Team-BHP - MRF-MAI Indian National Karting Championship 2007: UD: 2007 Champions declared!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   MRF-MAI Indian National Karting Championship 2007: UD: 2007 Champions declared! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/28171-mrf-mai-indian-national-karting-championship-2007-ud-2007-champions-declared.html)

MRF-MAI Indian National Karting Championship to begin in September

Karting action is set to take India by storm once again with the return of the premier karting Championship in India, the 2007 MRF-MAI Indian National Karting Championship (INKC).

The MRF-MAI INKC 2007 is back and better than ever before. More classes, more races, new venues and new circuits mean 2007 is going to be one of the best years ever.

What’s new for 2007?
• Introduction of the Rotax Max class for Seniors, Juniors and Mini Max. Drivers will compete to become the first ever Indian National Rotax Max Champion. This will be run in Coimbatore, Nagpur and Kolhapur.

• The World Formula class continues, however for 2007, the INKC emphasis will be on pure racing, following similar rules and formats to what is followed in International events. Each race weekend consists of free practice, qualifying practice, qualifying heats and 2 races. This is serious racing.

• For the first time in the Championship, the Cadet class will be held. This is for children between the ages of 8-11. The karts are smaller in size and made for the smaller children. The cadet class is the ideal starting point for youngsters to get a foot hold in the sport.

• The Team Trophy will have top teams in India battle it out for the MRF-MAI Team Trophy title in the World Formula Senior class. Last years winner – Speed Rayo Racing, is back with a bigger and better team in an effort to retain their title. Team Mohite’s Racing is keen to displace the current champions though, and with their star driver and 2006 MRF-MAI INKC Champion Ameya Walavalkar racing for them, it is sure to be a hard fought battle.

• There are a limited number of karts that are available for rent for the race weekends in the rotax class as well as the World Formula Senior class. Renting a kart allows the driver to concentrate on his racing while not being distracted by worries about transport, mechanics, fuel etc.

• The Karting Champion’s Trophy (KCT) will be held at each venue. This is the starting point for newcomers to the Championship. Previous winners of the KCT will not be allowed to take part in this class hence opening the door for new faces and talents to emerge at each venue. The top 3 drivers from each venue will compete in the grand final to emerge the Karting Champions Trophy winner for 2007.

A brief overview of the categories that constitute the 2007 MRF-MAI INKC
Indian National Championships:
- World Formula Senior : CIK World Formula Chassis, 4-stroke Honda engine (14hp), ages 15 and above.
- World Formula Junior : CIK World Formula Chassis, 4-stroke Honda engine (14hp), ages 12 to 15.
- Rotax Max Senior : Rotax karts with 2 stroke Rotax Senior engine (28hp), ages 15 and above
- Rotax Max Junior : Rotax karts with 2 stroke Rotax Junior engine (20hp), ages 12 to 15.
- Rotax Mini Max : Rotax karts with 2 stroke Rotax mini max engine (13bhp), ages 8 to 12.

The rotax class will run at Coimbatore, Nagpur and Kolhapur only.

Other Non-Championship classes:

KCT : Pre-qualifying on 9hp karts with qualifying and race on World Kart. Ages 15 and above.

Cadet Class:Specially made cadet karts producing 5hp. Children ages 8-11 can enter.

More information can be found on :: MAI :: or by email on iarc@gmail.com

Calendar:
1 September 7-9 Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore
2 October 12-14 Cochin
3 November 2-4 Fast Track, Nagpur
4 November 16-18 Mohite’s Racing Academy, Kolhapur
5 November 23-25 Go-a-karting, Goa
6 December 7-9 TBA, Mumbai

Being an enthusiasts website, lets see how many members are gonna take part. No excuses of too expensive etc. apply here, so c'mon guys, enough talk, get out there and race.

What are the charges for the renting of the Rotax's and the license Robin? I will be there for the Kari event. I mean taking part.

Rotax karts can be rented from Meco Motorsport. Email mecomotorsports@yahoo.com for rates and details. the 4 stroke karts are provided by the organiser itself or can be rented from Indus Karts (induskarts@yahoo.com ).

MAI Licence fee is Rs.500/600 (Renewal/New). Holders of a MAI racing licence do not need to apply for a separate karting licence.

Yeah. This is the stepping stone for circuit racing.
Mclaren, U GOTTO enter.
No excuses!

Sent out e-mails to both the addresses. Lets see what comes out of it.

jus share the rent rates..once the e-mail is responded too!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by raajks (Post 548334)
jus share the rent rates..once the e-mail is responded too!!!

I will put up the rates once I get the details Raaj.

This just in. :(

Source: :: MAI ::
Due to reasons beyond the control of the organier, the first round of the MRF-MAI Indian National Karting Championship 2007 to run in Coimbatore will not be able to run on its scheduled dates of September 7th to 9th. The Championship will now begin in Cochin on October 12th to 14th.

The revised calendar is as follows:
Round New date / venue
1 13-14 October / Cochin
2 3-4 November / Coimbatore
3 17-18 November / Nagpur
4 24-25 November/ Goa
5 8-9 December / Kolhapur

Well, I guess this gives people a chance to get better prepared.

whats the minumum age for getting a MAI license. do you need a drivers license for getting it?stupid:

can anyone please explain me the step by step procedure on how to go about entering the karting championship. Am a lil dumb at procedures.stupid:

Robin

The event starts Oct 12. Can someone who turns 8 on Oct 13 take part? I have some plans if that you-know-who makes enough progress by then.

Racingmachine, I shall put up all the details the minute I have them. Kindly request you to be patient.

Robin, why O why? Now I have to wait till November. And not sure if it would be the best time to be out of station, specially with someone specials birthday coming up a day before the Coimby race :Frustrati .

Quote:

whats the minumum age for getting a MAI license. do you need a drivers license for getting it?
Minimum age for a karting licence is 8 years. And no, you don't need a drivers licence! lol!

Minimum age for a racing licence is 15 years.
Quote:

can anyone please explain me the step by step procedure on how to go about entering the karting championship.
Its really simple.
1. Download the MAI licence form and fill it out, complete with the medical
2. Download the regs and entry form. Print out the entry form. Fill it out.
3. Send the forms and fee's to the address given on the forms.
4. Thats it, you're ready to go!
5. Oh yea, don't forget to show up at the track! You'd be surprised knowing how many actually forget to show up!

Quote:

The event starts Oct 12. Can someone who turns 8 on Oct 13 take part? I have some plans if that you-know-who makes enough progress by then.
Sure. He can get a licence and enter. I suggest you let him enter. THis is the first time a class has been created for 8-11 year olds, so you dont have to worry about anyone having too much experience here. Just enter.

Quote:

Now I have to wait till November.
Why november? Start from Cochin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 551028)
Minimum age for a karting licence is 8 years. And no, you don't need a drivers licence! lol!

Minimum age for a racing licence is 15 years.

oh goody goody (rubbing hands with glee). im going to get it then.lol: