Team-BHP - Michelin Pilot Experience Contest - I Won!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Michelin Pilot Experience Contest - I Won! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/26373-michelin-pilot-experience-contest-i-won-2.html)

Congrats buddy!!! Hope you get your passport issues sorted. As some of them have suggested the Tatkal option is a good way out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 943192)
If I remember right, you started a thread about the contest and even posted the answers.
CONGRATS,buddy! Im sooooooooo happy for you!

thanks thambi..

ok the latest is i spoke to an agent ( thanks for the number Suman )
t'row im of early to get a "good conduct" certificate from someone working in a govt dept and then a affidavit from a notary.
then its of to the passport office to beg them to make my application a tatkal one.
i will then have to speak once again to the OD guys

will post an update t'row

Narayan - Just in case your passport doesn't come back in time, I'll be more than happy to attend the event in your place! :)

^^^^^^^
Me too Narayan , would be more than happy to trade places with you .:)

On a serious note when I got my passport( tatkal) made earlier this year, it was made super quick and delivered in 3 days flat clap:.

Good. Seems you will be making it. Good luck. Yes, tatkal is really fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 943793)
ok the latest is i spoke to an agent ( thanks for the number Suman )

Congrats once again & Good luck - hope the paperwork gets done quicklycheers:

Congratulations Narayan. Hope all your paper work is sorted out and you go and attend the event. Get us nice pictures and videos.

I am more than confident that you will make it. I have noticed that "passion" overcomes all problems and hindrances in everything in life and you obviously have a lot of that. If this was Calcutta I would have promised you the PP in two days regardless of where your file is. In Delhi I don't know but proof of travel requirement does speed up things in the PP office. Do carry all the documents that show you require the passport very urgently.

Sudipto

Hey Narayan, I hope everything works out dude... We are all proud that one of our TBHPians is finally gonna drive a Formula1 car.
have Fun man! feel the wind thru your hair.

Lemme know if you need any help.

P.S> If possible try and find out if the contest prize is transferrable.. My passport is ready! :P

i went to passport office to convert my application to tatkal and as expected there was a bombshell in store..

apparently i need to meet the PRO for this and guess what ? - PROs dont meet anybody on WEDNESDAYS !!
so im giving it a shot t'row

worst case, of course i will check with OD if its transferrable ..

Im sure our delhi bhaiyyas have some connections,Narayan.
Don't give up hope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 946349)
Im sure our delhi bhaiyyas have some connections,Narayan.
Don't give up hope.

ok here is the update.. ( much to the disappointment of delhi bhaiyyas who were ready with THEIR passports :) )

i went to the passport office today..met the P.R.O

after facing 3 near "reject" situations, the P.R.O finally gave in and comitted to have the passport delivered on Monday evening 5 pm

i hope there are no more surprises and i get the passport on Monday !!

but thanks to Suman's call yesterday - otherwise i was almost convinced that its not going to work out..

more updates on Monday and the next week when i hope to get the detailed iterinery

Congratulations narayan. Hope things work out for you.All the best

Please park yourself in the office from around 1 pm onwards on Monday. Don't take these commitments at their face value.

Congrats!! That is a great achievement. Have a nice trip.