Team-BHP - My close encounter with a F1 car.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   My close encounter with a F1 car. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/28148-my-close-encounter-f1-car.html)

I can't believe this happened to me. Shock of my life. Yes, i got to see the F1 car in flesh. The car is 2006 year Panasonic Toyota team car.

I was taking a stroll in my office campus after lunch today and at the location where companies usually put marketing kiosks i read something Panasonic. I thought it was electronics display. As i was walking towards it, it occured to me that the board that reads Panasonic actually looks like a F1 rear wing. As i went close to it, i was shocked. It is real. I couldn't believe it.

There was not much crowd and I asked the person there to let me sit in the car. He didn't permit me.

I took few pics with my crappy PDA camera. Will be posting them here in few mins. The person present there told me that they will have the display tomorrow also. I will get my digi cam tomorrow.

For people in Hyderabad, if you want to see this car, today it is at Mindspace, Madhapur. It is very close to Hi-Tech city. Tomorrow also it may be here. I could not get the info wherelse they would display it. It's been 3 days since the car was brought to Hyd.

Sorry for the low quality of the pics.

It sure must have been exciting satish.. Thanx for sharing.

Hahaha, smitten in person. Always the case when a car buff sees an F1 car for real. Didnt the sheer size and aerodynamic beauty amaze you?

The first time I got up, close & personal with an F1 car was the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2001 where at the Mercedes hall, they were actually letting people sit inside an actual car & get a feel of what it feels like! But in those days I did not have a Digital Cam & secondly, I was alone so couldn't take any pictures.

Here's a picture taken by my friend at the 2003 Frankfurt Show:

But my second encounter with an actual F1 car was slightly better. Here are some of the pics I managed:

So couple of years back, I'm passing time at Heathrow & see this BMW-Williams F1 car standing there! Of course I go closer to check it out and manage this pic:

There is a pretty, young woman who's standing there in Williams colours distributing some pamphlets and I politely ask her whether I could take some closer pictures of the car and surprise, surprise she obliges and remove the protective fencing! Only instruction is please do not touch anything! So, here are the pics I managed given the narrow space available!

So after taking the pictures I thanked the nice woman & walked off to a nearby Gallardo standing at the "Best of The Best" Lottery stand! Here are some more pictures:

lucky you, Wish the display comes to bangalore

Quote:

For people in Hyderabad, if you want to see this car, today it is at Mindspace, Madhapur. It is very close to Hi-Tech city. Tomorrow also it may be here. I could not get the info wherelse they would display it. It's been 3 days since the car was brought to Hyd.

Cld u please gimme the exact location of this place in Madhapur ?please:

Man that should have been one helluva feeling when you got to see it in flesh and blood. Carry a camera along tomorrow to office and post some more pics.

Ishaan , nice pics I must say. The Gallardo is sure a mean looking beast.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...iott-juhu.html

this f1 was seen some months back in mumbai....and its still here.so it looks like its touring india!!

Well..thats how close i got to a real F1 car..

Cheers

here guys..check out my gallery

ThaiDSC00425.JPG @ Fotopic.Net

It was the Thai Auto show in November 2003..

Lucky u Satish, u should have just slipped a 100 to the security, would have been worth sitting in one, just to get the feel of it..

Always wanted to know how crampy them cars are.. u need to fit just to sit in em..

A few years back HSBC brought Eddie Irvines Jaguar to Kolkata HSBC building. Went to see it. Although my excitement was huge but the comments from the onlookers were from interesting to insane.

For example,

"is mein ek hi aadmi baith sakta hai"
"Ek gadhe pe girega to sportscar banna nikal jayega"

Here was one pretty young thing blabbering

they have painted Michael Schumachers car green!

However I doubt if that car had an engine in it. Cos the exhaust outlets were blocked. The steering too, did not look like race spec. But the tyres were real so were the ominous BBS alloys.

Nice pictures Ishan. Pity you didnt photograph the nice lady who let you snap the Williams :)

That Jaguar from HSBC was in Mumbai. Saw it at the main branch. These F1 cars are so larger than life when you see them in the flesh.

Nice pictures Satish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maranellored (Post 546483)
Cld u please gimme the exact location of this place in Madhapur ?please:

IIRC - go straight towards Cyber Towers after crossing Madhapur Petrol Pump (on to your left) and take a left turn at Cyber Tower intersection.