Old 18th September 2007, 16:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
For when is the INRC Goa scheduled?
from 26th to 28th of october.
Old 19th September 2007, 10:35   #17
BANNED

Well .... now that Ive recuperated from the week end I thought I'd try and share it with the rest of you who missed out ... I ain't very good in penning down reports but I'll still attempt it

DAY 1 -- Saturday morning started with Chetan giving me about 20 missed calls as I was meant to be with them at the Hotel where the media guys and Gill were staying by 7 but I only woke up at 7.15 -- got ready quickly and headed out to catch up with them as they were stiull waiting . The venue was about 30 kms from Benasawadi but don't ask me the place as I've again forgotten it . The weather over the past few days in Bangalore had all been about rain and then some more rain and again some more rain , so that day was also overcast with very very dark clouds and we were expecting rain . Got to the venue and realised we cudn't use the entire track as one half of the track was a bit too slushy and Gaurav felt that it cud get dangerous in one corner due to excessive slush there specially with the newbies .

Started of with the usual Intro's .... followed by a lil brief by Gaurav as to what he was gonna do over the next two days , etc etc and then we were into the cars with the particpants driving and Gill navigating and Sanjay Aggarwal sitting with a pen and paper at the back marking ppl according to what Gill marked us . During the run -- we were stopped and explained about mistakes that we were making so that we wouldn't make them in the second lap . Must say Hats of to Gaurav and Sanjay for being so patient and giving advise to each person . I got into the car for my round and thought Id try and drive the pants of the car and maybe Gill will offer me a contract with Team MRF and in the process I over killed the car and I still didnt get the drive with the MRF team instead I got a rap on my knuckles for being too harsh on the car . He also told me to do left foot braking as I could do it and it would help me .....

While people were going round and round with Gaurav .. the others were just chilling out and enjoying the sexy weather . Met with a lot of guys from the forum who Id only seen post but never met . Our man Tom also showed up wearing the Rally.co tee and we got talking about stuff related to the site . After this round we had a bit of theory followed by lunch . After lunch started the next round where we were sent out on our own with no one co driving . I started to get the left foot going and to my surprise found that I got it right pretty well . None of the laps were getting timed so we had no clue about who was fast and who was slow . Bonny , Karthik ( racedynamics ) & a kid from Simla seemed to be real quick from the outside as per my observation . Thats when Chetan passed a remark that I had competition and that it didn't seem that I was gonna get that free drive , which got me even more determined to win . After all its not everyday that Chetan will offer his car as a prize !!!!

Anyways , the day ended after the individual runs with more to come on Sunday but as Gaurav had marked evryone on 4 parameters we were shown the result of that and WHOA , I was lying 5th or 6th !!! The 4 parameters being Car Control , Smoothness , Braking & oops , I forgot the 4th point . So all in all a depressing day -- headed back to the hotel knocked up a few beers , had dinner and went home to crash out and determined to do better next morning .........................

So that was Day 1 !!!
Old 19th September 2007, 10:37   #18
BANNED

[size=18]Day 2[/size] -- This time I did get up in time and got to the hotel before Gaurav was even ready and or had Chetan landed up . Back on the road to the venue and we were there by 8.30 . Gaurav had this smirk on his face when we landed there and I couldn't understand why , on my persistent asking he winked and said watch the fun now . He walked out onto the long straight stretch , asked for some plastic chairs and set up a slalom course on the slushiest part of the track ;-) !!!

And we were sent out one by one .... and what fun it was !! Gaurav didn't sit with us but Sanjay Aggarwal did and I must say that this was the best part of teh 2 day event with people going all over , hitting the chairs , missing the lines , spinning out -- it also was fun for the people standing outside as its very easy to laugh at others . Gaurav had a constant smirk on his face . Personally I had a good neat run and probably was the best of the 20 guys ;-) .... after all sideways is what I luv being ,. I got the nick of Slithering something coz of my pretty neat drive through the course .

Then Gaurav went out to show us how it was to be done .. and thats when we all had a HEARTY LAUGH at seeing Gauravs expression -- he just couldn't seem to do the slalom himself -- BELIEVE ME , its true ;-) !! I wish someone had captured his facial expressions during his run .... to tell you teh truth , we guys decided to make the slalom way tighter than what it was when he went out to start his run and obciously he didn't know that so he would come in with the speed that he had carried earlier only to realise that he wasn't close to doing it . He went back again and we made it even tighter and this time he was again caught off guard and ended up hitting the chairs and seeing 50 ppl laffing at him got his lil ego to kick in and he went right back for another attempt and barely made it through . Its only when he got out of the car that he realised what we had done and sure enough , the first guy he looked at was me -- Dog, It had to be you who did this :-) :-) . But it was a lil fun time where he was the one being laffed at .

By the end of our run ... the track had kind of dried up so a water tanker was called for -- and Chetan cudn't believe what Gaurav was asking for but he went ahead and ordered one . The tanker was sent out to wet the track much more and the gap between the cones in the slalom was increased so that it became a high speed slalom but through complete slush .

After the water tanker passed ...

Now it was Gaurav to take everyone through the slalom and this was the most amazing session of driving that I've seen in a long long time . One had to see it to believe it --- ppl cudn't even imagine before this session that the esteem can be made to dance like that . We all got to sit in the co drivers seat and it was SIMPLY AMAZING -- I was only looking at the foot well and it was like someone tap dancing . We ran out of time so we couldn't get to do it though I was really wanting to . But entertainment came in teh form of CHetan and Sanjay attempting the fast slalom --- I wouldn't reveal number fo attempts but they failed miserably , cudn't even handle the first of the slush cones . That was another laugh and a lot of the guys were feeling so much better as rally drivers also couldn't handle it . After this lunch was served ..... posting some more pics from the slalom ...

After lunch we had some more theory on pace note making and stuff plus a Q&A session . After that we were down to the business .... RACE TIME and this is what we were all waiting for . Tyres had been put on corners so that we wudn't cut corners and hitting tyres would incur a 3 second penalty . The start order was based on the previous days standings based on the points but with the Media guys getting a go at the track first ( media gets favored here also so hope they write a good report :-) ) !! Harman from Autocar went and clocked 1.40.xx , Karthik from the CNBC went and clocked 1.32.xx so CNBC won that battle . After that was Bonny ( ex navigator ) who went out and set a blistering 1.29.18 followed by Karthik ( racedynamics ) who set a slightly slower time . After that was my turn and I knew I had to get it absolutely right which I didn't but still managed a 1.27.xx . So that was a relief but there was this kid from Simla who had shown tremendous talent and speed who went in after me and if there was anyone who could beat me -- it had to be him but he too couldn't and ended up with 1.29.10 !!! After that everyone went but nop one came close ..... So I WON THE RALLYART CAR FOR AN INRC ROUND + a remote control car ( which I didn't like ) !!

After the PD .. we had Sanjay Aggarwal go onto the track in his newly prepared Gypsy which was being shipped the next day for the Raid but on one such lap he over did it a little and ended up rolling it , and no one got it on camera !!

So thats how it ended .... headed back to the hotel for the drinks + dinner and a close to another fun filled week end !!!

SUMMARY -- On a personal front I did learn a few small things which will help me a lot . Chetan & Kristine as usual were at their best in organising stuff and had everything running smoothly . Kristine -- she actually si the one who handles this entire week end , and I don't think she sleeps more than a few hours on such a week end !! A round of applause for her ... :-)

As for Gaurav Gill .... HATS of to him !!! I didn't think he would be this patient & helpful with each and every student there . He patiently sat with everyone , told them of tehir mistakes and infact even if one is to call him today and ask him what his mistakes were , he would rattle them of . He really did put in a lot of effort ... kept thing humorous in the theory bit and STUNNED everyone with his driving skills , and became a KF buddy over the week end . Im looking forward to the next Gill Drill .;-) !! I thought he had a stuck up attitude as thats what I had heard ... but I guess he forgot to carry it with him to Bangalore . ;-)

Another round of applause must be given to Sanjay Aggarawal who also was there through out . Sitting with newbies must not be a easy task but he did it with a smile on his face and there were times when Im sure he had his ***** in his mouth as the newbie messed up on the track .

And it was great meeting up with a whole lot of new faces .. specially the Media guys who will get a walloping incase they don't give a good detailed write up in their respective magazines .

And my take on talent was the kid from Simla ... Parminder !! He is one who if encouraged and supported in the right manner has the making of a future prospect . Hes just 20 so he has age on his side and a lot of car control so he's the guy to watch out for .

As for me ... Im gonna take the car and do either Goa or Pune as there are rumours that Coimbatore may not happen though I wud have luved to do that one . But next year I will be looking at the 1400 I think .... :-) !!!

Rallyart -- Im looking for your next event which should happen up North and I would take part as long as you promise that you will give prizes like the last event and not like the ones this time . Winners prizes were a BIG let down ... :-( , but THANX anyways !!!

Cheers
Old 19th September 2007, 13:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow Khaadu. That was an awesome report. Congrats on your victory and the sponsored ride in the INRC Goa.

Next rally school is organised again by Chetan in Chennai. It happens this weekend at Sholavaram.
Old 19th September 2007, 14:04   #20
BHPian

Way to Go Boozie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saala, go for it. Congrats.
I hope you are doing proper research on the 1400 as instructed!!
btw another game of scrabble is on.. i didnt figure how to get back to the
original one actually, that was the problem
and i knda got lucky with the first word.. Sorry
Old 19th September 2007, 14:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey khaadu, congrats once more.
Great write up dude.

Damn Im still kicking my manager in my thoughts for ruining this great opportunity.
Old 19th September 2007, 15:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Im so happy and relieved for U, Khaadu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naditya
Next rally school is organised again by Chetan in Chennai. It happens this weekend at Sholavaram.
When exactly?
Old 19th September 2007, 15:23   #23
BHPian

Congrats khaadu for wining the competition and the drive.Hope to see you teaching some of your skills at one of the next meets.By the way when is the next gill drill and what are the expenses involved.
Old 19th September 2007, 16:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Khaadu! And that made a really nice read. Looks like you had a lot of fun
Old 19th September 2007, 19:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
When exactly?
This weekend. Sep 22nd & 23rd (Sat/Sun).

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th September 2007 at 19:04.
Old 20th September 2007, 01:18   #26
BANNED

Thanx guys for the wishes .... will know by the week end as to which event I will be doing , Goa or Pune !!! I aint looking forward to them too much as they both tarmac events and I don't find myself too comfortable on tarmac but as I have to use the car this year I don't have a choice . Goa obviously is my first choice but things being worked out with a sponsor and if that falls in place , I will have to do the Pune round .

Guys , if any of you have dreams of rallying then you should take part in the Rallyart workshops .... I have a feeling that they gonna be doing lots more and that too mostly with Gill !!! So don't think .. just go ahead and sign up when they do one next ....

Cheers
Old 20th September 2007, 01:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Report Khaadu, so when is the first "Rally School with Khaadu" taking place?
Old 24th September 2007, 13:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Awesome Report Khaadu, so when is the first "Rally School with Khaadu" taking place?

what do you think took place a jolly ride this was the rally school
Old 25th September 2007, 00:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
what do you think took place a jolly ride this was the rally school
Does it seem looking at this thread that this was anything else than a rally school?

Can't the light of the enlightment be carried forward by the participants? Competitive motoring should not remain confined, shouldn't it?
Old 25th September 2007, 07:14   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

My my, look what I missed. KF man, congrats on winning the scholarship. And sorry for not being able to make it. Would have loved to, and kindly tell someone who calls you that you won baba. We would have popped a few more drinks cheering to your sponsored drive when we all met for dinner. Too bad that you couldn't join us for dinner and include us in this moment of joy.

All the best for the upcoming round that you wish to take part in. And do make us proud. And remember, give it your BEST! Winning is winning .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks