Team-BHP - INRC - Bangalore, 17 - 19th Aug
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   INRC - Bangalore, 17 - 19th Aug (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/27454-inrc-bangalore-17-19th-aug-4.html)

Awesome Pics. Double zero Pajero looks sweet (diesel?). Why does it have red plates and sporting works colors. Is HM involved officially?

Yeah Mpower that was the Zero car.

Awesome pics rj. I am becoming a fan of your photography style.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 538064)
Rtech thanks, sorry guys for the long wait.
I have no clue why he(?) braked near the trench :confused: everyone took this strip flat out. This is what happened later on.

Clutch Failure..it was his first rally he was doing pretty well

Fantastic pictures as always riju. I am one of the most others who enjoyed them. Your skills have the most important humane touch which we common folks enjoy. keep it up.

Is this the esteem you were talking about ??? there were a whole lot of esteems there & i loved every one of them for their usefulness or should i say their mudworthiness ? .
cheers

John and fiery enzyme thanks folks. rtech I really wouldn't be able to answer your query , someone else could clarify ?

All video's were shot using the N70 so adjust maadi.

Khaadu here you go.

YouTube - K-1000 (Aug 18)

YouTube - K-1000 (Aug 18) - 2

YouTube - K-1000 (Aug 18) - 3

YouTube - K-1000 (Aug 18) - 4

YouTube - K-1000 (Aug 18) - 5

YouTube - K-1000 (Aug 18) - 6

YouTube - K-1000 (Aug 18) - 7

Rahul has a few video's too and would post 'em up soon.

Hey , nice videos .... hope you have some more of some other corner :-) !!! I liked the No 6 the best .... atleast he made it look spectacular though he lost quiet a bot of time but as a spectator sideways is more fun than faster !!

Mclaren , can we have the videos that you have or do we have to wait a few weeks ;-)

Cheers

You loose time going sideways in a rally? Isn't that how track racing works ;) ? Btw, my net connection is bust. It won't upload anything. Not even pics. There is a thread started in a different section of the forum for this. Till date haven't found a solution. So whose ready to put up the videos on my behalf?

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 538624)
Is this the esteem you were talking about ??? there were a whole lot of esteems there & i loved every one of them for their usefulness or should i say their mudworthiness ? .
cheers

@ E_L - uhm! yes! that "yellow esteem (yellow,black,silver combo)" belongs to Ghosh (Sunny) / Sourabh.

@ MCL / RJ - there were 3 other WB registered Esteems - they were there for the first time - i wonder what happened to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 538862)
You loose time going sideways in a rally? Isn't that how track racing works ;) ?

You do lose time ... but like I said , its more fun for a spectator to see a car go sideways ;) !!! FUN FACTOR

Well after a rather long wait, here is my report.

Riju, Malik and myself met up at about 6:45am and decide to head for some breakfast. Soon after breakfast we drove to Sidlaghatta through Devanhalli & Chickballapur. Anyways the drive is not so important, so let me get into the details pertaining to the rally. Did I just forget mentioning that we followed Rahul Kantaraj's baleno the whole distance from Yelahanka to the venue?

So we reached the service bay, only to see all the cars lined up one behind the other. There was this lone Fiesta and I guess two baleno's. There were the 3 usual Cedia's and a countless number of esteems. Riju started taking some pics, when I spotted a Scorpio enter the grounds. It was driven by this man whom its hard not to miss. Yes, it was Zavo indeed. I waived to him but he couldn't see me. I called him a couple of times, he was not reachable.

Then Ranjit Ballal of RAC, a good friend of Malik decided to take us to a nice place to watch the rally from. First we went to the Stage 1 location. After walking for some distance, and finding ourselves a good spot we saw the "00" pajero go by. TBH, I loved the turbo whistle this monster had. Then went the MAI Stewards Scoripio, yes this time Zavo did see me. Then went the "0" car, a Cedia.

