Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 23:51   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I did hear that Ashu had moved onto a OHC, wasn't sure he would take part. So does this put an end to his escapades in the grey zen?
Well his was a last minute entry with a lil persuasion.........when the organisers announced that you can have two drivers per car. He forced himself outta retirement and drove madhu's honda...........He did find it different driving the Honda after racing in his 9500 RPM revving baleno bloc. He even hit the rev limit twice on his practice run with no Nitrous but knowing Ashu........he got the hang of it and went on to win the Indian open.

I must say his driving against the rolon was amazing.........and yes his grey Zen is sold. One super driver to learn from. Super attitude and confidence.
Old 15th August 2007, 00:25   #122
Senior - BHPian

1-2-3 Team-Bhp. not bad. Well done KD, Psycho and V1p3r.

Neoranjit - loved your motion blurred pics.

KD Madan and JD Madan. Father and son racing each other eh? Sweet !!
The Caynne is theirs eh? I think in the 06 Bangalore run they came with a Evo or something? I may be wrong.!?!

So only Hyderabad and Mumbai this year? No more (official/unofficial/casual) SRs in Bangalore/Chennai?
Old 15th August 2007, 00:28   #123
BHPian

Ashu was running Madhu's Honda as a second driver
Old 15th August 2007, 01:12   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
Congrats Karthik. That was insane. Looks like the 1450cc class has had the most fan following, and for good reason. Did you use the RD0601 that is advertized on your website ::..INDEX..:: ?

Also can you please rephrase the following, "... its not all about brute power on a 1/8th mile".

I am not quite sure I get your point. Are you referring to traction control, shifting skills or something totally different? Are you saying that there were other cars that had more power but were unable to get it to the ground in the short distance? What exactly does that mean?

PS: Hope you get a chance to reply soon, because a lot of others are going to fill up space with speculative angles before I can turn around.

Meanwhile, good job mate!

sAP
Thanks sap!!! With the 1/8th mile, it was more of how effectiely the "usable" power is tranferred on to the road. A combination of power-to-weight ratio,engine power curve, traction, driving style, etc.. Yes there were definetly more powerful cars there.. The Cayenne for one, which was lagging from the start till about 60% of the track, and then it started catching up fast. Had the strech been longer, the cayenne would have easily gone past me. Thats what makes 1/8th mile so much fun !!!

Btw, i was using the RD0601 street version ECU without launch control.
Old 15th August 2007, 01:43   #125
sAP
BHPian

yours truly variant

Also, those who are discounting the Cayenne on the drag might want to caveat. The Cayenne comes in 3 variants and the S version (stands for anything Sport), a near 400 hp beast or the 500 hp turbocharged one, which is even more mad and expensive -- aren't quite likely the ones witnessed here. They are as different as the M5 is from the 5-series or the Jag XKR is from the XK, if you prefer.

Now, considering what they were put up against. I think that is noteworthy though.

sAP
Old 15th August 2007, 02:22   #126
sAP
BHPian

Thanks for clarifying that Karthik. With that illustration, I can't miss it. Looks like you are the ECU guru; and if you build such boxes yourself, should be called into distinguished status.

sAP

PS (OT): Is it a good idea to overwrite lookup tables via the diag port on a Corsa X14NE? Is that even possible?
Old 15th August 2007, 16:16   #127
Senior - BHPian

Just thought I'd post this pic. This CRV was parked in the paddocks on Friday. Had lovely 18inch alloys.

Old 15th August 2007, 16:40   #128
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYZ View Post
Ashu was running Madhu's Honda as a second driver
So, it was Madhu's car eh! Rayz, was the car running NOS on the final run against the Rolon? I guess it did since Madhu's always run at SR's with Nitrous.

And Ashu has gone into retirement ? I would love to have his 9500 revving block .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th August 2007 at 16:41.
Old 15th August 2007, 20:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
Also, those who are discounting the Cayenne on the drag might want to caveat. The Cayenne comes in 3 variants and the S version (stands for anything Sport), a near 400 hp beast or the 500 hp turbocharged one, which is even more mad and expensive -- aren't quite likely the ones witnessed here. They are as different as the M5 is from the 5-series or the Jag XKR is from the XK, if you prefer.

Now, considering what they were put up against. I think that is noteworthy though.

sAP
the cayenne that raced during the drag was an S version -

the S is 385 bhp vs 290bhp for cayenne and 500bhp for the turbo///

heres a pic of the cayenne parked in the shed ( picture courstesy - FIERY ENZYME )

im sure this version has traction control also - probably the auto box is wat killed it...

but STILL - kudos to the esteem and lancer that creamed it in the track..

Old 15th August 2007, 20:08   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-racing View Post
hi Nayaran the only Zen on the track belongs to me, this was my first race and sadly there was no other 1liter to race with so I had to race the 1.4 liter category.. I first raced against the black swift and won with a good two car lead, then in Indian open I raced with Yuvraj's Honda where I kind of kept up for about 150 meters. My final race was against the turbo esteem I pushed the car to an amazing 9300 RPM on that run and gave it my best. I had the esteem for 150 meters, i launched perfect, and as soon as i shifted to third i guess the esteems turbo kicked in and just 50 meters before the finish he took the flag. But i was really happy with all my runs. I just look at it as a good learning experience. I just hope there are a few 1liter cars the next race, so i can race in my category.

vis - why dont u post more details about ur zen.... and some pics too
Old 15th August 2007, 20:11   #131
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Rayz, you mentioned two driver's driving the same car. Was it in different classes (like 1 in the corresponding cc class and the other in the Indian Open) or in the same class? Also could we have the results of the other classes please?
Old 15th August 2007, 22:16   #132
Senior - BHPian

Psycho and v1p3r drove the Esteem turbo in the same class.
Old 16th August 2007, 00:49   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Psycho and v1p3r drove the Esteem turbo in the same class.
I am getting really confused here. Sorry I could be cause .

There was only 1 Esteem Turbocharged car which was Psychos? Right?

So Psycho did one run and then v1p3r one run?

Or

There were 2 TC Esteems! This is why pics with good captions help.
Old 16th August 2007, 04:55   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Rayz, you mentioned two driver's driving the same car. Was it in different classes (like 1 in the corresponding cc class and the other in the Indian Open) or in the same class? Also could we have the results of the other classes please?
Two drivers per car in any class was allowed (the organisers were sporting enough ). It was a knockout elimination style drag event. pretty good fun.

These were the results as per what i saw in the PD

Upto 1450:
1. Karthik Reddy
2. Keshav
3. Akshay

Upto 1650
1. Madhusudhan Reddy
2. Ashok (beige Honda)
3. Yuvraj (Grey Honda)

Indian Open
1. Ashutosh Shetty
2. Ashok
3. Sharath BC

ppl do correct me if i am wrong.........

One car which was really nice was vishal's Zen, Though it did'nt place it was competetive enough. I am Sure Vishal will come prepared for the next event.

Hey Rahul if you are organising a track day in kari.........try and squeeze in 1/8th mile drag bro. I am positive you will have ample amount of participation.
Old 16th August 2007, 09:24   #135
BHPian

Video of v1p3er on the left and me on the right.

Will post up rest of the videos post K1000....

Most Viewed