Team-BHP - Michelin Pilot Experience Contest - I Won!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Michelin Pilot Experience Contest - I Won! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/26373-michelin-pilot-experience-contest-i-won.html)

i guess most of you might have seen the details to this contest in today's speed auto show on CNBC

anyways am posting a link where u can go and answer 3 simple questions to win the above contest...

lets all participate in large numbers so that there is a sizeable chance of tbhpians winning the contest,,

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

answers i had put were
1) alonso
2) hayden
3) bibendum

hope they are the correct ones...:)

GUYS..
i just got a call an hour back from Bertrand D'Souza of OVERDRIVE saying that i was one of the lucky winners of the above contest !

its happening between SEP-13-16 or something ( didnt even pay much attention to what he was saying in all that excitement)

but my darn luck - my passport is stuck with the DELHI passport office for over 1 month now for a simple renewal..

any of you guys have contacts in Gurgaon police station (Rajeev chowk ) and the Delhi passport office ( at Bicajicama place ) ?? i just want to get this speedened

and anyone else out here who are the lucky winners.?

thanks
Narayan

Congrats Narayan -- but a question: what was this contest btw and what have you won?

You for sure seem excited :-) and that's totally understandable.

Congrats Narayan- Wish you to get back your passport sooner.

This is what I could get about this contest. But its old.

MALAYSIAN MOTOR TRADER NEWS - LOCAL NEWS - The Michelin Pilot Experience Exhibition

Congrats man. Lucky guy. Enjoy.

Congrats. Presumably you will be going to France and hence need the passport. Passport renewal sounds simple but it is as good as issuance of a new passport, in the sense the entire process is repeated for a simple renewal.
Pay a personal visit to the passport office and PS. Never show the PS how desperate you are to get the PP. Your expenditure will go up. Be cool. You have about a month to get it.
Congrats again.
Be prepared to write a detail report of the experience abroad when you come back.

the contest was just some 3 simple questions that was available on tv18, overdrive websites..

the winners get to go to Malaysia to drive a formula renault car in the petronas circuit.
this is all i could get from the web. the actual contest link no longer works in the OD website..

im now more worried i may not be able to make it due to the damn passport !!

Congrads Narayan. You can go for Tatkal option for passport and you get the passport in 1 week's time. You need to payup 2000 Rs. more but all legal. Go for it man and we will see you waving in Malaysian GP.

If I remember right, you started a thread about the contest and even posted the answers.
CONGRATS,buddy! Im sooooooooo happy for you!

Congrats Narayan! You are truly lucky!

For the passport, do go to the Police Station and have a work with the officer in charge. Requesting him to speed it up by explanining the situation and the opportunity will, hopefully, work. *fingers crossed*

thanks for the wishes guys..
t'row I am going to the local police station to check whether my file has reached them ( it was submitted at passport office on JULY 2ND !! )
other option is to convert my ordinary application into TATKAL now - which i dont know whether its possible..anyone knows about this ?

anyways i will post more details about the contest later today evening when OD is supposed to send me an email...

fingers crossed - i hope it does not become a middle finger to the passport office !!

Can you let us know if there are any feature change? or just normal renewal?

I am not sure if you can change it to TATKAL now. But you if you have solid proof of travel (say invitation letter, confirmed itenary etc) you can approach the passport office and show the urgency. It is also possible that they are waiting for some response from your side. No idea. So, first is to visit the local police station and check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 943215)
thanks for the wishes guys..
t'row I am going to the local police station to check whether my file has reached them ( it was submitted at passport office on JULY 2ND !! )
other option is to convert my ordinary application into TATKAL now - which i dont know whether its possible..anyone knows about this ?

anyways i will post more details about the contest later today evening when OD is supposed to send me an email...

fingers crossed - i hope it does not become a middle finger to the passport office !!

This site has all the answers. You can check the status also.

Passport Office Website

And yes, IIRC, you can convert your application to a Tatkal application even after submission -- I may be wrong though..

Congrats Narayan. Hope you get this sorted in time for the GP. All the best for this buddy. We'll live our dreams through your post detailing the experienceclap:.

Regarding the passport problem, your best bet would be to enquire at the Passport Office itself. They will tell you what the current status is and what you should do next. If you find that the Police Station is where the process is being slowed down, use some contacts or try talking to them, needless to say, do what is required ;). Also, take your address proof etc handy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 943230)
And yes, IIRC, you can convert your application to a Tatkal application even after submission -- I may be wrong though..

Infact this is the process (If things haven't changed in the last 2 years), you need to file your application and then convert it into Tatkal stating reasons for the urgency. Some valid reasons are: Relative abroad suffering from illness, spouse needs to travel after marriage, attend an examination aborad etc. Check their website for details.

ok guys - i just received the email confirming this. not much details provided in it thought

the dates are sep 14-17 - all expenses included

i need to send them passport copy by aug 20th ( 2 days time ) - since i know thats not possible, i have asked for a weeks time..

in the meantime, im going to the police station t'row morning.
i have not been able to reach the passport office yet to verify whether an application form already registered with them can be converted to tatkal

that looks the only best option now ..lets c what happens