A few minutes later we heard something. The sound of an exhaust I had never heard, the sound of an engine that didn't feel familiar. Pretty shortly there it was the Black Cedia of Vikram Mathias.We were standing at a 90 degree left hander. For some reason I felt none of them took it hard enough to impress me save the first Gypsy. And that includes the likes of the 3 Cedia, baleno's and the lone fiesta. Since this section was not high speed enough we ran to the far end of the section hoping to see some good speeds.

End result, we ended up at yet another "S" bend passing which marked the end of the stage. Anticipating some brute speed we ventured further into the Nilgiri forest in search of a spot to blend ourselves so as to not distract the driver. And quickly we found ourselves a nice spot where we could get some nice pictures from. And a little further up ahead was a tiny little bump where the cars would go on 3 wheels with the front right up in the air for a brief moment. I was expecting a lot of cars to come flat out through this section. Sadly disappointed yet again. Yes, including Gaurav. One could hear them going on and off the throttle even in a straight line. And they almost came to a standstill while taking the "S" curve. No, I am not joking. The only person who seemed to have had enough guts to take this stretch flat out was Lohit Urs. The fiesta came hurtling down from the horizon sliding even in a straight line. It was clearly visible that he was fighting with the steering to keep it within the track and not go off into he woods. I was impressed by him, and no one else in this section. I am sure the other two who accompanied us would agree as well.

Soon enough we got bored of this section, and headed off to another stage from where it was told that we could see cars as far away as 1.5kms. The approach road to this section was fun to drive on. Malik soon found himself to be a rally driver and started to drive sideways, kicking up more dust. Infact, looking at how empty the land around us was I was beginning to feel as if we were on the stretch the rally was going on, and shortly somebody would come from behind and howl at us. A few minutes passed, yet we didn't see anyone. At one point of time I thought Malik might be driving faster than most drivers we saw. Call me crazy. Then, Malik had his share at rallyin. He misjudged a turn and locked up brakes and went well just straight rl: . We laughed out loudly and carried on with Riju tightly holding onto the sparco replicas.

We went just at the wrong time. I think a couple of esteems and gypys passed by and it was the end of the stage.I wanted to see the Cedia's in action in this stage. The turn we were at seemed fast enough and the jump that I noticed a little ahead capable of taking it atleast half throttle. I heard the crowd saying that one of the Cedia's the previous day had gone into a 30ft jump on the same section a little further up ahead. So was anticipating some real good action.

Soon we had all the convoy of safety cars go by. And then came Vikram blaring down. I must say I was impressed with the way he took this turn.

He seemed to have taken it flat out, and I was anticipating a better end result from Gaurav off all people. Do note that 15ft from this turn is a section that goes downhill (you can notice it in the video Riju has posted). Needless to say, I was expecting the Cedia's, Fiesta's and the Baleno's with the suspension setup they have to take it flat out. Only Vikram impressed me again, with very little braking and about 40% throttle. Gaurav was slower through the turn and even slower in the downhill section. I didn't see any other driver taking this downhill section at a good speed. One esteem chap locked up his brakes before entering the slope. I was confused on why he braked in the first place. And before we knew he was like this

I am very ignorant about the rally rules, so pardon my ignorance. Is outside assistance permitted? I mean all the villagers helped them get the car back on 4 wheels. Unlike track racing where any external help results in a penalty or a subsequent end of race.

I quite liked the way this lady Arhana or something took to this section. She seemed faster than most of them. And when she went past, there was a huge cheer from the crowd. Sanjay Agarwal almost stalled his engine at this swooping left hander, he dug his wheels so deep into the sand that he appeared the slowest out of that corner amongst all. Here, take a look.

We waited for Rahul Kantaraj's baleno after which we returned home very disappointed. This post may come to many as a post meant for criticism. It isn't. Every word I have written is what I felt. I was expecting a lot, but ended up getting to see a lot less. Maybe I was at the wrong sections, because I saw a couple of videos on another forum in different sections and some cars were fast. Maybe, I do not know what it feels like to be sitting in one of those cars driving the way these guys did. Maybe I went there with too high expectations. But to be honest I was very disappointed. I am sure our very own Khaadu and v1p3r could have been a lot faster than most of them.

This does not mean that this would be the last rally I will be watching. I would like to watch other rallies to see if my initial judgment was wrong. I hope I am. Next time, people like Jaggu, Killjoy and other regulars should guide us to some interesting spots from where it would look a lot more exciting. Over and out.

PS: One thing I did clearly notice is that the Cedia's had a lot of power left in them that was untapped. One could make out by the engine sound, it kept crying wanting to be thrashed more. Though, on the contrary the esteems were almost on the limits. All in a straight line. Come corners it was a very different story.

PS 2: I have a about 10+ videos of various cars through the straight and the turns that I can't seem to be able to upload due to a screwed up connection from BSNL. If anyone lives closeby I could pass on the videos for you to put them up here.

Quote:

id I just forget mentioning that we followed Rahul Kantaraj's baleno the whole distance from Yelahanka to the venue?

Pic's of the cars lined up.

planet_rocker , sorry I dont have pics of the esteems you mentioned.

khaadu like Rahul mentioned, we were a little dis-appointed and changed the spot (where we were initially) to check if we could see more action.

I think only Arhana(?) the lady driver was the only one who drove flat out at the stretch.

For sure I can vouch that this stretch was a little tricky.

When she was driving into the S curve , there was a loud thud and needless to say the underbody protection got ripped.We saw a villager carrying pieces.

Sreshta in his esteem.

Mind blowing pictures! :Cheering:

Videos anthu sakkat hot maga! lol:

Bring'em on! More of them please!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 539197)
For some reason I felt none of them took it hard enough to impress me save the first Gypsy. And that includes the likes of the 3 Cedia, baleno's and the lone fiesta. .

Most of them would have thought of preserving the car for Day2, that was what was on most competitors minds on the first day.

Quote:

One could hear them going on and off the throttle even in a straight line. And they almost came to a standstill while taking the "S" curve.

Most of the straight lines had some pretty nasty dips that were uneven. Very big chances of upsetting your cars here. Hence the throttle off and on but I am surprised that the bigger boys were doing this too, would have thought only the RSC cars would be doing this. Are you sure no one else came flat?

Quote:

I am very ignorant about the rally rules, so pardon my ignorance. Is outside assistance permitted? I mean all the villagers helped them get the car back on 4 wheels.

If your car has had a topple or gone off the road, outside assistance is allowed to get the car back on road. No other assistance can be taken including receving water or anything else.

Quote:

I quite liked the way this lady Arhana or something took to this section.

She is a good driver and I think in a field of 48 cars, they ended day 1 in 24th. :Cheering:

Quote:

Maybe, I do not know what it feels like to be sitting in one of those cars driving the way these guys did.

I agree, you have to sit inside to actually understand the speeds that these cars do.

Quote:

Next time, people like Jaggu, Killjoy and other regulars should guide us to some interesting spots from where it would look a lot more exciting. Over and out.

Sorry, was too busy driving :) but at the next rally please call me after Recce and I will let you know the intersting spots from where you can watch.

Quote:

PS 2: I have a about 10+ videos of various cars through the straight and the turns that I can't seem to be able to upload due to a screwed up connection from BSNL. If anyone lives closeby I could pass on the videos for you to put them up here.

Got the video of the car that toppled at the FF of the last stage of the last day? Would love to see what that guy was doing :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 538457)
lukeskywalker most of the pics were taken at Stage 1 and 3.

Whom did you call on saturday ? We dint find any t-bhp'ians at the venue .

Was speaking to McL, when you guys were driving near Jakkur and then again, when I went to California resorts thinking you guys would be there. But could not come to Sidlaghatta cos I had to go to work soon after.