Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 15:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Just back from Cochin. We finalised on the venue, which is within the Cochin Airport premises itself. The track will not be too large, but there will be a lot of overtaking places and we should see some great racing!

Cochin boys, I hope to see all of you'll out there taking part. Atleast trying your hand at the qualifying.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:45   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Cost, cost, cost? I sent a e-mail to Meco almost a week back. Yet, no reply.
Somebody I know mentioned the Rotax arrive and drive program to cost 25k. Not sure if that is true.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:51   #18
Team-BHP Support

Mcl, forget the Rotax. Start with the 4-strokes. Pay 500 or 1000, depending on the class, and you get a kart to qualify in. If you are quick enough, you get on the grid for the races. If you are quicker still, you can get on the podium and win some money and a nice trophy.

If you want, 4-stroke karts are given on hire for a weekend as well. Approximate cost is Rs.10,000. Very limited number, most of which have already been accounted for.

Either way, I think we've all had enough talk. There are many others who show up and race their way through to the top with far less. So enough of the excuses and get racing now, or forever hold your silence.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:58   #19
BANNED

Robin, I hope you do realize that students like myself will really have to look into cost issues as well. I am all game for taking part if it costs anywhere between 3-5k for a round. Where do I enroll? I will be there for the Cochin round. Do you mean this class?
Quote:
World Formula Senior : CIK World Formula Chassis, 4-stroke Honda engine (14hp), ages 15 and above.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th September 2007 at 17:00.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:04   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hope you do realize that students like myself will really have to look into cost issues as well.
Mcl, please think of another line, this one is really old and frankly, does not apply to you. Hell, I'm sure you spend more going out to watch a movie these days (atleast it does at a multiplex in Mumbai!). Motorsport does not get cheaper than this. Like I said, enough excuses. The next thing we want to hear from you is a report after the races.

As for the class, you would need to start in the Karting Champions Trophy (KCT), and move up from there. The INKC is only for drivers who have a history of racing, not newcomers.

Last edited by Rtech : 5th September 2007 at 17:05.
Old 5th September 2007, 21:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Mcl, forget the Rotax. Start with the 4-strokes. Pay 500 or 1000, depending on the class, and you get a kart to qualify in. If you are quick enough, you get on the grid for the races. If you are quicker still, you can get on the podium and win some money and a nice trophy.

If you want, 4-stroke karts are given on hire for a weekend as well. Approximate cost is Rs.10,000. Very limited number, most of which have already been accounted for.
Rt, is it possible for a privater to purchase his own kart and enter. (Cost?)I figure if you are going to keep racing for a couple of seasons, it might be worth it. This way the kart is setup for you and you can keep it in top condition.
Old 5th September 2007, 23:50   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Mcl, please think of another line, this one is really old and frankly, does not apply to you. Hell, I'm sure you spend more going out to watch a movie these days (atleast it does at a multiplex in Mumbai!).
Robin, since you really don't understand the financial trouble I am in I will really not argue with you on this one. Spending over 2.5L on the Baleno over the last 1 year really puts me in a tough situation where saving every rupee counts to get my car back into running condition. I will be there at Cochin & CBE taking part. If I haven't already made that clear enough.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:20   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Rt, is it possible for a privater to purchase his own kart and enter.
Yes it is. We have a few guys running their own karts, and a few teams that run their owns karts as well. A 4-Stroke World kart would cost about 1.2 lakhs. As engine regulations are fixed for 3 years, you can be sure of using the same kart and getting complete VFM out of it.
Old 28th September 2007, 03:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on this?

Rt, are entries accepted at the venue? What do the winners of the KCT get? And what are the requirements, in terms of suit, helmet, boots, etc?
Old 28th September 2007, 03:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Any updates on this?

Rt, are entries accepted at the venue? What do the winners of the KCT get? And what are the requirements, in terms of suit, helmet, boots, etc?

i second this

updates and details please

cheers
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Yo, Rtech, some help here?
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:37   #27
Team-BHP Support

Sorry, was traveling and had limited access to the net.

Quote:
, are entries accepted at the venue?
Yes, entries are accepted at the venue. For the first round in Cochin, the late fee has been waived, so entries can be given in till Thursday, 11th.

Quote:
What do the winners of the KCT get?
The Grand final winner gets a free drive in the INKC class in 2008. It includes travel, stay and a kart at all races.

Quote:
And what are the requirements, in terms of suit, helmet, boots, etc?
For the KCT, you need a full face helmet, gloves and shoes. Jeans and a jacket are needed as well. If you qualify for the final, you will be given a driving suit.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:46   #28
BANNED

Go-Karting event in Cochin. Wanna drive?

Guys! Sorry. I am a bit late, I know. Got involved in some serious issues and hence this late and short notice announcement.

There's a GoKarting race being organised at our favorite venue ie. Cochin international Airport premises this month. It's jointly organised by MRF and MAI.

The trainings are starting from tomorrow. The race will be on 13th and 14th.

I will get more details about this and will be back then.

Last edited by Rtech : 4th October 2007 at 16:51. Reason: Threads merged.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:58   #29
BANNED

Thanks Robeeeen!

The trainings are starting from tomorrow and for the novice championship drivers, it will be on monday and tuesday. One great driver (and a great fun chap too) will be in charge of the training. So, it's not something to be missed.

The entry fee as of now is 3.5k (as told by an MAK official here). That includes everything. Yep! From training to the final race.
Old 4th October 2007, 17:30   #30
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the info Zak. Will you be driving?

Also, check :: MAI :: for the official program for the event and map of where the circuit is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks