View Poll Results: Which day
1st week Aug 14 41.18%
2nd week Aug 9 26.47%
Last week Aug 17 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 21:18   #256
Senior - BHPian

Cool!! So when next? A monthly event? I guess I will join you guys driving all the way from Kolkata once I get back there.
Old 6th August 2007, 21:49   #257
BHPian

Khanak,16v100bhp,narayan,sharan,e_l,trooper,planet rocker,SB,rjstyle,mcl,aditya and NC... thank you soooooo much for all your encouragement.It really feels nice.

OT:
Flash back: It was here last year's track day(feb 06), I met a real professional photographer for the first time in my life, no marks for guessing, yes its our own eos1(d/v) man Rudra. I was just following him around the track just like the pug in the hutch ad to get a know a few tricks. It was him who taught me how to compose cars in action, like getting the full subject up close in the frame and on little bit on panning. More importantly, till then i was under the impression that anyone who is serious about photography always shot in full manual mode and so using that mode most of the time, but again it was he who advised me to use other modes (like Av & Tv) depending on the situation and from then on i stuck to that and it has definitely helped me a long way in improving my skills.

Thank you Rudra da and wish you a very happy birthday.

Regards
Krishna.
Old 6th August 2007, 21:55   #258
BHPian

Bikes:

Old 6th August 2007, 22:26   #259
BHPian

Great pictures - as usual - Tifosi

The best car was the M800 to watch. Oh my god !!! Tifosi and me had a scare each time the car took the left turn and you could really see the battle between the driver and the corner forces. my my, handled very well by Manek and Sharan.. Phew.

It was a pleasure watching the baleno, sx4 and swift zip by. Had the opportunity of sitting at the rear seat in the SX4 for a short ride.

Thanks guys. The adrenaline is still flowing
Old 7th August 2007, 00:24   #260
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! man, i can feel the adrenaline that you are talking about as i was standing a few feet away from the action with my kids. (Thanks SB for putting up their snaps too along with the SuperBikes & the super cars in action on that day).

Tifosi, you are one great photographer on your own right & don't feel too modest about it, we saw that in your malaysian GP photos too before this one.

SB, you were one brave soul to test your baleno on the track that day, knowing how you feel about your car(and knowing that your wifey being away). 3 cheers to you man.

And to manek & sharan, well, love knows no bounds & i realised that on just such a day. Keep up the good work men, only till i hit the track. he he he.

P.S. I feel sad for my fellow esteem owner n_aditya who feels that his only reason to be in chennai is the track day & he simply could not get on track this time, maybe he should change his signature to something a little more realistic now. no offence meant aditya, i still love you. cheers ( with the original bangy KF).

Last edited by esteem_lover : 7th August 2007 at 00:27.
Old 7th August 2007, 08:13   #261
Senior - BHPian

To give you an idea how fast the cars were & how difficult it was to shoot them, this is what i got on a few occasions.

And there's tifosikrishna in a vantage position as MCL whizzes past.

Old 7th August 2007, 08:39   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
If you think that's madness, I am not sure what you would say on seeing the Zen's windshield.

I think he had picked the zen up only a few days ago and did not have the time to spruce it up. I am sure we will see her in great shape at the next track day, possibly with an Esteem engine inside.
Well..guys..a good track day..though my stints were limited by the rubber..

Well..that zen has been idling for around a year..and had just got her started the previous night..[22:30 hrs] for the track..The secondary butterfly had stuck and the car had a great engine..The windscreen was mildly shattered..due to a coconut..and hence the great look..

I've always loved zens for their nippy handling and taking a zen on the track will sure make anybody enjoy their day..

The car was checked for all essential fluids..but..i'd missed out the tyres [lack of time and thought]..realised the car was good and could push more..

So in my second stint..just started pushing the car..and felt a strange wobble like..my rear right had a puncture..so was nursing the car for a couple of laps..knowing that i did not have a flat..yet..

Thats when things got a little out of hand..during the C3 to C4..while accelarating the car..there was a wild sway..from either side and realised that something was wrong..terribly wrong and decided to end the lap..but at C5, C6, C7..things really went wrong and the car did not respond to steering responses too..i was doing hardly 70 and the car straightlined the curve..[witnessed by Mcl who cheered me to "take it easy"].. The car was running like a horse and the bounce it gave me had an uneasy feeling..

Limped back to the pits at 30Kph and decided to check tyre pressure from one of the biker mechanics..thats when i realised that the rear right tyre had actually split..

Decided to call it a day as i could not find alternative tyres..

Can actually build a E-zen for the next track day..if we could freeze on the dates a little early..so we have time to prepare the cars..

Overall..good attempt for another track day and had a nice time..seeing the bangy boys in action..

Guess we guys from chennai need to increase our presence for the track days..kudos to the guys who attended and a warm welcome to the folks who DID NOT..

cheers
Old 7th August 2007, 08:44   #263
Senior - BHPian

OT: BTW..anyone interested in Custome E-zens..PM me..
Old 7th August 2007, 11:26   #264
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Damn, looks like my car is about to roll over .
Old 7th August 2007, 12:46   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I feel sad for my fellow esteem owner n_aditya who feels that his only reason to be in chennai is the track day & he simply could not get on track this time.
John, i really wanted to make it. But had to go to Tirupathi and it was worthwhile. Had the best darshan this time compared to all my previous visits. Thanks for remembering me. Will make it next time for sure.

P.S. The other reason I'm in chennai is : WORK

The pics are mindblowing Tifo. Hats off 2u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Looks like u need strut braces.
Old 7th August 2007, 13:37   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Yeah quite obviously Rahul. Damn imagine the plight of that poor car, carrying your heavy rear and then maintaining balance at high speeds in the corners and not flipping over .

Next time around make sure someone double your weight sits in the co-drivers seat. I think Mahesh/Benny shud suffice .

OT : tifosi add me into your fans list. Heck I love your pictures man. Thanks a zillion for the PM, much appreciated.
I am coming down for the next track day, honestly need to take lessons from you.
Old 7th August 2007, 13:56   #267
BHPian

Quote:
To give you an idea how fast the cars were & how difficult it was to shoot them, this is what i got on a few occasions.

And there's tifosikrishna in a vantage position as MCL whizzes past.
great shots.. what camera/lens do you use? and what were the aperture/shutter settings for these photos?
Old 8th August 2007, 02:02   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Damm I burst out laughing looking at this pic. I know it would have been difficult to get the vehicles in action in the frame.

Tifo - did you take the pics in high resolution and then crop them? Not to take your thunder away. The bikes have not blurr on them .. so the shoot is awesome, however I still cannot imagine getting them in such perfect frame. Either way super job.

Neat report guys. I esp like SBs one where he writes a caption for each pick.

How about the guys riding shotgun? Did you want to jump out of the car on some occasions? CAuse the driver is pushing the car and as a passenger I am always more jittery.

I think next track day, there will be more folks joining in for sure, count me in.
Old 8th August 2007, 05:03   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
great shots.. what camera/lens do you use? and what were the aperture/shutter settings for these photos?
Optimus, Download the pic.Shows you the details.

@tifosi...when did you upgrade to teh 400D ? Do you see a major change compared to the 300D ?
Old 21st August 2007, 16:07   #270
BHPian

twas a real eye opener. we think we are good drivers on the road and these skills fall woefully short on the track. i think its very important for everyone to drive their cars to the max on the track and only then will u know how ur car reacts in different situations. now with good highways its really important to know how to handle your car and how it will handle under what situation.

the 800 was a pleasure to throw about knowing that whatever you do the damage cant be huge(still ended up changing the wheel bearings and right drive shaft). nyways ended up maha satisfied that the car can move . now its time to put the headres on.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks