
What a shame. If only 2 big Indian companies get behind him, that figure could be easily raised. Come to think of it, an Indian cricketer makes that much for a single endorsement.
I hope that cricketer gets behind him & sponsors his deal. He could be assured of a place in the team for the australian series.
Old 4th July 2007, 01:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

That cricketer is too busy dodging duty on his souped-up Fiat.
Old 4th July 2007, 09:41   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
He is a great rider that boy.
Dilip must be awfully young for mclaren to be refering to him as a boy/kid? :-)
Old 4th July 2007, 11:04   #24
BHPian

As for contributing money is concerned I think its a very good idea. But one time contribution really wont help us to a great extent if the amount is not significant. Guys, we need to figure out some way where we can constantly give support, even if the amount is less, its ok. I have personally felt it every moment, it becomes a problem to concentrate if you are in a situation like do or die. Cricketers dont have to face this & inspite giving their full concentration they are unable to play, & we while racing have to think not only about any component we would have to fix it from our own pocket & we might not be financially sound to get the car fixed for the next race. You would hardly see any indian driver pushing the car to its limit & this is the sole reason. IMHO, I think it would be best if we could gather some contacts to some big firms & then convince them to invest in this sport along with us. We have over 10000 members & there got to be a lot of contacts with some firms atleast. Having a big financial backing will let us concentrate on the game. As for costs, yes 2 wheelers are much cheaper than 4 wheelers. That is one of the main reasons why ashwin started off with 2 wheelers & later on aquiring funds went on to 4 wheelers.
Old 5th July 2007, 07:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
As for contributing money is concerned I think its a very good idea. But one time contribution really wont help us to a great extent if the amount is not significant. Guys, we need to figure out some way where we can constantly give support, even if the amount is less, its ok. I have personally felt it every moment, it becomes a problem to concentrate if you are in a situation like do or die.
Money is only a short term thing. In the long term if you want Indian companies to sponsor him, all youngsters should stop watching FTV and cricket and start watching this Asia Cup.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Money is only a short term thing. In the long term if you want Indian companies to sponsor him, all youngsters should stop watching FTV and cricket and start watching this Asia Cup.
Yeah, for people to watch it on tv, it needs to be telecast first... and to be telecast it needs to be popular and so on.... vicious circle...
Old 5th July 2007, 11:17   #27
BHPian

@ Mpower, I completly agree with you that a sport needs to be watched by all the quarters of the spectators in order to become popular , but can you tell me, do we follow or even watch all the sports around the globe? No, we watch only those particular sports which arouse our interest somehow or the other. So in case of motor sports, if we exclude that particular portion of the population (who has got interest in that) from the total population, the remaining general population will only watch that sport if the sport comes to the limelight to arouse interest among the commons. Now when do motorsport comes into limelight? When the sport will give good performances & take 2-3 podiums in interational races. This is going to happen only when the competitor practices hard.Now this is precisely what we, as TeamBHP members are trying to do, provide them the money in order to practice well & stand a fair chance among the other competitors.
Old 11th July 2007, 14:35   #28

Hi friends

Dear Team BHP-ians,

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.

Just reading your post is getting me all fired up for the next race. A lot of what has been posted here is right.

I have had conversations with a number of possible sponsors in the past, but as you all know it is one of the most difficult things to get in India, for any sport other than cricket. I am still trying and hope to get some money at least for next year. Let's see.

In the meantime, at the suggestion of Mr.Robin Shroff, I am putting down a few words about my 2007 season so far:

1. The season has races in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and China (Each round has two races).
2. So far, I've completed in 2 rounds and finished in overall 9th position out off 21 riders in the championship.
3. My bike this year is Honda CBR 600 RR (2007 year model).
4. The competition this year comprises riders like.
  • Hamaguchi (5 times ASIAN GP champion).
  • Decha (current MOTO GP 250cc competitor).
  • Faud (two years runner up in ASIAN GP championship) and there are 15 factory bikes in total.

About sponsor – This year I was bit supported from Mr.Rangasawamy Chief Minister of pondicherry state who has help me to start racing season this year and one co-sponsor that is Duropac (Malaysian road and circuit cleaner company). I am getting Mechanical support from CHIA MOTOR RACING Malaysia and I am also getting some support from TWO WHEELS motor sport who is ASIAN GP organizers and promoters.

Last year, I took part in the (open class) Malaysian Super series championship and I took overall 4th in the championship competing with six factories and total 23 riders in the championship. 2004 I became champion in novice category and 2005 overall 3rd in the championship as expert…etc.
And BTW, I did meet Rossi in 2006(Yamaha testing). That was a superb moment. He is a role model for many of us and it felt great.
---------

My ASIAN GP calendar as follows:

Round
Venue
Date
Round 1
Sentul Circuit, INDONESIA
May 31 - June 3
Round 2
Sentul Circuit, INDONESIA
July 5 - 8
Round 3
Sepang Circuit, MALAYSIA
August 2 - 5
Round 4
tbc
Sept 6 - 9
Round 5
Zhuhai Circuit, China
October 25 - 28
Round 6
Zhuhai Circuit, China
Nov 29 - Dec 2

Last edited by Rtech : 11th July 2007 at 15:50. Reason: removed html tags.
Old 11th July 2007, 15:46   #29
BHPian

Dilip - It's an honour to have you here. Here's wishing you the best of luck for the remaining races!

Superavi
Old 11th July 2007, 15:52   #30
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Dillip! Great to have you here. Do keep us updated on your progress. We also look forward to have you take part in the superbike races that are part of the MRF Challenge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks