Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 00:57   #1
BHPian

Technical Regulations for Gp N Rally/saloon class

Need some info regarding the technical regs of the Gp N Rally/saloon class.

1. Where can i get/buy a copy of the Book describing the regulations ?
2. Will the local representative of MAI i.e KMSC have/sell a copy to interested persons.

3. Is the current roll-cage design specs different from those that were used a couple years back.What is the diameter of the pipe to be used for the same.
4. Is it necessary for the fixed-back racing seat to be FIA approved ? Or will any fixed back seat do.
5. Finally, regarding racing overalls...do they have to be sparco or omp only. At the concluded event at Kari, found almost everyone with sparco suits.Hence the doubt. If anyone here has some info on where we get MAI approved suits please post.

Sorry for asking so many questions at a time.
Thanks in advance.
Old 30th August 2007, 01:07   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Is the current roll-cage design specs different from those that were used a couple years back.What is the diameter of the pipe to be used for the same.
I have heard so as well. There is a change in the specs of the roll cage. Though I suggest you do not take my word for it. Maybe Robin could clarify.

Quote:
Is it necessary for the fixed-back racing seat to be FIA approved ? Or will any fixed back seat do.
Last I had inquired they said it had to be MAI approved. Not necessarily FIA.

Quote:
Finally, regarding racing overalls...do they have to be sparco or omp only. At the concluded event at Kari, found almost everyone with sparco suits.Hence the doubt. If anyone here has some info on where we get MAI approved suits please post.
Once again MAI approved suits should do fine. I hear you get them from Calcutta if I am not mistaken.

Quote:
Where can i get/buy a copy of the Book describing the regulations ?
Try :: MAI ::
Old 30th August 2007, 01:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Something's brewing...we ain't seen nothing yet.
Old 30th August 2007, 09:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo View Post
Need some info regarding the technical regs of the Gp N Rally/saloon class.

1. Where can i get/buy a copy of the Book describing the regulations ?
2. Will the local representative of MAI i.e KMSC have/sell a copy to interested persons.

3. Is the current roll-cage design specs different from those that were used a couple years back.What is the diameter of the pipe to be used for the same.
4. Is it necessary for the fixed-back racing seat to be FIA approved ? Or will any fixed back seat do.
5. Finally, regarding racing overalls...do they have to be sparco or omp only. At the concluded event at Kari, found almost everyone with sparco suits.Hence the doubt. If anyone here has some info on where we get MAI approved suits please post.

Sorry for asking so many questions at a time.
Thanks in advance.

Reg are avaialable on MAI website

Yes this years roll cage specs are completely different, please check the MAI website again

Fixed back seats will do, no standards here, most seats in todays cars are made from the sparco moulds that are available in coimbatore....

you can use overalls from taralohia, Tara Lohia Pvt. Limited - Manufacturers of flame retardant workwear, kevlar high temperature gloves and flame retardant garments made out of high temperature Kevlar fabric
Old 30th August 2007, 11:23   #5
BHPian

@killjoy..Thank you for the info.
But who or where in coimbatore do i need to get in touch for the seats? Most people i know there are using sparcos.

I know the regs are there on MAI website, but i was looking for a hard copy of the rule book, like what used to be given/sold few years back.

Regarding the racing suits.... do we need to pick up the material from the above mentioned link or do they supply readymade suits for racing ?
Old 30th August 2007, 13:23   #6
Team-BHP Support

The rule book can be bought from the MAI. It costs Rs.300.

Lohia supplies complete suits made to order. Send them an email and they will let you know what is to be done.

Killjoy has answered the other questions well.

Most Viewed