View Poll Results: Which day
1st week Aug 14 41.18%
2nd week Aug 9 26.47%
Last week Aug 17 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 16:10   #271
BHPian

thank you tifo for the lovely snaps. ram and e-l thanks for your prescence and encouragement . and e-l whats with the i saw love thingie dude?
Old 21st August 2007, 20:12   #272
BHPian

When's the next one ? When's the next one ?

It's a shame I missed this, & I'm from Chennai :( When is the next one at the MMSC track ? It's great to know that things like these are being organized - a big salute to the organizers
Old 21st August 2007, 22:58   #273
sAP
BHPian

Its not the ride, its the rider

Manek: Your 800 on track is a good example for several supermen drivers who make an excuse keeping off track days because their car isn't similar to Alonso's (or Schumacher's, if you prefer) while they claim to have similar driving skills.

I say to everyone to put a lid on their alter egos and bring on their daily rides, their 800s, Altos, Santros, WagonRs, their tall boys and big mamas and have a go on track. Thats what drivers worth discovering themselves must be doing sometime.

What its really about is more of the man, and less of the machine.

sAP
Old 21st August 2007, 23:09   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manek View Post
thank you tifo for the lovely snaps. ram and e-l thanks for your prescence and encouragement . and e-l whats with the i saw love thingie dude?
Who is ram ?

I spoke about your love for the track dude, do i need to say more ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
It's a shame I missed this, & I'm from Chennai :( When is the next one at the MMSC track ? It's great to know that things like these are being organized - a big salute to the organizers
Don't feel ashamed, just keep in touch & you can reach anywhere.
cheers
Old 21st August 2007, 23:14   #275
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Next trackday - Check out the details HERE.
Old 21st August 2007, 23:15   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Next trackday - Check out the details HERE.
I think the whole of Team-BHP knows that one rahul.
Old 21st August 2007, 23:52   #277
sAP
BHPian

Uhm, I suppose an ambulance/ paramedic and tow truck were available during this event? I didnt see an ambulance in the usual place -- on one of the pics by bottle.
Old 21st August 2007, 23:53   #278
BANNED

No medics, no ambulance were available.
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:29   #279
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me when the next event at MMSC track is gonna be?....this coming weekend???.....thx!..
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:42   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Can anyone tell me when the next event at MMSC track is gonna be?....this coming weekend???.....thx!..
No, this weekend the action is at coimbatore. try & be there, you can meet a whole bunch of team-bhpians.
Old 22nd August 2007, 16:07   #281
sAP
BHPian

Safety first

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
No medics, no ambulance were available.
Rahul: I am not sure if that is such a good idea. You should try and include them in all track events, especially if people other than those you are personally responsible for are participating.

Track events have a potentially dangerous objective, unlike community drives and meets, and as an organizer you should try and mitigate that risk as much as possible.

sAP
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:24   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
Rahul: I am not sure if that is such a good idea. You should try and include them in all track events, especially if people other than those you are personally responsible for are participating.

Track events have a potentially dangerous objective, unlike community drives and meets, and as an organizer you should try and mitigate that risk as much as possible.

sAP
This is a difficult one, sAP. On one hand, all these facilities cost mega moolah which can only be amortised by the large no of people who appear on official track days.

On the other hand, the "illegal" track days keep costs down and we have the advantage of less track traffic.

So, what is the choice - mega moolah and close out risk which has a lower probability or exercise restraint which reduces the probability

Only way out is to apply more restraint and observe all safety rules.

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd August 2007 at 17:25.
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:52   #283
BANNED

Sap, I will PM you one week in advance from the next track day dates. Kindly send me a cheque for 12k . It is very heart warming to know that you are concerned about our safety. But as Ajit has already explained it just wont work out financially. Specially considering the numbers. Also, do note that since there is a lack of medical amenities, it will also deter most of them from driving foolishly knowing well that there might not be any help. I look at it from the other side of the coin.

And since the track is almost but empty one will get ample time to learn slowly, since we have longer sessions too there is no hurry to push from go. And all the cars are well spaced too. You should come to one of these, there is one happening at Kari in September.
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:56   #284
Senior - BHPian

Let me explain this "unofficial track day".

Circuit racers basically can hire the track with prior permission.
This is called 'pay n practise' in the racing circle.
U just need to pay for the track fees for the particular day and its ur vehicle, ur fuel and ur risk. No doctors, no marshals, nothing.

Its allowed during the weekdays too,provided that the track is available and not taken up by auto manufacturers/ tyre manufacturers/ auto magazines testing cars.
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:59   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Circuit racers basically can hire the track with prior permission.
This is called 'pay n practise' in the racing circle.
There was no circuit racers in this bunch as far as i understood. Everyone was out there to have safe fun.

Look at it this way, this was a privately organised fun day & nothing more than that & personally I dont think there was any more risk in this than would have been driving on a highway. It is your choice if you choose to drive safe or to drive rash. Nobody chose the latter. Yeah, I do not have any experience in driving on a track, but i am smart enough to understand the risks involved. I was there watching & i saw that no one was racing against each other & everyone enjoyed it to the full.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks