Team-BHP - August 12th Unofficial Drag Meet - Chennai - Now Official
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   August 12th Unofficial Drag Meet - Chennai - Now Official (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/27063-august-12th-unofficial-drag-meet-chennai-now-official.html)

Party people, we are planning on having an unofficial, fun drag, 1/8th mile, on the main straight on the 12th of August. Keshav has all the details with him. I would request all to please co-ordinate with him for your entries.

Ok some slight changes. We are gonna go OFFICIAL. Permits from the sporting bodies are going to be applied for. For those of you who are going to take part, please apply for your licences (MAI). For those who arent going to take part, you are most welcome to come and watch.

It's going to be an action packed weekend of racing. Theres going to be 3 different kinds of Formula races. viz. Formula Swift, Formual Hyundai and Formula Rolon Chevorlet, followed by the drag in the evening.

Hoping to see a lot of you there. Foodstalls are going to be put up and there will be adequate refreshment. Most of the action is on Sunday. We start at 10 in the morning. ENTRY TO THE TRACK IS FREE.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Note from mod

Have created a new thread to discuss entries etc

I am very interested although its purely for fun.

Keshav, Eagerly awaiting more details. Please post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideways (Post 518867)
We are gonna go OFFICIAL. Thats good news. :)

Permits from the sporting bodies are going to be applied for. For those of you who are going to take part, please apply for your licences (MAI).

I dont have any MAI licence. How soon can we get those licesces? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideways
It's going to be an action packed weekend of racing.

Sounds like a lotta fun. Is this on Sat or Sun or both days?

Farhan, is there a provision for applying of license at the venue? Like speedrun or do I have to contact he who must not be named and get it done at the earliest? I am still thinking on participating. Might just tag along with a few friends and watch the show if nothing else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 519013)
do I have to contact he who must not be named and get it done at the earliest?

Who is this whomustnotbenamed guy?:confused: I need an MAI license too (like many others) please send me a PM if u dont want to share details here.

MAI licence forms can be downloaded from :: MAI :: . You will need a minimum of a Clubsport I licence which costs Rs.500 and is valid till 31st December 07. So the same licence can be used for the upcoming ACI Speedrun's as well.

Those that took part in the Speedrun earlier this year would already have this licence. Also, if anyone has an existing Rally/Race licence, he can enter with that. I presume the organisers will accept completed forms and fees at the track itself.

What timing system is going to be used??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 519433)
What timing system is going to be used??

Even I wanna know that.

We are working on the SR and should have the information out at the earliest.

To answer all questions one by one: -

@ Aditya - Saturday evening you will be given 2 and a half hours for any practice runs. Event is on Sundya evening after all races are over. We have the formula races which start at 10 in the morning and get over by 3 in the afternoon. Refreshment stalls, etc etc all available track side. Entry to the track is FREE.

@ Mclaren - Please apply for your licences. As long you have applied and show us proff, it does not matter.

@ Rtech & Adman - FRK racing is being contracted for the christmas lights and the timing system. They have a laser pick up timing system.

SR is ready and Keshav will be putting it up shortly.

I hope you guys are running a knock out style competition. That would be great.

This SR is for the drag race for cars to be conducted on the 12th of August at MMSC race track on the main straight over a distance of 1/8th mile. There will be 5 categories for the races:

1. Indian Classes
a. Upto 1450 cc
b. 1450 cc to 1650 cc
c. Zen with engine upto 1450 cc
d. Indian Open

2. Foreign Open

Note:
- Entry fees of Rs. 500 will be charged for class the driver / car is participating in.
- All entries will be collected at the venue (MMSC Race Track) on the 12th of August 2007 from 10 am to 1pm. No late entries will be accepted.
- There should be a minimum of 3 entries for each class else that class will be cancelled.
- All Drivers should have a valid MAI license / should download the forms from the MAI website and submit the forms with the prescribed fees at the venue
- All drivers must wear a helmet, full length pants and shoes.
- Driver’s seatbelt must be functional and seat must be secured.
- Any Indian production car can enter any one of the 3 displacement-based classes AND the Indian Open.
- Foreign Cars / Indian cars with Foreign engines will race only in the Foreign Open
- Only ONE driver per car per class.
- There will be NO PRACTICE session for the cars participating
- Tyres are free across all classes
- Any car or contestant deemed unfit or unsafe may be disqualified by the scrutineers. The scrutiny team’s decision is final in this regard.
- Anyone found guilty of not following the rules and regulations may be disqualified on the spot. The scrutiny team’s decision is final in this regard.
- Trophies will be awarded for the top 3 places in each class.
- The winner of each class will be based on the timing captured on the track timing equipment. The organisers reserve the right to manually time the cars in case of any unforeseen events
- The organisers will not be responsible for any losses / damages / injury to any participants / equipment during the event
- Motorsports can be dangerous

1. Upto 1450 cc
- The car must be an Indian production car with OE Indian production engine.
- Engine displacement cannot exceed 1450 cc.
- Overboring and stroking of the original engine is allowed as long as it does not cross the cc limit of the class.
- Engine swaps are NOT allowed.
- Internals are free.
- Fuel is free.
- The use of nitrous oxide/turbochargers/superchargers or any combination thereof is allowed.
- Gearbox casing must be Indian. Internals are free.
- Tyres are free.
- Doors and windows are free, but must be securely fastened and pass the scrutineers’ approval.
- Engine management/fuel injection/carburettors are free.
- Suspension is free.
- Interiors are free.

2. 1450 cc to 1650 cc
- The car must be an Indian production car with OE Indian production engine.
- Engine displacement cannot exceed 1650 cc.
- Overboring and stroking of the original engine is allowed as long as it does not cross the cc limit of the class. ie Baleno can be bored and stroked from 1590 cc to 1650 cc
- Engine swaps are NOT allowed.
- Internals are free.
- Fuel is free.
- The use of nitrous oxide/turbochargers/superchargers or any combination thereof is allowed.
- Tyres are free.
- Doors and windows are free, but must be securely fastened and pass the scrutineers’ approval.
- Suspension is free.
- Interiors are free.

3. Zen with engine upto 1450 cc
- The car must be an Indian Maruti Suzuki Zen with OE Indian production engine.
- Engine displacement cannot exceed 1450 cc.
- Overboring and stroking of the original engine is allowed as long as it does not cross the cc limit of the class.
- Internals are free.
- Fuel is free.
- Tyres are free.
- Suspension is free.
- Interiors are free.

4. Indian Open
- The car must be an Indian production body with OE Indian production engine.
- There is no cc restriction.
- Internals are free.
- Fuel is free.
- Tyres are free.
- Suspension is free.
- Interiors are free.

Foreign Cars

There will be only 1 category for foreign cars
1. Foreign Open
- Any car not manufactured in India is allowed
- There will be no cc restriction.
- Indian production bodies with foreign engines (as not sold in India) are allowed.
- Internals are free.
- Fuel is free.
- Tyres are free.
- Suspension is free.
- Interiors are free.

PS:
- Sideways for making this happen
- Akshay Thanks a ton for writing the base version out
- Please feel free to PM me for any further information

****I feel these regulations are being made only to favour a few Bangalore tuners and cars. ****

hahaha! Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. :D :p

P.s. For guys who take things too seriously, ignore this post!

So, FI cars will run alongside NA cars?

Also Farhan mentioned about applying for licenses ourselves however your posts says applications accepted at the venue. So which is true?

I still am not sure about participation. Parents are on this temple visiting spree and if we are anywhere close to Chennai I shall drop by and mostly take part. If not I will have to let it pass.