Team-BHP - Hail Karun Chandok! GP2 winner at Spa.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Hail Karun Chandok! GP2 winner at Spa. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/28887-hail-karun-chandok-gp2-winner-spa.html)

Come on guys, see beyond cricket. Hail karun Chandok, Winner of GP2 race at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium. Hearing the Indian National Anthem at a GP circuit for the first time brought tears to my eyes. Historic event! Chak de!!:Cheering:

thats fantastic news. he was leading one of the recent races but was out due to a collision, now he has proved again.

hope to see him soon at spyker.

Well done young man. Wishing him all the best in the future endeavors too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 565819)
Come on guys, see beyond cricket. Hail karun Chandok, Winner of GP2 race at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium. Hearing the Indian National Anthem at a GP circuit for the first time brought tears to my eyes. Historic event! Chak de!!:Cheering:

Damn, a moment not to be missed!! Grown men are shedding tears...Someone put it on youtube please:

People are bound to sit up and take notice. Winning at Spa is special. I hope his phone is ringing. Go Chandok!!

Congratulations KC!
U're a bigger rockstar now!!

Quote:

That would have been one special feeling. Congrats KC for making this country proud. :)

Yup, was lucky to watch the race today. Pretty brave move from KC (under hard braking from top speed) to get into the lead.

Now this is the kind of aggression one needs, to be a good F1 driver. This lad deserves to have a shot at it...what say?

Shan2nu

Great news for all petrol-heads in India ! Hope this & other successes lead to automotive enlightenment in our country, and greater involvement & participation in all things motorsport by the masses. :) For those interested in the Chandoks, this would make very nice reading...

MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club

thats killer news ,hoping to see him in the improved spyker ..enjoyed sharing this with my brit colleagues.

Go chandok go...never knew that he won until i saw it on Team bhp
I was watching the race and at the start he was 14 and then 12th so didnt expect him to make it up front.... i missed it!!!!!
Am still kickin myself over it!!!
By the way in cricket if we win there is no anthem playing but that they do only in racing!!!
Chuk cricket go Racing

Quote:

I expect we will hear the Indian national anthem quite a few times this year in the A1GP series. Narain is looking good there:)

I hope he continues this winning streak. Anyone recorded the video?

Motor-sport, & for that matter every other sport, is eclipsed by cricket here in India ! And if it isn't enough torture that every sports channel is always broadcasting some cricket match or another, we're now blessed with a channel dedicated for cricket !?!

Was at the formula Swift, Chevy, series races at the MMSC track this weekend. Attendance was poor, just a smattering of spectators. Saw Leela Krishnan, Vicky Chandok, & Arjun Balu there, with fellow team-bhp-ian Sideways orchestrating the show :) We desi gear-heads really have to thank such dedicated people for keeping the fires alight, which for all intents & purposes, looks to be a thankless job - sad really. Pathetic that if not for JK-Tyres & TVS, we'd have lost this track...

But boy, you have to hear those engines, with their straight pipes, in the flesh - simply awesome ! Congratulations once again to the Chandoks :)