5'3" and 81kg!
5'5'' and 81kgs actually .
Quote:
No wonder you're looking for a turbo for the baleno
You didn't know all this while? .

A pictorial comparison.

Not so long back:

And now:

PS: Pics don't do justice to how fat I was about a month ago. If you notice closely, in pic 1 my head looks bigger than the rest of my body while in pic 2 its just the opposite.

Robin, any news on any event that is happening on the 19-21st of this month at Kari? We are being denied track access after having booked it on the pretext of some MRF Karting Championship.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th October 2007 at 13:11.
Old 9th October 2007, 13:31   #47
Team-BHP Support

MRF Karting event at KMS is on Nov. 2-4th. I have no idea what is going on at KMS on 19-21.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:02   #48
BHPian

updates!

Any updates available on tomorrows kochi event??!!!!!
Old 15th October 2007, 13:40   #49
Team-BHP Support

Great Racing! Tight races for all classes! Entries exceeded expectattions - 120 in total. Sad to say only 2 BHPian's (that I know off) turned up to take part - v1p3r and Binz. So much for being enthusiasts! And for all that talk, Mcl was nowhere to be seen.

Binz made it through the first qualifying round for the KCT class and was unfortunate not to have made it to the final race having clocked a time which was just 1.5 seconds slower than the fastest of his class. However the timings are so close, and only the top 10 make it to the finals. See you in Coimbi Binz?

All results and Championship points are up on :: MAI :: Audumber Hede for Goa took a double header by winning both races and leads the Championship by 10 points from Rayomand Banajee.

A special thanks to Peter and Mathew along a the rest of the Motorsports Association of Kerala for all the help with the organisation. They are the real enthusiasts - less talk, more action.
Old 15th October 2007, 19:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

I am depressed.My first round of qualifying went bad.Before exiting the pits,i cribbed about the throttle cable and one of the organisers didn't let the mechanics touch it saying that it ws normal.End result?Throttle was stuck,brakes didn't hold one bit and I went into the tires both times.

Second round was much better,kart handled brilliantly and i decided to ease of the throttle due to the previous two laps.

Definately going to coimbatore!Thanks rtech for the help.

Thanks v1p3r,hydrashok,nikki and zak for everything!
Old 15th October 2007, 20:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
having clocked a time which was just 1.5 seconds slower than the fastest of his class. .
Would like to clarify,1.5secs slower than the fastest or the slowest of the top 10?

Saw you in the airport,couldn't meet because of the huge queue.
Old 15th October 2007, 20:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to Binz and v1p3r for participating. Take a bow,guys.

Anyways, I think ,if allowed, racers should arrive a couple days ahead , identify their kart and set it up.
Grass roots racing in India has been having this "bad car" complaint always. Its not enabling a level playing field.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:30   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous
Anyways, I think ,if allowed, racers should arrive a couple days ahead , identify their kart and set it up.
Nitrous, there is a provision where serious karters can bring their own karts or rent karts for the entire weekend. We have 16 of these drivers competing in their own karts. However, you surely do not expect an organiser to provide 150 karts to individual drivers!

Quote:
Grass roots racing in India has been having this "bad car" complaint always. Its not enabling a level playing field.
At the end of the day, a machine is a machine. Even at the level of F1, no two cars in the same team will be even. And that too after spending millions of dollars. Here we are talking about qualifying 65 drivers on a fixed number of karts, within a fixed period of time. Things are as equal as you can physically get them given the constraints.

Till you can come up with a cheaper/better solution than the current Rs.500 to enter with a chance to win Rs.8000/-, please keep the negativity out of it. Show me another country in the world that will provide someone with this opportunity for the grand sum of US$12.00. It doesn't get more grass roots than this my friend.

Binz, you were 1.5 sec off the pole sitter. Coimbi is a different ballgame, much larger track and fast corners.
Old 16th October 2007, 14:53   #54
BHPian

Some Pics of the event

Old 16th October 2007, 15:17   #55
BHPian

While some tried without a wheel...

Some looked for more....

Straight stretch

Just for the heck of it..
Old 16th October 2007, 16:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT
the current Rs.500 to enter with a chance to win Rs.8000/-,
This justifies everything.
Old 16th October 2007, 21:09   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sorry I couldn't make it inspite of making bus ticket reservations. My car was in complete shambles, needing a completely new engine & gearbox. Detailed report of which will be up on the forum soon. Since parents have to visit my hometown this week for a wedding and they need the car I was house arrested until I got the car running. Which unfortuntely has not YET happened with tomorrow being my deadline. I will be in CBE though taking part.

Binz is also accompanying me to CBE to take part.
Old 17th October 2007, 21:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I'm too fat to race. A full 16 kgs over the weight limit. And some people told me to focus on consistency. Here I am, braking later in each lap, then these 40kg kids go out, and don't even brake. Then I knew I was done for.

Anyway, it was a great experience, for 500 bucks it's really worth it.
Old 20th October 2007, 11:59   #59

Thanks RTech on behalf of MAK and myself for your patience and co-operation in all aspects for the successful running of the event. Looking forward to work with you in the future events also.

Mathew
Old 29th October 2007, 12:51   #60
Team-BHP Support

Round 2 is set to take off at the Kari Motor Speedway on 2nd - 4th November. for the first time, the Rotax max class will run as a National Championship. The list of classes that will run are:
Indian National Championships:
- INKC- World Formula Senior: 15 & above
- INKC - World Formula Junior: 11-15 years
- INKC - Rotax Max Senior
- INKC - Rotax Max Junior
- INKC - Mini Max

Other classes:
- Karting Champion's Trophy - 15 & above. This is the novice class.
- Cadet Class: 8-11 years
- Ladies Class: 12 & above.

Home we get the Coimbi BHPian's joining in this time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks