Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 04:30   #106
sAP
BHPian

Electronic Express

Congrats Karthik. That was insane. Looks like the 1450cc class has had the most fan following, and for good reason. Did you use the RD0601 that is advertized on your website www.racedynamics.in ?

Also can you please rephrase the following, "... its not all about brute power on a 1/8th mile".

I am not quite sure I get your point. Are you referring to traction control, shifting skills or something totally different? Are you saying that there were other cars that had more power but were unable to get it to the ground in the short distance? What exactly does that mean?

PS: Hope you get a chance to reply soon, because a lot of others are going to fill up space with speculative angles before I can turn around.

Meanwhile, good job mate!

sAP
Old 14th August 2007, 04:53   #107
sAP
BHPian

Aditya, thanks for posting the videos. Also Neoranjit for the pics. v1p3r, did you trade in your blue baleno for an esteem? i thought I saw your name in third place in the (upto) 1450cc class.

sAP
Old 14th August 2007, 09:01   #108
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Vis, what all do you have running on your Zen? And whose your tuner? Well done with all your runs. Do check out the other track day threads in and around the motor sports section. Maybe it might interest you.

Sap, I guess I have already mentioned the requisites for a 1/8th mile drag. But I guess you are waiting for Karthik's reply only. And v1p3r still has (or rather his parents) a blue baleno. He drove psycho's esteem. Talking of which did the esteem race with both driver's in the same class? Or did one of you take part in the Indian Open and win there?
Old 14th August 2007, 12:51   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
expect 2 more speedruns before the end of the year.

Where??? In Mumbai???
Old 14th August 2007, 13:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You guys drove on track on Saturday too? But weren't the single seater races happening?
The single seater races were happening. We were supposed to get some practise time after 3pm remember? We managed to do a few laps instead after 6pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
At this point, i see that the swift is having a very small lead against the esteem. Did you have a bad launch ?
No. My launch was good. My headers are race spec John. They kick in only at 4000 RPM (mid-range ; 4x1) while my guess is that the swift had 4x2x1 street spec headers which kicked in earlier. So while the swift lunged forward, it was leading only for around 15-20 feet. When my headers kicked in, the swift fell behind 1-2 car lengths. Watch the video carefully. Its not very clear but you can see what i mean.
Old 14th August 2007, 14:45   #111
BANNED

Adi, get a performance cam for your car and see what difference it makes along with those race spec headers.

Oh, I was surprised since the initial draft mentioned no practice sessions will be given.
Old 14th August 2007, 15:04   #112
BANNED

Adi and the rest who attended the drag, are you sure the Vtec beat the Rolon? Because as RT has mentioned the Rolon is believed to have won by some. Can someone clear it out? Farhan?
Old 14th August 2007, 15:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Adi, get a performance cam for your car and see what difference it makes along with those race spec headers.
Hmmm. Lets discuss this over some beer when i come to blore this month end. There's no end to this modding business eh?

P.S. I heard that the Vtec was a few inches ahead of the rolon at the finish line. But this is not from a reliable source. Picked it up from some spectators at the finish line. I was at the starting line watching the launch. I do know that it was on par with the rolon midway.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th August 2007 at 15:15.
Old 14th August 2007, 15:20   #114
BHPian

As per the winner of the indian open "Ashutosh Shetty" the rolon did beat him by a small lead. the organisers also stated so. But the difference was very small. I am sure in the next event tuners will be prepared for the rolon.
Old 14th August 2007, 22:02   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYZ View Post
As per the winner of the indian open "Ashutosh Shetty" the rolon did beat him by a small lead. the organisers also stated so. But the difference was very small. I am sure in the next event tuners will be prepared for the rolon.
I did hear that Ashu had moved onto a OHC, wasn't sure he would take part. So does this put an end to his escapades in the grey zen?
Old 14th August 2007, 22:36   #116
Senior - BHPian

Hello, I got to stand on the podium.

Congrats Karthik. Your car was very well tuned, and your run was amazing.

We had power issues with the car, too much of it basically. We just finished setting it up the previous evening and drove to Chennai, brand new block not yet run in. Then we decide to race it and drive back immediately. Oh how we love our blocks.

I guess Psycho's car is going to need a rethink on the rubber front. Did manage to keep up with Ashu in the Vtec on my practice run, though he got a lead off the start line. Anyway, there's always Speed Run.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:18   #117
BHPian

Hey guys,

Was a good day!

@ Narayan : I'm posting the pics. Sorry for the delay.Lost my damn data cable.

Loved the lancer!!

I didn't expect the Cayenne to take such a beating.

Well congrats to the winners.

The only grouse I have is both of us spent the day alone inspite of so many tbhpians around.

@ Narayan: I'm surprised you did not mention the Traffic jam we were caught in on our way back.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:30   #118
BHPian

Pics!

That was when things started heating up!

On our way Back!

Now if she was in the drag..I'm sure she would have smoked everyone, or Am I?
Old 14th August 2007, 23:35   #119
BHPian

Take a look at what caused the traffic jam. There is a man on top trying to get the wires off.

We passed this on our way to the track in the morning. To think of the distance covered in one day..lol
Old 14th August 2007, 23:35   #120
BANNED

Rayz, Santosh was Ashu's car nitroussed? What mods is he running on the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks