Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 21:58   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Track & 1/4 mile event @ Kari, Coimbatore 4 bikes & cars this 21-10-07. Sign up now!

Ok, all those who missed out on the last event & those of you who want to do it all over again. Here is your chance.

Organizing a track day & 1/4 mile event for both bikes & cars as well this 21st (Govt holiday). Have sent invites to some of the SBKers and have got some positive response. We also have a good number of cars expected too. So lets get the numbers rolling.

All those of you who are interested kindly sign up NOW. Kindly note that you confirm for participation "ONLY" if you are serious about it. Unlike last time, where many confirmed but as the due date came near nobody was to be seen. We have to work out the rates et all and everything goes for a toss when people confirm and don't turn up.

Agenda: Track will open at 9am and close by 5pm.

We will have alternate sessions of 45 mins each for the car & bike guys from 9am -3pm. Rules will be put up shortly. 3-5pm will be dedicated to a round of 1/4 mile action. We will be following the elimination format until a winner is declared.

Medical amenities include ambulance & doctors will be stationed at the track. We will have marshals manning the track as well. Safety of all (specially the bikers) is our primary concern. Also available for rent will be a "lone" FISSME for those of you who are hesitant to get your rides onto track. Rate for the FISSME will be 1,600 for 10 laps.

So whose IN? Hurry up guys, we don't have much time left. This is just the beginning of the fun.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 1st October 2007 at 22:01.
Old 2nd October 2007, 00:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

How much?

I don't know about the 1/4th mile. I hear the owner is rather adamant about burnouts not being allowed on track.
Old 2nd October 2007, 00:52   #3
BANNED

Will be about approx 2k per car, 1k for indian bikes & slightly more for SBK's. Yet to finalize on the rates.

If you are so adamant on doing burnouts do them outside the track premises .
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

No SBK will run a drag without a burnout. The same applies to any car running a competition tyre.
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:10   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No SBK will run a drag without a burnout. The same applies to any car running a competition tyre.
That is left to the owners to decide, though I shall have a word with the track authorities in any case to see if they can relax this. This is not an official drag event, its a fun event. The same will be reciprocated to all members taking part as well. We are all here to have fun, not to break the records.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd October 2007 at 01:11.
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:52   #6
BHPian

Are you planning to run one all bikes in the same session? It can get dicey especially with inexperienced riders
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:20   #7
BANNED

Most of the riders that are coming up with confirmations have all done track days prior to this. The most inexperienced of the lot are coming in from the cars section. If need be, we can do something about the inexperienced riders. Any ideas?
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:43   #8

hello

hello everyone ...iam a newbie here.. i have been reading all the post...sounds very exciting....i would like to come for this track day..i would like to try the FISSME. I HOPE THERE WILL BE SOMEONE TO GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS.should i bring the helmet and the race gear.. iam a novice drive.never been to a track before, only in PS2.
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:53   #9

hello everyone ... iam a newbie here.i have been reading your comments on track day...i would like to come this 21st to drive FISSME. i never driven around a track,only in playstations and computer games.iam a novice driver.i hope there will be someone to give me instuctions how to drive.should i must have the race gear or the racing license.i just have the normal driving lincense.
Old 2nd October 2007, 16:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Most of the riders that are coming up with confirmations have all done track days prior to this. The most inexperienced of the lot are coming in from the cars section. If need be, we can do something about the inexperienced riders. Any ideas?
ok, the only idea i have would be to run seperate sessions but we cant have that coz we dont have enough time as it is.
Old 2nd October 2007, 17:19   #11
BANNED

black_max, we would love to have you join us. Yes, there will be someone available to give you all the instructions before you take the FISSME out for your quota of laps. I suggest you get a helmet, wear full pants & shoes. Don't think you would need anything else. Do keep a check on this thread for further updates. Also kindly PM me your contact details so that I can keep you informed about the updates.
Old 2nd October 2007, 21:23   #12
BHPian

One more thing, will there be a chicane breaking up the straight or will the layout be what it normally is?
Old 2nd October 2007, 21:50   #13

I didn't see any of the cars do burn outs during the last chenai drag.
You dont need any license to use the track.
All you need is a bond to be signed.
If you are bellow 18 years of age. The bond has to be signed by your parent / guardian. The bond is on Rs 100/- stamp paper and is valid for a period of 1 Year. You will be issued a laminated Membership card if you carry your passport size photo.
The Bond just says that you will not hold the track or the organizer responsible if you do something stupid like running into the wall.
If you look young then you need to produce your drivers licence to prove your not a minor,
If you want copies of this bond to have your parents sign it so you can carry it with you. The same can be arranged.
I would not use the word Race. Be careful in your wording or the politicians will jump in on the action. And screw up the complete scene.

A track day is just a bunch of Automotive enthusiast's who are using the track to test their rides, and to improve their driving skills.
It gives you a chance to test the limits of your self and ride in a safe and controlled environment.

The minute you use words like Race / Drag etc. The picture can get very complicated very fast.
If you know what your doing then by all means go ahead.
Im just sharing how we have done it many times in the past.
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:45   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
One more thing, will there be a chicane breaking up the straight or will the layout be what it normally is?
The bikers will be able to use the same layout as that of the existing track (or do you guys want a change as well?). I think its only for the car guys we need the chicane.

Ron, I was wondering the same about the burnouts. I think Mr.Cutlet just wants to keep us busy & worried with questions . I don't know what other word to use for a run to a 1/4 mile following an elimination format. Any clues on that one? Though I have already clearly mentioned this in one of my posts below.

Quote:
This is not an official drag event, its a fun event. The same will be reciprocated to all members taking part as well. We are all here to have fun, not to break the records.
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:50   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
The bikers will be able to use the same layout as that of the existing track (or do you guys want a change as well?). I think its only for the car guys we need the chicane.
Ok, no i for one dont want the chicane. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed